closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Titanium Square G Shock - Anyone buying?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Are they DLC or IP plated? I thought only the Porter was DLC in steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IP indeed - still hard, black (very shiny on one), and plated...

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    I have had the black titanium in the basket on and off, just need a few beers tonight to help the finger press the button!

Craftsman
    I want it..... but I've only got £50 in my PayPal account. Guess it's not for me then

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    GSK15 worked for 15% off at Jura

maseman

Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    I have had the black titanium in the basket on and off, just need a few beers tonight to help the finger press the button!

I have a small wrist 6.25". I wonder how the full metal GShock wears? I kept hearing that it doesn't fit small wrist but I haven't seen any examples so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    I have a small wrist 6.25". I wonder how the full metal GShock wears? I kept hearing that it doesn't fit small wrist but I haven't seen any examples so far.
    It's because of how the strap interacts with the case - the links cannot turn down enough to contact a small wrist so you get a big old space between the uppermost links and your wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    It's because of how the strap interacts with the case - the links cannot turn down enough to contact a small wrist so you get a big old space between the uppermost links and your wrist.
    I’ve also wondered about this (and have a WTB out for one) and looking at where the bracelet connects to the case there seems to be like a ribbed plastic insert, is that right? I was wondering if it could be modded or removed to allow the bracelet to sit closer to the wrist rather than pushing the lugs out?

I have a 6.25" wrist and the full metal fits just fine. I suppose it depends a bit on the shape of your wrist, mine is thin and flat, there is a little gap but not much.

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I have a 6.25" wrist and the full metal fits just fine. I suppose it depends a bit on the shape of your wrist, mine is thin and flat, there is a little gap but not much.

Mitch
    Thanks Mitch! Exactly what I'm looking for, the watch doesn't look too big on your wrist. Do you have more photos? Also do you have a photo of the gap?

Blog Entries
    I wholeheartedly agree with the comments here about the whole point of a G Shock is to be able to batter it.

And as much as the whole world now seem to be into watches.... and the fact is that the higher end of the market has gone up in price... and that other brands becoming more expensive MAY be an inevitable thing.... I think that paying that much for a Casio watch (which is what it is... essentially)... is ridiculous.

It will be interesting to see how prices stick in the current coronacrisis. At all ends of the market.

I know that the wealthy are wealthy... but these are unprecedented global times.

£1400 nicker for a Casio watch that you cannot smash... just doesn't work for me.
    However... it's a looker. But something I would debate even paying £400 for.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Mitch! Exactly what I'm looking for, the watch doesn't look too big on your wrist. Do you have more photos? Also do you have a photo of the gap?
    Here are a couple of photos I have just taken.

Mitch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with the comments here about the whole point of a G Shock is to be able to batter it.

And as much as the whole world now seem to be into watches.... and the fact is that the higher end of the market has gone up in price... and that other brands becoming more expensive MAY be an inevitable thing.... I think that paying that much for a Casio watch (which is what it is... essentially)... is ridiculous.

It will be interesting to see how prices stick in the current coronacrisis. At all ends of the market.

I know that the wealthy are wealthy... but these are unprecedented global times.

£1400 nicker for a Casio watch that you cannot smash... just doesn't work for me.
    However... it's a looker. But something I would debate even paying £400 for.

Just my opinion.
    I hate it when somenone sensible comes along....!

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries

Forgive me!!

I won't last.. trust me :)

I bought my 19 year old son the positive display steel version and he loves it. He has pretty slim wrists and it looks fine - mind you after about 18 months daily wear it looks pretty battered, but as he says that’s what a G shock is for!
    The Crystal is still immaculate and I’d be surprised if it doesn’t last him at least 15 years, worn 24/7. I don’t really see the point of spending any more, otherwise it gets ‘babied’ and that makes no sense with watches like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    When was this hobby ever considered "sensible" ??

maseman

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Here are a couple of photos I have just taken.

Mitch
    Thanks Mitch! That's most useful! It doesn't look too bad.

I've still got mine, although I don't wear it as much as I might. (And it's even made an appearance on the SC!)

But it's a great watch and a good fit on my 7 1/2" wrist. As someone said, the rigidity of the first of the bracelet links, where it joins the watch, means that there might be a small gap on the smaller-wristed members of the community! But it's a good fit for me.

Thanks guys for the wrist shot. I've decided to make the purchase last week and it arrived today, Couldn't be any happier with it, although there's a little gap it's still passable for a small wrist like mine.