closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Casio GA2100 all black - any owners yet?

Craftsman

Casio GA2100 all black - any owners yet?

Trying to pick one of these up in all black is next to impossible! Anybody own one yet? Web photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Yes looks great , wouldn't mind one myself. It seems Casio UK don't have them back in stock yet even only the red. H Samuel have the black with white indices , but the stealth version looks cooler
    Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Master
    I have the one with white indices and hands. The all-black is very cool, but I wanted a practical beater on which I could read the time easily.

It wears very nicely and I like the Casi-Oak design.

If they add solar and atomic synchronisation, i'll buy one.

Blog Entries
    This place has them -

https://www.watchnation.com/product/...kaAu9mEALw_wcB

£199 , no thanks not when Casio UK say they are £99

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    This place has them -

https://www.watchnation.com/product/...kaAu9mEALw_wcB

£199 , no thanks not when Casio UK say they are £99

£100 mark up on the RRP. Who do they think they are...... Watchfinder?

Why do Casio insist on stupid reversed lcd displays? I see they’re now making the hands impossible to read too, very stealth! - on the plus side I like the look of them, but if I can’t tell the time it’ll just sit in the box!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    Trying to pick one of these up in all black is next to impossible! Anybody own one yet? Web photo.

Had mine for around a month, gets a lot of wear on the weekends while out and about doing bits with the family.

Wears really well and the shallow height helps it slip under jumpers etc with ease.

Legibility isn't the best, I find the mineral glass picks up a lot of reflection so can need a slight adjustment of the wrist to clearly see the dial.

Craftsman
    Yes it seems like the perfect beater watch, gym, and pool etc

Looks great on your wrist

Craftsman
    Yes it seems like the perfect beater watch, gym, and pool etc

Looks great on your wrist

Hadn't worn anything quartz in years, love that I can grab this on Saturday morning during the mad rush to get to kids swimming classes and not worry about setting the time. Being a two hander disguises it's quartz as there's no visual 'tick'

You should be able to sign up for stock alert emails on the UK GSHOCK site when it comes back into stock.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Why do Casio insist on stupid reversed lcd displays? I see they’re now making the hands impossible to read too, very stealth! - on the plus side I like the look of them, but if I can’t tell the time it’ll just sit in the box!

There’s a variant with white indices too

Craftsman
    The black/white one is a nice watch ... here's mine, with size comparison to the GW-M5610BC-1ER ... on a 6.5" wrist ...

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    The black/white one is a nice watch ... here's mine, with size comparison to the GW-M5610BC-1ER ... on a 6.5" wrist ...

Wouldnt' mind seeing some more comparison shots with the 5610

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    Wouldnt' mind seeing some more comparison shots with the 5610
    These look great on your wrist

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    Thank you.

Now to navigate around the website not in my native language

Thank you.

Now to navigate around the website not in my native language

Use google chrome and the translate web page tool

Craftsman
    Ah now lads, I can barely work my around google.

This local Czech shop has them too, 2 in stock. Translates to about £94 And another shop has it for equiv. of £82 but says delivered 18.12

https://www.helveti.cz/casio-g-shock-ga-2100-1a1er
    https://www.timestore.cz/Znacka/Casi...k-Carbon-82402

Not sure if they would post direct to UK but if desperate to get one I can arrange to send, PM me if need be

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post

Thanks for the comparison, super useful. It isn’t a small watch, is it?!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I have all all black version. Picked it up in Bangkok. It was their ex display model and the last one in store so thought I'd give it a go. For £100 I'm very happy. It's much more wearable everyday than most other G Shocks and I've had a few people at work as me what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Capcarrot View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Bearing in mind the 5600 is a small watch by most standards, it looks pretty small to me. Admittedly not in that shot, but on an average to large watch - they wear small

Master
    Shame if there isn't a solar version, I'd probably have one. Like that a lot. Some of the cheaper Casios are solar so I don't see why not, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Capcarrot View Post
    It's quite wide. I was surprised by that when I got mine as it somehow looks smaller in photos. It's quite thin for a G-Shock though, so it wears quite well and doesn't look massive. I've also got the white markers version and it's very readable, as you might expect. The digital LCD is almost impossible to see though, sadly. I'm hoping they produce more colour variants in the future with a better contrasting display. The unusual shape of that display is actually the main reason I bought mine, so I want to be able to see it, rather than have it blend in all stealthy like.

