closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn 206 Arktis?

Master

Sinn 206 Arktis?

I had bought the very last 203 from Sinn Factory Frankfurt when I was there a number of years ago. It had German date wheel and solid caseback and was what I consider a fabulous tool watch.

I ended up selling it, as I did not find the pushers, with their small amount of side to side wiggle (unscrewed) to be on par with the rest of the watch.

I certainly miss having a dive chrono in my small collection.

What's your take on the new 206 Arktis? Any one have experience with the D3 pushers system if these are any better than the old system?

The price is getting quite up there now too...this is slightly used SMP-C Chrono territory to be honest. One of my favourites Chronos, which sadly I never got the chance to own.

I really love the no nonsense tool watch design and its useful features, to be honest, this is the first time I'm even considering a dive watch with a display back (sorry I can't stand them). A solid case back with a soft iron cover is what I like.

What other Diver Chronos do you have/love? Which pushers can be used underwater.
    Last edited by buddy13; 20th November 2019 at 16:35.

Sinn make nice watches but for the money Damasko are better if you go for their higher end chronos

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    In a totally different price segment, but I've always loved the Bathyscaphe chronograph.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/in...ograph-flyback

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Sinn make nice watches but for the money Damasko are better if you go for their higher end chronos

Have always kept a close eye on Damasko. Problem is they don't offer dive chronos.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    In a totally different price segment, but I've always loved the Bathyscaphe chronograph.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/in...ograph-flyback
    Of course, however a Flyback Blancpain is not what I consider to be a watch I could afford.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    Of course, however a Flyback Blancpain is not what I consider to be a watch I could afford.
    Maybe not, but I answered your question:

What other Diver Chronos do you have/love? Which pushers can be used underwater.

Have always kept a close eye on Damasko. Problem is they don't offer dive chronos.
    Yes very true. I love the DC80 but 100m water resistance isn't diver territory for sure.

Master
    JLC deep-sea chrono but price wise a bit more.

Blog Entries
    https://www.limes-watches.com/endura...onograph.-sw.s

Take look at this, in-house case sensible price and a real tool. No nonsense German quality.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post

Take look at this, in-house case sensible price and a real tool. No nonsense German quality.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say but for me that’s not a ‘looker’...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say but for me that’s not a ‘looker’...

It’s not an Arktis, I’ll give you that ;)
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Limes?

What a terrible name for a watch!

M

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Ryan, this can be debatable...
    Both have steel hardened technologies and use either standard or modified valjoux 7750s. Some people even seem to think that sinn and damasko collaborated in the development of the central minute counting valjoux 7750.
    The arktis has the AR technology which damasko doesn’t offer.
    It also offers the opportunity to use the chronograph underwater. I don’t know if damasko chrono s can be used when submerged.
    So for me the clear differentiator is indeed price point and how much the extra technology offered by the sinn is worth to the buyer

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post

Am sure it very well designed and built, don't know about the looks though!

Journeyman
    A Blancpain Leman is possibly not too far in price from the Sinn.

Good looking watch too!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Ryan, this can be debatable...
    Both have steel hardened technologies and use either standard or modified valjoux 7750s. Some people even seem to think that sinn and damasko collaborated in the development of the central minute counting valjoux 7750.
    The arktis has the AR technology which damasko doesn’t offer.
    It also offers the opportunity to use the chronograph underwater. I don’t know if damasko chrono s can be used when submerged.
    So for me the clear differentiator is indeed price point and how much the extra technology offered by the sinn is worth to the buyer

I believe you can use the Damasko pushers under water.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    I believe you can use the Damasko pushers under water.

It’s a pilots watch with 100m water resistance, I would be amazed if you could use the chrono underwater.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    It’s a pilots watch with 100m water resistance, I would be amazed if you could use the chrono underwater.
    Agreed re pilots watch. Re chronograph function, and taken from the Damasko website:-

Every DAMASKO chronograph is fitted with our patented push-button system. The DAMASKO pushers are installed securely, permanently lubricated, and repeatedly sealed. They are made from the same ice-hardened stainless steel as all of our other casing components. The use of Titan Grade 5 screw tubes makes the system completely tear-resistant and prevent breakages. This technology makes DAMASKO pushers not only robust and waterproof, but also wear-free. The crown as well as the pushers can be used underwater without any issues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Agreed re pilots watch. Re chronograph function, and taken from the Damasko website:-

Every DAMASKO chronograph is fitted with our patented push-button system. The DAMASKO pushers are installed securely, permanently lubricated, and repeatedly sealed. They are made from the same ice-hardened stainless steel as all of our other casing components. The use of Titan Grade 5 screw tubes makes the system completely tear-resistant and prevent breakages. This technology makes DAMASKO pushers not only robust and waterproof, but also wear-free. The crown as well as the pushers can be used underwater without any issues.

Correct. I have inquired directly with Damasko na dthey have been very swift and straightforward with their reply.

The pushers on the Damasko DC-80 are operatable at any depth up to 100m.

So while a pilot's watch, it can very well double as a very useful dive watch (for me). I use my EZM 3F diving all the time. It's a great diving watch too, which I prefer over the EZM3, with the busy dial.

While at it, I asked them about the possibility of a 'diving' DC-80 coming from them in the near future (200/300m WR rating and unidirectional bezel). Unfortunately they have no plans for that for now, or so they told me.