closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Top tip

Top tip

Don’t squirt washing up liquid in the dishwasher when you run out of dishwasher tablets.
    It’s like a bad Terry and June episode in my kitchen now.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Sounds like the time I washed my towel in the washing machine because it had been covered in shower gel that had leaked on it. Foam everywhere.

Everywhere is right.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Grand Master
    Detergents designed for use in washing machines and dishwashers don’t produce stable foam, washing up liquid will do what you don’t want it to!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Don’t squirt washing up liquid in the dishwasher when you run out of dishwasher tablets.
    Time to get soapy

Another top tip. If your hotel room gets upgraded to one with a jacuzzi, do not - repeat - do not be tempted to put bubble bath in the water. That particular evening didn’t end well.

Cheers,

Plug

Quote Originally Posted by Plug View Post
    Another top tip. If your hotel room gets upgraded to one with a jacuzzi, do not - repeat - do not be tempted to put bubble bath in the water. That particular evening didn’t end well.

Cheers,

Plug
    SWMBO can attest to that, she managed to make a spectacular mess in the ParK Lane Hilton a few years ago.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Or Space:1999

Grand Master
    Bubble batch forms a stable foam with excellent insulation properties. If you like a good old- fashioned soak in a hot bath, bubble bath will help keep the water hot for a long time.

Hopefully it all feels like it was just a dream by now.

Made me chuckle, Jason.

Craftsman
    Reminds me of the same a few years ago with our washing machine. Bubbles everywhere, unfortunately got up to the PCB and fried everything.

Been there, done that, and probably the same result.

“Up the hammers”?

Another top tip.

Don't rent a snow machine in an effort to create a White Christmas for visiting children who have never seen snow, and don't start it before everyone gets up, then leave it for an hour while you attend to other things.

When you return, there'll be a massive drift that contains your car and nothing on the grass.

...or a Rolling Stones' video --

'Ay Keef, did you put the dishwasher on?'

'Yeah Mick, no tablets, just put some Fairy in. Let's get on with this song...'
    ______

​Jim.

When I read that earlier this morning I spat some coffee all over the kitchen floor.

As bored kids, poured a bottle of Fairy into the fountain at the local park...not to be outdone, cousin pours 4 bottles of Squeezy into the water at the tunnel of love/caves at Southport..
    Last edited by Tifa; 3rd June 2020 at 11:43.

I once helped a friend move into his new diplomatic pad in Rome and we had a similar experience. Watching him fight the giant sud monster in the kitchen for a couple of hours is something I'll never forget. Mercifully I'd already managed to stock up on Primitivo.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

It’s amazing how far a pennies worth of Fairy will go.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Pictures would be great to see here

I did something similar with our washing machine. Had an unpleasant smell, was working at home and thought washing up liquid cuts through crap, so gave a squirt and then being male gave another few squirts for good measure and turned it on on the hottest wash.

Came back to the kitchen to an out take of the film the blob. Took me hours to clean up and as quick as I cleaned it up more poured out from from the soap dispenser drawer.

This is a picture of the machine which I think was at this stage on its 3rd wash and some of the foam in the sink.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I did something similar with our washing machine. Had an unpleasant smell, was working at home and thought washing up liquid cuts through crap, so gave a squirt and then being male gave another few squirts for good measure and turned it on on the hottest wash.

Came back to the kitchen to an out take of the film the blob. Took me hours to clean up and as quick as I cleaned it up more poured out from from the soap dispenser drawer.

This is a picture of the machine which I think was at this stage on its 3rd wash and some of the foam in the sink.

Haha quality, at least its clean water.