closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prs 20 full lume, no screw down crown?

Prs 20 full lume, no screw down crown?

I've just bought a PRS20 full lume off ebay. I thought all the PRS20 cases were the same, but this doesn't have a screw down crown. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by andyb View Post
    I've just bought a PRS20 full lume off ebay. I thought all the PRS20 cases were the same, but this doesn't have a screw down crown. Is that correct?
    The screw-down crowns were a bad design. On this watch it caused problems.Later watches did away with this feature and some earlier watches modified to suit.I had to send my watch to Germany to be repaired and soon after sold.A great watch unfortunately flawed.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    The screw-down crowns were a bad design. On this watch it caused problems.Later watches did away with this feature and some earlier watches modified to suit.I had to send my watch to Germany to be repaired and soon after sold.A great watch unfortunately flawed.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. There were only 50 of these made, so I assumed they were made at the same time.
    I guess the mod affected the water resistance?

The problem was that the screw threads were made of butter and smoothed very quickly. The push/pull version is much better and still has 100m WR.

Thanks. There were only 50 of these made, so I assumed they were made at the same time.
    I guess the mod affected the water resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The problem was that the screw threads were made of butter and smoothed very quickly. The push/pull version is much better and still has 100m WR.
    Great. I wasn't that interested in the shape at the time, so all the talk around them passed me by.

They’re fantastic watches!

Great. I wasn't that interested in the shape at the time, so all the talk around them passed me by.

The none screw down crown is correct, and makes perfect sense on a hand wind watch.