closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Android Phones... Again, I'm afraid

Master

Android Phones... Again, I'm afraid

Mrs Barryboy wants to get me a new phone for Xmas. Budget will be £200 to 250. Now I don't need state of the art tech but a good camera is quite important and it must be unlocked as I am with Virgin media. I am told that tech-wise pretty much any new phone in this price range will do me but some cameras are better than others. I have been recommended to look at Huawei phones for camera quality and I can see Currys are doing the Huawei P30 Lite 128Gb for £229

Any thoughts, please? Any recommendations as to phones I should consider? Pleased to hear.

Rob

Master
    Was there not an issue with Google/Android withdrawing support from future Huawei phones?
    When I've researched phones previously Sony have had a good reputation for above average cameras whereas Samsung use the excellent OLED screens.

Master
    Was going to suggest the P30 lite when I saw the budget.
    My daughter has one and loves it, my son has the P30 and me the Pro.
    Excellent phones great battery.
    Don't worry about the media reports around Huawei as these relate to future models.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Google Pixel 3a if Black Friday offers bring it within budget would be a good choice.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

Master
    Agreed about Pixel 3a, if not available...
    What about one of the Moto G range. New Moto G8 plus available for around £240. As someone else says there may be better deals during Black Friday. That’s where I’d be looking, not Huawei

Pocophone F1 👍😎

Master
    A relative has mentioned the Samsung Galaxy A50 which is available from Amazon at £250. Any thoughts on that one pls?

Rob

I used to be a Samsung fan until I went with Motorola (G6+) camera is brilliant, phone is fast too.

I got an Honor 10 (not the lite version as I wanted 4K video - when they were @ £250 on offer from argos) stunning phone though more expensive now

they do a lite version and an honor 20 lite too - great phones and are basically a Huawei in snazzier colours

Master
    My work phone is a Galaxy A50. The camera(s) are superb (hate to admit it but probably better than my iPhone 8) and the phone is rapid. My only gripes are a lack of a physical home button and it's quite a large phone (again compare to my iPhone).

A50 for sub £300 would be a bargain imo.

motorolla - my mate has 2 - they are seriously good - and will have deals at JL for sure on Black Friday

Apprentice
    Another vote her for the Pixel 3a. I made the jump from IPhone to the pixel 3a and have to say I love it - far superior to the iPhone imo. Can't believe I bought into the apple brand for so many years!