closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 73 of 73

Thread: Titanium Square G Shock - Anyone buying?

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Yikes.

    Well, they're showing in stock at https://g-shock.co.uk/new and I got as far as putting one of each in my basket. I then noticed the running total of £2880 and had to have a quick sit down. I'm hoping there's a less painful way of doing this!
    I doubt it personally, it might be a year or two before used examples hit the market, but when the Porter was released it sold out instantly and people were asking three times list within days. £2.8k for both watches brand new might be an absolute steal that you later regret if you don't jump in.

    Just saying...

  2. #52
    Master tiny73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Back in Blighty
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing View Post
    Personally, I donít see the point of a titanium watch thatís coated black, for me the beauty of titanium is the grey colour. Iíd rather see it bead blasted with a brushed bezel. Of the two, the camo one works best. Iím happy with my aged version from SC!
    Did you get that one fairly recently? Iím trying to find the Sales thread and canít see it. I missed out on that through thinking too long and it looked (as I recall) exactly what Iím looking for. Let me know if you fancy moving it on?

  3. #53
    Master Man of Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Garden of England
    Posts
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I doubt it personally, it might be a year or two before used examples hit the market, but when the Porter was released it sold out instantly and people were asking three times list within days. £2.8k for both watches brand new might be an absolute steal that you later regret if you don't jump in.

    Just saying...
    Apparently, the titanium models are not limited editions. How fast they can keep up with demand is an entirely different matter.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    Apparently, the titanium models are not limited editions. How fast they can keep up with demand is an entirely different matter.
    They may not be limited editions, but could conceivably be limited, timed production - i,e, a run for a year. Demand seems ok, the high price is a bit off putting I guess. It could be one of those which get more sought after if production stops and then people panic around wanting one!

  5. #55
    Bump, bump, bump!

    I commented on the G thread, but thought I'd put it here. I've ordered one! Now I wasn't going to pay full price, just insane. I was 50-50 on either, leaning a bit for the camo, but alas no real deal on the camo. I picked up one of the normal ones for Ä1272. That equates to £1085 - over £300 saving on the ripoff Britain price. I picked up via https://www.laguardajoiers.com/en/watches/g-shock.html if anyone also fancies one...

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Bump, bump, bump!

    I commented on the G thread, but thought I'd put it here. I've ordered one! Now I wasn't going to pay full price, just insane. I was 50-50 on either, leaning a bit for the camo, but alas no real deal on the camo. I picked up one of the normal ones for Ä1272. That equates to £1085 - over £300 saving on the ripoff Britain price. I picked up via https://www.laguardajoiers.com/en/watches/g-shock.html if anyone also fancies one...
    Well done. Look forward to seeing some proper pics when it arrives 👍

  7. #57
    Master Qatar-wol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Doha, Qatar and Warwick, England
    Posts
    7,083
    Thanks for posting - I've emailed them to see if they ship internationally!

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Thanks for posting - I've emailed them to see if they ship internationally!
    Their comms is good - I had entered a wrong address and they sorted it immediately. Hope it works out for you!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #59
    Yep, it was the one on SC 😎

  10. #60
    Master tiny73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Back in Blighty
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing View Post
    Yep, it was the one on SC 😎
    And you donít fancy moving it on at all? 😉

  11. #61
    Master Qatar-wol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Doha, Qatar and Warwick, England
    Posts
    7,083
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Bump, bump, bump!

    I commented on the G thread, but thought I'd put it here. I've ordered one! Now I wasn't going to pay full price, just insane. I was 50-50 on either, leaning a bit for the camo, but alas no real deal on the camo. I picked up one of the normal ones for Ä1272. That equates to £1085 - over £300 saving on the ripoff Britain price. I picked up via https://www.laguardajoiers.com/en/watches/g-shock.html if anyone also fancies one...
    Thanks for the link - ordered, paid for, and now just waiting a week for their next delivery. Will post pictures when it arrives out in the desert.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Thanks for the link - ordered, paid for, and now just waiting a week for their next delivery. Will post pictures when it arrives out in the desert.
    Great to hear! Mine is due in later today and hopefully someone is home to accept. If all is well, some pics tonight!

