closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cincinnati Watches

Cincinnati Watches

These look like great quality and fantastic design. Seems like a bargain!
    I’ll be placing my order soon.

https://www.cincinnatiwatch.com/watc...us-field-watch

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    These look like great quality and fantastic design. Seems like a bargain!
    I’ll be placing my order soon.

https://www.cincinnatiwatch.com/watc...us-field-watch
    Did you place your order, and how do you like it... I just stumbled across them and they've sold out for the time being, seems a great price for a surprisingly attractive watch..

Master
    Very nice looking watch and good price. I'm also be interested to hear if PawG likes it.

Unfortunately, I didn't. Every time I go on the website, it's out of stock. Next batch is coming in April apparently, maybe then.

Ah that's a pity, I reckon I'll be following their website/updates on these as April approaches as well.

Craftsman
    I think I would save up for Eddies PRS25 Everest. Yes it is more but I just think it is more watch. I am talking as I would order one when in fact I have had the Everest now for several months when the new issue with rivet bracelet and Miyota 9039 movement. I love this watch. I did buy one of the Cincinnati P-40M and was not impressed by the watch or the quality of it so I just returned it and used those funds for another watch purchase. That is just my opinion, but it doesn't matter as long as you like it and will wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I think I would save up for Eddies PRS25 Everest. Yes it is more but I just think it is more watch. I am talking as I would order one when in fact I have had the Everest now for several months when the new issue with rivet bracelet and Miyota 9039 movement. I love this watch. I did buy one of the Cincinnati P-40M and was not impressed by the watch or the quality of it so I just returned it and used those funds for another watch purchase. That is just my opinion, but it doesn't matter as long as you like it and will wear it.
    Interesting to hear your view of the P 40, could you elaborate on what didn't impress, where the quality you felt let it down...I've owned an Everest and one of the new Expeditions, now both sold...it was an early edition of the Everest and while it looked good the rotor was noisy and the crystal popped out on two occasions. The Expedition is a well made watch and the mechanism couldn't be heard, bonus, but I found the dial printing just seemed a little bit light, slightly washed out looking in person but that's just personal taste, the real deal breaker for me was simply the size, it felt and looked a little too small on an 8 inch wrist, obviously that can't be held against the product.

Now I've only seen the pictures of the Field watch, and whilst it could be improved, notably by drilling the lugs, I'm quite drawn to it's features and then there's it's price, even allowing for the inevitable increase post early bird special it will probably be about 30 per cent cheaper than an Everest...If I do order one I'll likely have it delivered in the CONUS, so no extra postage or fees. I reckon I'd be happy to wear it, willing to give it a try all things considered.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Interesting to hear your view of the P 40, could you elaborate on what didn't impress, where the quality you felt let it down...I've owned an Everest and one of the new Expeditions, now both sold...it was an early edition of the Everest and while it looked good the rotor was noisy and the crystal popped out on two occasions. The Expedition is a well made watch and the mechanism couldn't be heard, bonus, but I found the dial printing just seemed a little bit light, slightly washed out looking in person but that's just personal taste, the real deal breaker for me was simply the size, it felt and looked a little too small on an 8 inch wrist, obviously that can't be held against the product.

Now I've only seen the pictures of the Field watch, and whilst it could be improved, notably by drilling the lugs, I'm quite drawn to it's features and then there's it's price, even allowing for the inevitable increase post early bird special it will probably be about 30 per cent cheaper than an Everest...If I do order one I'll likely have it delivered in the CONUS, so no extra postage or fees. I reckon I'd be happy to wear it, willing to give it a try all things considered.
    Sorry to hear about your experience with the Everest and Expedition, but I have had no problems with mine whatsoever. As far as the P-40M, I just didn't think much of the case finishing and in the pictures the crown looked much larger and that it was of a good size, besides it was a hand winding only movement and a proper size crown is a must in my opinion. The crown was neither of a good size nor was it easy to wind or pull out to hack. I wound it and it started up right away but after only about 20 winds it felt tight so I stopped winding it as I knew something was not right. I sent Rick Bell an email telling him I was returning it which I did and had no problem with the return or refund. He did email me back upon receipt and said everything looked great, but he did say that it was strange but the movement wasn't working, well I already knew something was wrong with it.

They said that they QA'ed all the watches including regulating the movements. The movement was the Selitta SW-215 which is the date version of the SW-210 which I had in my Christopher Ward and loved that watch and movement. Well long story short is that the watch just didn't work for me which doesn't mean it not for someone else. That is my experience for all its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience with the Everest and Expedition, but I have had no problems with mine whatsoever. As far as the P-40M, I just didn't think much of the case finishing and in the pictures the crown looked much larger and that it was of a good size, besides it was a hand winding only movement and a proper size crown is a must in my opinion. The crown was neither of a good size nor was it easy to wind or pull out to hack. I wound it and it started up right away but after only about 20 winds it felt tight so I stopped winding it as I knew something was not right. I sent Rick Bell an email telling him I was returning it which I did and had no problem with the return or refund. He did email me back upon receipt and said everything looked great, but he did say that it was strange but the movement wasn't working, well I already knew something was wrong with it.

They said that they QA'ed all the watches including regulating the movements. The movement was the Selitta SW-215 which is the date version of the SW-210 which I had in my Christopher Ward and loved that watch and movement. Well long story short is that the watch just didn't work for me which doesn't mean it not for someone else. That is my experience for all its worth.
    Thanks for taking the time to write this. Sounds like at least you had absolutely no 'challenges' with returning the watch and customer comms were straightforward, I assume they would've fixed the movement under guarantee if that was your preferred course of action, though as you note the crown size would always remain a problem/niggle.
    Appreciate your view.

IF anyone is interested they have a new dive watch and V.2 of the Field Watch on the cards. I´ve no association with the co.
    I´ll probably have a crack at the Field Watch, pre-order price is predicted to be just 249 dollar. More details and pre orders, I think are expected the next couple of weeks, it seems there is to be blue dialled version of the Field watch

Well fwiw just made my pre order of the Field Watch V.2, now the wait begins, delivery expected early next year. 249 dollars so about 190 quids, seems a decent price, more or less same spec as V1 but now with a metal bracelet and larger crown. And their watches will now be assembled in the US.

For anyone interested,
    https://www.cincinnatiwatch.com/watc...c4ef-157731259
    Last edited by Passenger; 5th September 2020 at 15:56.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Well fwiw just made my pre order of the Field Watch V.2, now the wait begins, delivery expected early next year. 249 dollars so about 190 quids, seems a decent price, more or less same spec as V1 but now with a metal bracelet and larger crown. And their watches will now be assembled in the US.

For anyone interested,
    https://www.cincinnatiwatch.com/watc...c4ef-157731259
    And $40 for shipping. I'm very tempted by one, as I've been keen to try a 39mm field watch for a while.

I didn’t end up getting one. I’m very curious of the reviews, so please do tell when it arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk