closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Titanium Square G Shock - Anyone buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Yikes.

Well, they're showing in stock at https://g-shock.co.uk/new and I got as far as putting one of each in my basket. I then noticed the running total of £2880 and had to have a quick sit down. I'm hoping there's a less painful way of doing this!
    I doubt it personally, it might be a year or two before used examples hit the market, but when the Porter was released it sold out instantly and people were asking three times list within days. £2.8k for both watches brand new might be an absolute steal that you later regret if you don't jump in.

Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing View Post
    Personally, I don’t see the point of a titanium watch that’s coated black, for me the beauty of titanium is the grey colour. I’d rather see it bead blasted with a brushed bezel. Of the two, the camo one works best. I’m happy with my aged version from SC!
    Did you get that one fairly recently? I’m trying to find the Sales thread and can’t see it. I missed out on that through thinking too long and it looked (as I recall) exactly what I’m looking for. Let me know if you fancy moving it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I doubt it personally, it might be a year or two before used examples hit the market, but when the Porter was released it sold out instantly and people were asking three times list within days. £2.8k for both watches brand new might be an absolute steal that you later regret if you don't jump in.

Just saying...
    Apparently, the titanium models are not limited editions. How fast they can keep up with demand is an entirely different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    Apparently, the titanium models are not limited editions. How fast they can keep up with demand is an entirely different matter.
    They may not be limited editions, but could conceivably be limited, timed production - i,e, a run for a year. Demand seems ok, the high price is a bit off putting I guess. It could be one of those which get more sought after if production stops and then people panic around wanting one!

Bump, bump, bump!

I commented on the G thread, but thought I'd put it here. I've ordered one! Now I wasn't going to pay full price, just insane. I was 50-50 on either, leaning a bit for the camo, but alas no real deal on the camo. I picked up one of the normal ones for €1272. That equates to £1085 - over £300 saving on the ripoff Britain price. I picked up via https://www.laguardajoiers.com/en/watches/g-shock.html if anyone also fancies one...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Bump, bump, bump!

I commented on the G thread, but thought I'd put it here. I've ordered one! Now I wasn't going to pay full price, just insane. I was 50-50 on either, leaning a bit for the camo, but alas no real deal on the camo. I picked up one of the normal ones for €1272. That equates to £1085 - over £300 saving on the ripoff Britain price. I picked up via https://www.laguardajoiers.com/en/watches/g-shock.html if anyone also fancies one...
    Well done. Look forward to seeing some proper pics when it arrives 👍

Thanks for posting - I've emailed them to see if they ship internationally!

Thanks for posting - I've emailed them to see if they ship internationally!
    Their comms is good - I had entered a wrong address and they sorted it immediately. Hope it works out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, it was the one on SC 😎

Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing View Post
    Yep, it was the one on SC 😎
    And you don’t fancy moving it on at all? 😉

Bump, bump, bump!

Thanks for the link - ordered, paid for, and now just waiting a week for their next delivery. Will post pictures when it arrives out in the desert.

Thanks for the link - ordered, paid for, and now just waiting a week for their next delivery. Will post pictures when it arrives out in the desert.
    Great to hear! Mine is due in later today and hopefully someone is home to accept. If all is well, some pics tonight!

Great - looking forward to seeing your pictures. I might even do a little YouTube video when mine arrives!

I'm pleased that folk are able to buy these. The hype did suggest that they were unobtainium and that it was another profiteers pay day.

It’s here and I have to say it’s absolutely magnificent . The titanium weight is perfect (a third lighter than the steel version), love the finishing and the DLC looks pretty decent. Interestingly I haven’t felt any regret in not getting the camo, this just feels right!

Oh I forgot how much I hate pin and collar - always takes me a while to figure it all out. I’ll probably still faff with the bracelet over the coming days!

But for now this really makes me evaluate some watches in my collection that likely need to be sold. It also makes the Frogman an inelegant buffoon but that will of course be staying!

A few rough and dirty pics

And a pic of the clasp and bracelet

Very nice.
    Looks wise pretty much the same as SS version, it appears except for the display

Master
    It’s here and I have to say it’s absolutely magnificent . The titanium weight is perfect (a third lighter than the steel version), love the finishing and the DLC looks pretty decent. Interestingly I haven’t felt any regret in not getting the camo, this just feels right!

Oh I forgot how much I hate pin and collar - always takes me a while to figure it all out. I’ll probably still faff with the bracelet over the coming days!

But for now this really makes me evaluate some watches in my collection that likely need to be sold. It also makes the Frogman an inelegant buffoon but that will of course be staying!

A few rough and dirty pics

And a pic of the clasp and bracelet

Looks badass, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Very nice.
    Looks wise pretty much the same as SS version, it appears except for the display

Close, except gold buttons and lettering on the bezel. I would buy this watch but I dislike gold so much even that detail puts me off.

Excellent, that looks great and personally I do prefer the positive display.

Enjoy 👍

Nice to see some wild pics, thank you! Pin and collar, you say? :( Not even the little 14mm-ish springbars between each ling that the resin bracelets have? No matter. Thanks for posting!

Thanks all. Really enjoying it so far! I’ve always preferred the feel on skin of titanium versus steel and of course the weight difference is great! I’ll try answer a few of the comments -

The finishing is more matt on this. There is also a nice contrast in slightly more shiny parts in between the links.

On the gold - I sympathise and have the same aversion. I have made an exception for this bad boy and it works. The lettering is more yellow than gold and the shine of the buttons gives a nice contrast.

The bracelet - I’ve seen the use of pin/collar on titanium watches in the past. Must be an issue with using spring with the metal?

A few more pics as well!

Looks great. As for the bracelet, whilst the springbar version used on the steel models is very easy to adjust, having taken apart and cleaned my sons recently it also allows a huge build up of crud between the links (yuk!) - the more traditional version on the Ti version will be a lot better in that regard!

This really looks the mutts. Kikuo Ibe ranks pretty high in the annals of watch design imo. A working man’s Genta. And this is the superlative modern execution of his vision.

I’m seriously tempted, but just can’t get over the fact I could get a titanium Garmin Marq or similar for the same money that will do so so much more in terms of functionality. But which, admittedly, won’t be quite as timeless.

Whoop-whoop-whoop.

Whoop-whoop-whoop.

Are we going to have to wait for you to ponce around with making a YouTube video before we see the watch?

I have genuinely got 30 more minutes where I am meant to be teaching a class right now!

But it's the last one before the weekend. Get to on the hour, and I'll get my camera out, and post a couple of pics before I collapse into the (Arabic) weekend.

Props to LaGuarda Joiers in Barcelona and to UPS for getting the watch to me so quickly!

Excellent stuff, look forward to seeing some pics 👍

OK, here we go - quick and dirty, and I need to get home to resize the bracelet!

Outer card box. This was wrapped in black plastic for delivery.

Inner bubblewrap.

Hard to tell but the wrapping paper (wrapping paper!) is golden.

Starting to feel like a GS. rather than a Casio!

So far it's a box in a box in bubblewrap in a box. Documents on the right.

Hello, sailor.

First thoughts are that it's light. That the titanium is (of course) harder, and sounds different to, the resin bracelets used on the cheaper G-Shocks.

No apparent alignment issues. I should bloody coco.

Two chunky PVD boys.

My stupidest watch purchase in a long line of stupid purchases. I'm happy with it, I'll wear it over the weekend and report back!

Looks good next to the PAM! Most of my daily wearers are now titanium, the feel on the skin is much nicer than stainless steel.

The Casio is growing on me all the time, it is so comfortable and the weight more balanced compared to the steel ones which were a tad too heavy for my liking.

Master
    It really is, isn’t it? Never seems to stick in the way steel does. And the lightness – I have a Shogun that, size-wise, is at the limit of what my wrist can take but, it’s so light, I never notice it when wearing.

Looks good next to the PAM! Most of my daily wearers are now titanium, the feel on the skin is much nicer than stainless steel.

The Casio is growing on me all the time, it is so comfortable and the weight more balanced compared to the steel ones which were a tad too heavy for my liking.

It might be your lighting, but the bezel lettering and buttons don't look as golden as the first image on this thread. Is the gold gold or is the gold not gold?

It's the lighting and my lazy processing of the picture - the gold is gold!

I’d love the canon version but at £1400 plus it’s ridiculous

It's the lighting and my lazy processing of the picture - the gold is gold!
    A little part of me was hoping that wasn't the case.

Master
    15% code BOX15 works on these at Jura. Works out at £1,190

Craftsman
    Not me. Don't like watches I can't see in sunlight.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    Not me. Don't like watches I can't see in sunlight.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    What?

Now discontinued by Casio. Watch the prices go ballistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    Now discontinued by Casio. Watch the prices go ballistic.
    Which one, the £1,400 titanium is still available and there's 10% off

https://g-shock.co.uk/gmw-b5000tb-1er

I think the camouflage version has been removed from the site, but that was always expected to be a more limited model.

Master
    Jura has 15% off either. Code is BOX15 and still looks valid.

Master

Not the titanium but the LE distressed steel.

Craftsman
    Its been a few months since the thread ran out of steam; just curious how people have bonded with these models? I have, unexpectedly, developed the urge to get one!

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Never landed a Ti square but have a distressed steel DLC and a regular shiny black steel DLC one - really like them both for grab and go duties.

Craftsman
    I fancy the Ti version but I am finding the price a bit of a bitter pill.

Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    Its been a few months since the thread ran out of steam; just curious how people have bonded with these models? I have, unexpectedly, developed the urge to get one!

Wearing it today - honestly I am absolutely loving it. The aesthetic works perfectly for me.

The finishing is holding up fantastically (only two inevitable marks where the clasp meets the bracelet). And it’s so comfortable. One of the best ever G shocks for me. I’m half tempted to look for the camo - a very different look. Maybe worth doing that as a mod job to keep costs down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
    Never landed a Ti square but have a distressed steel DLC and a regular shiny black steel DLC one - really like them both for grab and go duties.
    Are they DLC or IP plated? I thought only the Porter was DLC in steel.

Correct. But it is possible to buy the Porter bezel and bracelet and assemble your own dlc version using your base time module. Ken - wallaseyrunner did. that on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wearing it today - honestly I am absolutely loving it. The aesthetic works perfectly for me.

The finishing is holding up fantastically (only two inevitable marks where the clasp meets the bracelet). And it’s so comfortable. One of the best ever G shocks for me. I’m half tempted to look for the camo - a very different look. Maybe worth doing that as a mod job to keep costs down.

I’d love the cameo one but a ridiculous price
    I have the full square £399 metal one

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    I’d love the cameo one but a ridiculous price
    I have the full square £399 metal one
    This was slightly less ridiculously priced versus the camo. Still over a grand with an almost 30% discount! Negative displays are definitely less legible and I do like the stealthy black. I prefer titanium to steel - the weight difference is notable and I do prefer the metal on skin over steel. However the full square is one of the few genuine iconic watches to emerge over the last few years. I'll probably get one myself at some point for a different look!