  13. #63
    Master Qatar-wol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Doha, Qatar and Warwick, England
    Posts
    7,083
    Great - looking forward to seeing your pictures. I might even do a little YouTube video when mine arrives!

  14. #64
    I'm pleased that folk are able to buy these. The hype did suggest that they were unobtainium and that it was another profiteers pay day.

  15. #65
    Itís here and I have to say itís absolutely magnificent . The titanium weight is perfect (a third lighter than the steel version), love the finishing and the DLC looks pretty decent. Interestingly I havenít felt any regret in not getting the camo, this just feels right!

    Oh I forgot how much I hate pin and collar - always takes me a while to figure it all out. Iíll probably still faff with the bracelet over the coming days!

    But for now this really makes me evaluate some watches in my collection that likely need to be sold. It also makes the Frogman an inelegant buffoon but that will of course be staying!

    A few rough and dirty pics





    And a pic of the clasp and bracelet




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #66
    Very nice.
    Looks wise pretty much the same as SS version, it appears except for the display


  17. #67
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Itís here and I have to say itís absolutely magnificent . The titanium weight is perfect (a third lighter than the steel version), love the finishing and the DLC looks pretty decent. Interestingly I havenít felt any regret in not getting the camo, this just feels right!

    Oh I forgot how much I hate pin and collar - always takes me a while to figure it all out. Iíll probably still faff with the bracelet over the coming days!

    But for now this really makes me evaluate some watches in my collection that likely need to be sold. It also makes the Frogman an inelegant buffoon but that will of course be staying!

    A few rough and dirty pics





    And a pic of the clasp and bracelet




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks badass, congrats


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #68
    Master Man of Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Garden of England
    Posts
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Very nice.
    Looks wise pretty much the same as SS version, it appears except for the display

    Close, except gold buttons and lettering on the bezel. I would buy this watch but I dislike gold so much even that detail puts me off.

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Itís here and I have to say itís absolutely magnificent . The titanium weight is perfect (a third lighter than the steel version), love the finishing and the DLC looks pretty decent. Interestingly I havenít felt any regret in not getting the camo, this just feels right!

    Oh I forgot how much I hate pin and collar - always takes me a while to figure it all out. Iíll probably still faff with the bracelet over the coming days!

    But for now this really makes me evaluate some watches in my collection that likely need to be sold. It also makes the Frogman an inelegant buffoon but that will of course be staying!
    Excellent, that looks great and personally I do prefer the positive display.

    Enjoy 👍

  20. #70
    Master Qatar-wol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Doha, Qatar and Warwick, England
    Posts
    7,083
    Nice to see some wild pics, thank you! Pin and collar, you say? :( Not even the little 14mm-ish springbars between each ling that the resin bracelets have? No matter. Thanks for posting!

  21. #71
    Thanks all. Really enjoying it so far! Iíve always preferred the feel on skin of titanium versus steel and of course the weight difference is great! Iíll try answer a few of the comments -

    The finishing is more matt on this. There is also a nice contrast in slightly more shiny parts in between the links.

    On the gold - I sympathise and have the same aversion. I have made an exception for this bad boy and it works. The lettering is more yellow than gold and the shine of the buttons gives a nice contrast.

    The bracelet - Iíve seen the use of pin/collar on titanium watches in the past. Must be an issue with using spring with the metal?

    A few more pics as well!








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #72
    Looks great. As for the bracelet, whilst the springbar version used on the steel models is very easy to adjust, having taken apart and cleaned my sons recently it also allows a huge build up of crud between the links (yuk!) - the more traditional version on the Ti version will be a lot better in that regard!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #73
    This really looks the mutts. Kikuo Ibe ranks pretty high in the annals of watch design imo. A working manís Genta. And this is the superlative modern execution of his vision.

    Iím seriously tempted, but just canít get over the fact I could get a titanium Garmin Marq or similar for the same money that will do so so much more in terms of functionality. But which, admittedly, wonít be quite as timeless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •