closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Golfers Only - On Line Score Tracking - Any Recommendations?

Golfers Only - On Line Score Tracking - Any Recommendations?

Hi,

I was just about to renew my annual payment to Golfshake.com and then thought, is there someone who does this better or easier?

The basics are all there but I find the visuals quite well, basic and the Mobile App is very 'dos' like. But the in-game analysis is pretty good so I do now where I need to improve!

Its only £15 a year so its not really the money but welcome the views of any other TZ Golfers who might use something like 'HowdidIdo' or somethign similar?

Cheers.

Chris

P.S. I'm not using a GPS tracking system and probably won't do that in the short term. i.e. Arccos

Try Hole 19, the basic app is free. I tried the upgrade on a free trial. It didn’t feel it benefited me too much. Keeps records of fairways hit, GIR and putts per round etc and gives monthly performance stats.
    ive used it for some time now and haven’t found anything better for my use.
    Last edited by sevvy; 19th November 2019 at 13:09.

I use Golfshot on my iPhone (and watch) - it was free but I think there is also a paid for version. Allows you to put in scores, direction off tee, GIR, putts etc, as well as showing an aerial view and distances etc. It saves all scores and courses. You can also input club distances and it’ll ‘caddie’ for you!

It’s not allowed in completions but I never enter any!

Will also calculate your handicap. Not sure if you can upload to the web but perfect for me!!

Just looked at Hole 19 and it looks similar to Golfshot. .

Craftsman
    Second here Golfshot GPS. Good for showing your bad shot and areas for improvement. Handicap calculations are pretty accurate I find.

As said, can’t use it for competitions but I still use it to log scores.

Andy

I was put onto VPAR on a recent Stag trip.
    Never used any golf app before but thought this was excellent.
    Couldnt help my golf though, unfortunately.

I use The Social Golfer its a great on line Golf Club run by my mate. Thousands of members. I play in their tournaments, its very well arranged. https://www.thesocialgolfer.com/ The on line handicap is very close to my club handicap (I'm the handicap secretary), Pro membership is £30 a year. Its the best site I've found bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I use The Social Golfer its a great on line Golf Club run by my mate. Thousands of members. I play in their tournaments, its very well arranged. https://www.thesocialgolfer.com/ The on line handicap is very close to my club handicap (I'm the handicap secretary), Pro membership is £30 a year. Its the best site I've found bar none.

Thanks for this. Actually looks just an interesting as a way to find people to play with in Kent/M25 area. Could result in a lot of 'working from home'!

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Thanks for this. Actually looks just an interesting as a way to find people to play with in Kent/M25 area. Could result in a lot of 'working from home'!
    If you pm me I'll sort you out a free membership

Have a look at the Golf Game CLASSIC system. It has tags you put on your clubs, but it does not use GPS, so you can store the data whilst you play and then down load it to get analytic information.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche