closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Guy Martin Worlds Fastest Tractor

Master
    Blog Entries

Guy Martin Worlds Fastest Tractor

Anybody watching, it’s great watching the thinking and power to weight ratio to achieve this. Ricardo factory £20 big ones for a torque wrench.

Blog Entries
    where to find? I have a plethora of UK channels on my tv (thanks to the dish antenna) so big chance I can watch it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    where to find? I have a plethora of UK channels on my tv (thanks to the dish antenna) so big chance I can watch it
    Channel 4👍

That was good stuff! Know quite a bit about JCB from a previous life so really engaged in that. Still retained much of the base vehicle too, job well done.

And Guy as watchable as ever

Master
    ^^ hope he has passed his driving test now - last I heard or read he had been arrested for using a dodgy licence..
    ah found it; https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/n...-trial-2949115

I wasn't that impressed, the whole thing seemed very superficial, the program lacked detail, continuity was all over the place, his haircut kept changing, the charge cooler was on the thing on the first build, they made a big deal out of fitting a bigger turbo and injectors when everyone knows its more smoke more poke with big diesels, to be a tractor it should have had to do things that tractors do, like pull things and anyone could have sat in it and pointed it in the right direction. it was an advert for JCB

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think it was bit more involved then that

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I think it was bit more involved then that
    of course it was, the engine was always built for much more more power, otherwise an off the shelf one would have been good enough, it wasn't one of GM's best

Master
    I thought the funny bit was when they had used F1 engineers, modelled in VR, spent a fortune and hired a runway then a farmer in the USA beat them with something they built themselves

It was eminently watchable but the cost of beating the farmer by about 30mph must have been extortionate.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I wasn't that impressed, the whole thing seemed very superficial, the program lacked detail, continuity was all over the place, his haircut kept changing, the charge cooler was on the thing on the first build, they made a big deal out of fitting a bigger turbo and injectors when everyone knows its more smoke more poke with big diesels, to be a tractor it should have had to do things that tractors do, like pull things and anyone could have sat in it and pointed it in the right direction. it was an advert for JCB
    Yep, that was kind of my take on it too, an advertorial fronted by everybody’s favourite Yorkshireman.

I used to really enjoy the ‘Guy Martin does something’ programmes, but they’re starting to look a bit dated and are the same apart from the ‘something’ being driven. He’s still an interesting bloke and I like him, but this felt like something he was putting his name too rather than being passionate about.

It watched like throw some money at something and see what happens. Huge advert for Ricardo and JCB, as you said.