closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another SOTC..

Master

Cool Another SOTC..

Seem to be a few collection updates going on at the moment so thought I’d get in on the act...

Before I get to the pics, I will state that I’m pretty much done, and it would have to be something very special that would make me want to move any of these on..

My box holds 8 watches, I honestly think for the first time in a long time that I’m satisfied with the variety, colours and brands..

I’ve always had a soft spot for chronographs so they make up the bulk of the collection, but with a GMT, a couple of Subs and a DJ as a dress watch I think I’ve covered all the bases I need to..... but hey never say never....

Top left is the Monaco re edition. I really like this watch, from the Heuer branding to the LH crown, it’s a chunky beast, but wears well and is instantly recognisable..and I think it looks great on its custom Dangerous9 strap

Next up, 1969 Zenith el Primero (38mm). A real classic and such a wearable size foe those of us with normal sized wrists. I bought this watch on a bracelet, but negotiated the Zenith strap and deployant into the deal. The bracelet is lovely, but a bit on the bling side so I much prefer to wear it on the strap.

Then we have the classic Speedy Pro, this one is with the hesalite glass. Yet another chronograph I know, but I do like the fact that it’s hand wound, just a nice watch to wear and have in any collection

Next up is the oldest watch in my collection, bought new by me at the end of 2010 for the princely sum of £4070. This watch has had a bit of a tough life, and has been worn a heck of a lot. In fact I rarely took it off in the early years, so it’s showing a few battle scars, but still runs and keeps time like the day I got it

On the bottom row, I have the very first TT watch I’ve owned. This is a 36mm DJ and has the new Rolex 70hr power reserve movement.
    In a moment of madness I considered selling this just last week, but I’m glad I came to my senses and changed my mind.. lucky escape.
    It’s a great watch, nice and slim, and despite the TT not to in your face. The 36mm size is just right, and it means my sister often borrows it if she’s going somewhere posh..

Next up is the SubC.. not a lot to say other than, it’s the second one I’ve had after I foolishly sold the first. Just a great allrounder and as tough as boots

Now to the pride of my collection...The WG daytona. I managed to pic this up last week after lusting after one for years. I’ve had a steel Daytona for years, but the way values have gone, it meant that if I sold that, and one other watch, I could use a bit of man maths and justify such an extravagant purchase..
    It was one of those things that you decide do it now, or forget it. The opportunity came up following a heads up from another TZer so I decided I had to do it..

Last but not least, my Pepsi GMT. I nearly sold this, to put the money towards the WG Pepsi, but changed my mind at the last minute as I really like the Jubilee bracelet, and I know I’d never be lucky enough to get another one, hence the decision to go for the Daytona instead, as price wise there’s very little in it between a WG Daytona and a WG Pepsi

Well that’s the collection as it stands and I have to say at the moment I’m happy enough that I can’t see any reason to change or add anything else. So for now I’m calling it job done.

Craftsman
    Nice collection, That Daytona is by far my favourite a watch I don’t have but getting a strong inkling for one. The WG TT is a lovely rendition I would be happy to look after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each one a beauty, well done sir

Very nice collection and as I am a bit of a Chrono man myself the two that stand out for me are obviously the new Daytona and perhaps surprisingly the Zenith. I think that is a stunner and would take that ahead of some of the Rolex divers.

Excellent collection and all angles covered, but done - not so sure - Baselworld is only a few months away.

You are gonna need a bigger box 😂

Excellent collection, I'm a Daytona fan and have to say the dials on the WG/Platinum models are much nicer than the normal black/white dial Daytonas.

Master
    Nice collection of fine watches - my favourite would be the Zenith.

Master
    What a stunning collection. Well done and enjoy them!

Master
    I must try a Monaco one day. Great collection, you was wise to keep the BLRO.

Fantastic group of watches.
    If I were you, I would replace with a Grand Seiko or another chronograph- May be SS ceramic Daytona.

Blog Entries
    Great collection, love them all.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Great collection and well done on the Daytona pick up, its stunning!

Not a bad one in site. Lovely.

Lovely! I think the Daytona is gorgeous, and I’d kill for that damn GMT

Craftsman
    That is one hell of a SOTC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Banned
    One of the nicest collections for me

Craftsman
    Lovely watches. I think the Zenith in 38mm is just right.

All nice but I think you need an explorer

Journeyman
    Very very nice collection, the WG Daytona is stunning

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    38mm Zenith the star for me

Pretty much spot on in every respect... except (prepares tin hat), I would much rather have the Zenith Daytona currently on SC than that WG version. But that’s just me.

Lovely set of watches

An incredible collection, and of course I covet your Monaco and its amazing strap.

D

Great collection, WG Daytona is a no brainer considering how much the Stainless ones go for now, why have common old steel when you can have solid Gold for not much more.

Master
    That's a classic collection, anyone would be happy to have that little lot!

Gulp - that's a bit of a special collection! Congratulations, like some others have said the Zenith is the standout for me, closely followed by the Speedy - I'd probably be paralysed by decision making working out which to wear each day

Craftsman
    Superb collection. There’s a theme of modern sports/utility watches but at the same time no obvious redundancy. They all have a place in the collection. Nice work. A sky dweller wouldn’t look out of place though ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Nice work. A sky dweller wouldn’t look out of place though ;-)
    No room in the box I’m afraid, and nothing in there that I’d want to swap for...👍👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    38mm Zenith the star for me.
    Ditto, fantastic.

Craftsman
    So many great watches and I love the fact the Kermit was used. The WG Daytona is great but I am really liking the DJ, must be an age thing as I never really appreciated them until very recently.

Great collection. You have your own style and reason. Love them all tbh. So, my question being a nosey git, do you have a system for giving them all wrist time? Or is there a clear favourite?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Great collection. You have your own style and reason. Love them all tbh. So, my question being a nosey git, do you have a system for giving them all wrist time? Or is there a clear favourite?
    No... no system, just what takes my fancy. The green Sub is a firm favourite, hence it looking a bit tired.

Master
    A great collection - well done and enjoy.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow, amazing collection!