closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which second hand dealers have you had a good experience with?

Master

Which second hand dealers have you had a good experience with?

Watchfinder is clearly the biggest and most well known. A few others have a bit of presence like Ian Blowers. Just wondering where the forum have purchased watches from and of there is any recommendations. WF reviews seem mixed but one thing is for sure, their prices are pretty top end!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bought and sold to Blowers (hull) a few times and had no problems, Watchfinder is another story altogether.

Grand Master
    I`ve bought from Gary Sanderson in the past and been pleased. He's also made me an excellent offer recently on a watch I considered selling to the trade.

As for Blowers, they get some nice watches but they're always top price. An offer they made me recently on a watch was a serious low-ball.

As with all dealers on all things, it depends how keep they are to buy and sell when negotiating, it'll vary month to month.

Eric the Singapore Seiko dealer. Scrupulously honest listings and a pleasure to deal with.

I’ve bought from Gold Arts in Chichester on more than one occasion - I’d highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Excellent experiences buying from The Old Watch Shop.

Good experiences buying from Watchfinder and watches.co.uk although neither were cheap.

Mixed experiences from Chronomaster. He is quite optimistic in his use of ‘mint’ and ‘excellent’ in his descriptions of watches, and as a result the watches disappoint a bit on arrival. Excellent service apart from that.

Quite a disappointing experience buying from Austin Kaye a few years ago. The bracelet on what they had described as a just serviced Omega SeMP fell apart on my wrist due to worn out / loose pins. Luckily my arm was on a table at the time or the watch would have been lost or damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    As for Blowers, they get some nice watches but they're always top price. An offer they made me recently on a watch was a serious low-ball.
    I had the same experience with Blowers recently.
    Last edited by vortgern; 17th November 2019 at 17:54.

Craftsman
    For me its watches.co.uk lots of dealings buying and selling
    great people to deal with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Good experience with WF fairly recently, price for what I was buying (non Rolex) was reasonable compared to other dealers on Chrono24 and of course I could see it and collect in person. