closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: "Flying" a 737...

Craftsman

"Flying" a 737...

I reached my half century over the weekend, and my parents have arranged for me to have a 90 minute session in a 737-800 simulator. Very excited about it, and although the instructor will obviously not expect me to know how to fly a 737 can anyone suggest any resources that would give me a basic introduction? I'm not looking for anything too technical, but want to make the most of the experience and also not look like a complete numpty.

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    I reached my half century over the weekend, and my parents have arranged for me to have a 90 minute session in a 737-800 simulator. Very excited about it, and although the instructor will obviously not expect me to know how to fly a 737 can anyone suggest any resources that would give me a basic introduction? I'm not looking for anything too technical, but want to make the most of the experience and also not look like a complete numpty.
    YouTube is your friend for this.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Happy birthday!

My missus bought me a similar present for mine except i had a 747-400!

Youtube has a whole load of 737 sim videos that will at least give you an idea of what to expect......

Have fun!

Cheers

Paul

Microsoft have produced a very realistic Flight-Sim for over 30 years - I recall spending way too much time on Flight Sim X back in the noughties.

You can pick up a used, licenced copy on eBay for a few quid, and there are add-on 3d maps for pretty much any airport worldwide that you may fancy.
    You will need a basic joystick - everything else is controlled from keyboard shortcuts.

This will give you detail about all of the cockpit controls, dials etc for any plane whcih was available at the time of the package, and I believe you can load schemas for later planes, too.

Have fun !

Master
    i have 16 hours on the 737 800, wife got me the starter gift and i keep going back for more. The instructor will prob get you to take off local, for me that was manchester and then landed Leeds bradford editing 5 mins of boring stuff, i got it on the ground following the Flight director then he asked me where i wanted to go to, Ronaldsway was next, made a hash of that so had to fly round again, 3 goes at Kai Tak and then innsbruk. Finished off with St Marten and a final go around at St Marten.

On later sessions i have redone all these and the instructor just kept adding stuff till my brain overloaded.
    Wiped out the apartment buildings beyond the airport at Innsbruk last time
    Last edited by MCFastybloke; 19th November 2019 at 18:32.