closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Timex reissue falcon

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

New Timex reissue falcon

Look like they released a new one! Very tempted on this!

https://www.timex.co.uk/browse/colle...h4vcozghxr39nh

Probably should of pulled the trigger already!

New Timex reissue falcon

Adding a picture. Nice vintage vibe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I quite like it .. maybe the blue dial is a little too bright? Or it could just be the photography.

Master
    As expected Timex are milking the Q reissue. I'm more interested in the bracelet - is there a proper clasp on this one? Cant quite tell from the pics.

Master
    It’s quite hard to find pictures of the original version of this ‘reissue’, however I did find the one below. The marketing blurb leaves it a little unclear if it’s intended as a faithful recreation, or something inspired by 70s watches in general. A mixture of the two I think. Arguably, it owes as much to certain Grand Seiko and King Seiko hi-beats.

I like what Timex are doing with their brand, there’s something nostalgic and charmingly unpretentious about the Timex logo on a watch - I still remember wearing one to school. As a result their retro homages come across as kind of cool. That especially works with their GMT. However in this case I’d be looking for a nice original vintage King Seiko, a less ironic and more genuinely cool piece, which sidesteps luxury branding but is dripping with distinctive vintage Seiko style - surely a more subtle choice.

Seiko pictures borrowed from here and here, and in turn from somewhere else.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 20th November 2019 at 11:35.

Craftsman
    Really like the look of these. Anyone know what movement will be in them? Couldn't see it on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Really like the look of these. Anyone know what movement will be in them? Couldn't see it on the website.
    I'd assume it's the same Seiko unit as in the 1979 q reissue.

Very cool, reminds me of the watches my dad and uncles would wear in the 80’s.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    As expected Timex are milking the Q reissue. I'm more interested in the bracelet - is there a proper clasp on this one? Cant quite tell from the pics.
    I don’t think so, judging by the pics on the website.

Craftsman
    The blue and gold is a bit much, but otherwise it marries rugged simplicity with funky 70's style quite well. I could have done without the day window though, the date would have been enough.

Craftsman
    A review of a recent 'Q' here. https://youtu.be/dIwblMKBOV0

Master
    What I like most about it is the bold QUARTZ text on the dial. It reminds me of when I was a kid, and ads for quartz watches would appear on TV a few weeks before Christmas. That QUARTZ text stood for sophistication and luxury, and the stepping second hand on the close-ups of the dial that appeared on the screen seemed impossibly modern and elegant to a young lad with an old-fashioned, ordinary hand-winding watch on his wrist.

Craftsman
    While we're on the subject of Timex, I hadn't seen this model before. Looks quite a bit like that limited JDM TicTac model Seiko presented a couple of months ago that people were raving about.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSclavunos View Post
    While we're on the subject of Timex, I hadn't seen this model before. Looks quite a bit like that limited JDM TicTac model Seiko presented a couple of months ago that people were raving about.

What is that Seiko? Love it! A rivet bracelet would suit it even better too.

Edit: now see it's the Tictac ove. Many thanks for alerting me to us existence.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    What is that Seiko? Love it! A rivet bracelet would suit it even better too.

Edit: now see it's the Tictac ove. Many thanks for alerting me to us existence.
    It was a very limited release exclusive to Japan that sold out very quickly, some very overprices copies are currently doing the rounds on Ebay.