closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch trends 2019 - from FHH >>>

Blog Entries

Watch trends 2019 - from FHH >>>

FHH perhaps worth a critical read. If the link doesn’t work you may need to request the download (free):

https://campaigns.hautehorlogerie.org/cahier-tendances-2019/FHH_Cahier-tendances-2019-20_EN_Web_4.pdf

so which type are you? Or does it matter? Comments - let’s talk about something other than availability of certain brand(s).

Martyn.

I knew I shouldn't have read that.
    Now I need a Girard Perregaux Bridges Cosmos.

Master
    Buy what you like and stuff the trends.

Master
    Haven’t had time to read all that, but on first glance I wonder where they would place a Grand Seiko 9F or Snowflake? It combines both ‘Connoisseur’ heritage notes and ‘performer’ / performance tech. You could also say the same for Omega antimagnetic movements.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    tend to agree - but that article does show some other brands out there - not shown on these parts. It would be great to discuss horology - not just or only about the watches we own or want to own?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    True, but what a lot of people “like” is strongly influenced by what other people like. If everybody was buying in isolation do you really think every man and his dog would “like” the submariner so much. It’s all influenced by what’s hot and I doubt anybody is completely isolated from the opinions of others or the trends in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    It’s all influenced by what’s hot and I doubt anybody is completely isolated from the opinions of others or the trends in the market.
    Dangerous to generalise. I think most members here couldn't give a monkey's (including me). Many have been at this game for a long time and accumulated the knowledge to know what we like and what we don't (and why) and spend our hard-earned accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Dangerous to generalise. I think most members here couldn't give a monkey's (including me). Many have been at this game for a long time and accumulated the knowledge to know what we like and what we don't (and why) and spend our hard-earned accordingly.
    I’m sure a lot of members here couldn’t give a monkeys what others think, but that doesn’t mean that their tastes and buying habits haven’t been influenced by the content on sites like this. You say you’ve accumulated a lot of knowledge, but for 99% of collectors that knowledge comes entirely from what others have written. The majority get the information second hand, there are very few who research from scratch.

It would be dangerous to generalize and say that everyone here is just following the herd, but that’s not what I said. I just said that the information and opinions posted by others influence our buying habits.

Master
    Surely this is aimed at the industry, those who are making and marketing watches, not at the buyer. So yes, ‘buy what you like’ and ignore the trends, but they will still want to analyse what’s selling and why. The question would be whether they’ve analysed it correctly. They seem to have missed out lovers of invisible watches that only exist in photographs online, but strangely turn out not to sold in boutiques. Do they even exist? In a modern twist on the classic story of the Emperor’s new clothes, the sense of anticipation of being on ‘the list’ replaces the enjoyment of actually wearing them.

Edit - on reading the intro properly I see that it is actually pitched at buyers after all. And yet, it’s the product of a trend forecasting agency, who presumably work with the industry. As such it’s not entirely successful, as few want to be categorised. Perhaps they should leave it to glossy magazines.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 18th November 2019 at 18:15.

Amongst all that pretty content, was there any meaning?

I never knew that someone could write so much and say so little. Guff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    Amongst all that pretty content, was there any meaning?

I never knew that someone could write so much and say so little. Guff.
    Reminds me of my (ex-)marketing department. They produced wonderful graphs I remember.

There are a couple of guys on TV tonight who may match that level of pontification. Sorry OT.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    FHH perhaps worth a critical read. If the link doesn’t work you may need to request the download (free):

https://campaigns.hautehorlogerie.org/cahier-tendances-2019/FHH_Cahier-tendances-2019-20_EN_Web_4.pdf

so which type are you? Or does it matter? Comments - let’s talk about something other than availability of certain brand(s).

Martyn.
    Thanks Martyn, nice to read about some of the less common, but stunning watches.

Steve