As an aside, I'm not sure exactly which different compounds of plastic Casio use for their straps but I find this one to be the least comfortable and most sweat-inducing, but that just might be because it wears a bit more snugly than my others.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Shame if there isn't a solar version, I'd probably have one. Like that a lot. Some of the cheaper Casios are solar so I don't see why not, really.
    AFAIK the only cheaper solar G-Shock is the GW-M5610, which has a slightly lower street price but a higher RRP. They do cheaper solar watches that look like G-Shocks, but they aren't G-Shocks.

I fully expect that given how successful this model appears to have been, they will be releasing some higher-end versions later. I'm hoping for one with generally upgraded case and strap/bracelet with solar & atomic, although I fully expect that to be priced somewhere between £200-400. Possibly even more if it's made of metal or something exotic like carbon fibre.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    AFAIK the only cheaper solar G-Shock is the GW-M5610, which has a slightly lower street price but a higher RRP. They do cheaper solar watches that look like G-Shocks, but they aren't G-Shocks.

I fully expect that given how successful this model appears to have been, they will be releasing some higher-end versions later. I'm hoping for one with generally upgraded case and strap/bracelet with solar & atomic, although I fully expect that to be priced somewhere between £200-400. Possibly even more if it's made of metal or something exotic like carbon fibre.
    This rarely seems to happen tbh - in fact it’s only really the squares that keep the same form factor with different case materials and modules etc, and that has taken years to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    This rarely seems to happen tbh - in fact it’s only really the squares that keep the same form factor with different case materials and modules etc, and that has taken years to happen!
    I've not been following them for that long, but they've certainly brought out a few special editions recently and have issued a few different models in the same set. I've got one of the "90s throwback" squares from this series:

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-90...accent-series/

And there's another new "90s" series that's just come out (I haven't seen them for sale anywhere yet):

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-ba...-1990s-series/

That set does include a new GA-2100 model. It's not really my style, but it does show they are willing to do this. In general there seems to be a trend across the watch industry nowadays to release lots of limited editions, so it certainly makes sense that Casio would jump on that bandwagon with G-Shocks.

Whether we'll get an upgraded version remains to be seen, but I think it would be a natural thing for them to do. I'd still be interested in a more distinctive (but not totally out there) colourway, but I'd much rather it was also higher spec.

Thanks Rob - just picked one up from there!

Looks nice

Master
    g-shock.co.uk have the black and white one back in stock. With 15% off code, comes in at £84 ish

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    g-shock.co.uk have the black and white one back in stock. With 15% off code, comes in at £84 ish
    That's not bad, but I paid £77.50 for mine from an Amazon marketplace seller a few weeks ago. For anyone looking for the absolute best price and not just in a rush to find one in stock, setting up an alert on camelcamelcamel is probably a good idea. I expect by this time next year it won't be uncommon for these to be going on sale for around £50, after the hype dies down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thanks Rob - just picked one up from there!
    By way of an update, it was never in stock over there, but that didn't stop them taking my money - I only found out what had happened when i queried why I'd not received tracking details. I'm now trying to get a refund, which they seem steadfastly unwilling to process.

By way of an update, it was never in stock over there, but that didn't stop them taking my money - I only found out what had happened when i queried why I'd not received tracking details. I'm now trying to get a refund, which they seem steadfastly unwilling to process.
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    Same here

Looks like PayPal might be the best route, if you paid that way.

Looks like PayPal might be the best route, if you paid that way.
    Yeah, thanks. I did use PayPal. I’ll be claiming funds back today.

Tony, I’m making my first post in a long time to say that I don’t think you’d like this watch in practice. Legibility is far poorer than in most photos. The black borders of the hands effectively reduce their size, making them look too small. The black tails of the hands spend a fair part of the day covering the lumed portion of their opposite number. The hour hand is reduced to a stub when this happens.

I bought one, wore it for a week, and then gave it away in a competition.

All the best!

Hey - long time no speak - how are you?

Thank you for taking the trouble to post about this, Alan. I’ll take your advice and look no more. Now I just need my refund!

Hey - long time no speak - how are you?

Quietly pottering about in the country and not contributing to too many forums. 🙂

Had to chip in here though, to mollify your disappointment. You wouldn’t have kept the watch for long.

Master
    H Samuels have the black with white indices in stock and currently have 15% off.