closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega question?

Master

Omega question?

Sorry this may be a bit of a vague question but I’m on a cruise around NZ and ships internet isn’t that great. A friend has seen a sea master in the shop for sale - newish model where they have it in blue with blue rubber strap, or black with black rubber strap. Fairly sure it’s 42mm. Don’t know the reference number but a quick look online and if it’s the one I think it is WF have a blue one for sale at 3.4 and it looks like retail is £3,900ish.

Just wondered if on these models you can normally get a discount? It’s tax free so they are saying about £3.3 and they offered 10% off that immediately so £3k. He lives overseas so isn’t bringing it to the UK. Most Caribbean cruises I’ve been on offer 15% off tag or omega.

Sorry for the vagueness, any guideline would help.

Master
    I haven’t tried myself but with Omega pushing up market I don’t reckon you could buy a cheaper one from an AD or even Watchfinder in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one...210.32.42.20.06.001? NB I've no idea if that company is reliable.

20% off these is reasonably achievable in the UK with a bit of shopping around, for example;

https://watts1858.co.uk/watches/omeg...20.03.001.html

3k is a good price for a bnib sticker piece as long as he is getting full AD package with it and no customs fees on his return home.

Master
    Thanks everyone much appreciated.

Master
    Following on from this has anyone had any dealings with Watches World Uk?

Master
    Just bought the same watch six weeks ago and only got 10%off.
    I would buy it on the bracelet for the difference in price and pick up the rubber strap separately.

Master
    Curiously I’m in the Caribbean at the moment and this watch is around £3,250 once you convert from dollars and that includes a 15% standard discount that all the AD’s stick to on all the islands. I went into a one shop independent and he offered me the 15% straight away. He then offered to bring it down to £3,000 and quite openly said they were struggling for sales. Said that visitor numbers had dropped and this virus had hit them already as people weren’t spending. Watch prices, especially grey will have to come down the way things are going.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Curiously I’m in the Caribbean at the moment and this watch is around £3,250 once you convert from dollars and that includes a 15% standard discount that all the AD’s stick to on all the islands. I went into a one shop independent and he offered me the 15% straight away. He then offered to bring it down to £3,000 and quite openly said they were struggling for sales. Said that visitor numbers had dropped and this virus had hit them already as people weren’t spending. Watch prices, especially grey will have to come down the way things are going.
    Great...only bought mine in December and was going to sell but only got 10% off so i will end up taking a big hit on mine.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Great...only bought mine in December and was going to sell but only got 10% off so i will end up taking a big hit on mine.
    Caribbean is always cheaper but you should be declaring on entry to U.K. I was more suggesting this is how all watches may go.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Caribbean is always cheaper but you should be declaring on entry to U.K. I was more suggesting this is how all watches may go.
    I agree...sold a Rolex SD43 at Christmas and everyone said these will never fall below 10k...in last few weeks i have seen a few under this price and the dealer i sold it to has had it in stock for over 9 weeks.