closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 'Special Watches' from 1934 Catalogue

Journeyman

'Special Watches' from 1934 Catalogue

Hello all,

I know not strictly military but I know some members have an interest in early waterproof and shockproof watches so I thought I would post these pages on ‘Special Watches’ from the 1934 ‘Wilderness Catalogue’ I have just acquired.

This catalogue was produced periodically by Robert Pringle & Sons who were a wholesale supplier of silver, electroplate and other ‘fancy goods’.

There are other pages with more standard watches including Cyma, Tavannes, Waltham, Eterna, Ena and Aster as well as Helvetia of course if anyone is interested.

There are also over 200 pages of things such as propelling pencils, cigarette cases, lighters, dressing sets, candlesticks, tankards, clocks, you name it if anyone has wider interests let me know.

Thanks. Carl.

Journeyman
    For those of you interested this is a picture of the spring mounting for the movement as illustrated at the top of the first page above.

This is the watch section of the index. Ladies are 7 to 16 and men's wrist are 24 to 31 so more or less anything else is pocket watches. If you want to see anything let me know.

Fascinating Carl, as always. I kick myself for missing out on a very similar waterproof one to that one for the sake of haggling over $20.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Fascinating Carl, as always. I kick myself for missing out on a very similar waterproof one to that one for the sake of haggling over $20.
    Thanks Simon. I've been on the lookout for a copy of this catalogue since seeing a page from the 1931 copy that had Helvetias in it.

I've attached a picture of the different types of the waterproof case I've got, a couple I've got two of, earliest to latest 1929 to about 1940. I think there is one more type between the first two similar to the first but with with slightly different lugs. The type in the catalogue above is the 3rd from left though the dial is like the end one.

Yes, it was an Aeroplane just like the second one from the left.

Lovely to see those.