closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 6105 diver hommage dilemma

6105 diver hommage dilemma

Well, I know many of you just hate hommages but also a lot of enthusiasts who just dont care and like to wear iconic design with affordable pricing. Not to get involved in this kind of discussion I would like to hear some thoughts overall because I already had two of them (flipped instantly) and I am thinking of getting a new one. Why? Personally, fantastic designed diver that can easilly be dressed up, the most comfortable one I tried, perfect size with 44mm but wears smaller (bezel is narrower) and I just like it.
    First I ordered from Dagaz, the NH35 one (Typhoon). Price was good (they are more expensive then chinese, especially Typhoon deluxe with 6R15/NII15 going up to 600$). It fits perfectly, but I found the crown action to be poor and bezel was really loose, it just wobbled arround. Second was a fantastic deal from Heimdallr (139$), great watch for this price, crown action was smooth, but then again bezel on this was so stiff I had to use a lot of force to get it going (fingers hurt!). Probably few days/weeks this would be better but I am not that kind of guy...if I dont "feel" it, it has to go…
    So, now I am thinking of going with Heimdallr again, the high-beat 6105 with ETA 2824, sapphire, ceramic bezel insert, signed crown...all that for 309$! For what they told me, this is a step up from earlier piece with nicer bezel action and improvements. Difference is in design for what I notice, its a mixture now with round indices and different hands set...
    Where is the dilemma? There is a lot of other companies that I am seeing (affordables chinese!) like San Martin, Merkur, Sharkey. Didnt try them so I need your oppinion on that...Also, for what I understand, Heimdallr and Sharkey are not the same; some of similar adresses are blacklist-ed on official Heimdallr site (https://www.heimdallr.watch/) and these are not authorised to sell their products...So, a lot of hommages from China and is hard to tell he difference? Same company?Same factory?Or?
    Btw, I have great experience with heimdallrs customer service and my first order.
    (Sorry for my english btw, not my native language)
    Tnx!
    Last edited by martyloveswatches; 19th November 2019 at 11:08.

Hi, I've had three or four Typhoons over the years and have always found the quality to be excellent, I think you may have just been very unlucky with yours. I also like them in particular because although a homage, Jake stamps his own design identity on them, he doesn't try to copy exactly. Also until fairly recently they were the only 6105 homage available apart from the discontinued and hard to find Smith's model.
    I may be wrong, but I get a feeling regarding the seeming multitude of Chinese models available lately that these companies would be happy to make fakes but have found the homage market just as lucrative. There was one on sc the other day I enquired about at a hard to resist price. But it was sold almost instantly, so they must be doing something right.

The last one I got was Heimdallr for 139$! Sapphire crystal, NH35, spot on allignment, fantastic crown action, good quality waffle rubber. They even gave me extra parachute strap... Only the bezel was way too stiff but overall, value for the money is unbeatable.
    Now, going for ETA, ceramic bezel insert and improved bezel action seems even better. (also, 10$ extra for shipping from EU warehouse). Or wait for some crazy discount from Jake/Dagaz but customs/VAT are to be aspected from HK. I ll wait for more comments and then decide...and BF is arround the corner
    Last edited by martyloveswatches; 19th November 2019 at 11:09.

Oceanica's "Reef" has got to be worth a look if you can live with the graphics... (no personal experience)

Were it me, and if saving for a 6105 is out-of-the-question, then why not adjust your sights a little and go for the inaptly-named "Mini" Turtle? All of the pancaked fugliness, and a real Seiko at about 1/5 the cost.

Mini turtle is too small for me, been looking for 6306/9 but difficult to find decent one, either are expensive or just beatened up. I prefer regular turtle, but for 300$ this comes with ETA2824, sapphire, ceramic bezel insert. That is the price of 4R36 regular turtle. So much choice...

Quote Originally Posted by martyloveswatches View Post
    Or wait for some crazy discount from Jake/Dagaz but customs/VAT are to be aspected from HK. I ll wait for more comments and then decide...and BF is arround the corner
    I've had two Typhoons, a Thunderbolt, and a Tsunami, plus various packages of dials and hands etc from Jake and have never paid any vat or charges on them. But yes, you can wait forever for discounted ones and they go very quick.

From Dagaz I got Typhoon with NH35, SKX mod and Aurora...only for one I did not have to pay customs and vat so it is more a matter of luck...I was happy with SKX, Aurora was OK but thats all (bracelet/clasp was mushy and 9015 Miyota was not that accurate in that piece). Typhoon had bezel issues (loose) and crown action wasnt that good...I follow Dagaz on facebook so when goodies arrive I always check it

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

There's the Nethuns Aqua range at serious watches.

No idea if they are any good but people seem to like them, various options too

Quote Originally Posted by martyloveswatches View Post
    From Dagaz I got Typhoon with NH35, SKX mod and Aurora...only for one I did not have to pay customs and vat so it is more a matter of luck...I was happy with SKX, Aurora was OK but thats all (bracelet/clasp was mushy and 9015 Miyota was not that accurate in that piece). Typhoon had bezel issues (loose) and crown action wasnt that good...I follow Dagaz on facebook so when goodies arrive I always check it

Oh yeah, I forgot, I had an Aurora also. I thought the bracelets themselves on both Typhoon and Aurora okay at the price, but I'd have done away with the diving extension and had a nice quality clasp instead if it had been possible, the clasp was pretty awfull. The Typhoon is much better on the waffle strap anyway. I must have been lucky with the vat then!

I have 2 tweaked sharky's,cannot fault them for the money,understand the crown issue but for me its not a deal breaker.I think the case on these are the nearest to the original but might be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    There's the Nethuns Aqua range at serious watches.

No idea if they are any good but people seem to like them, various options too
    Tnx
    Aqua steel model looks interesting in black-gold combo

Isn't Eddie re-doing his 6105 homage? That'd be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Isn't Eddie re-doing his 6105 homage? That'd be my choice.
    Any info on that?

Update on Nethuns Aqua, seems like the black pvd model AS311 is the most popular, reminds me on ninja turtle with black/color combo. On seriouswatches, goes for 300€ (top hat sapphire, ceramic bezel insert, NH35), but its sold out. IMO looks great with this color combo and sword hands...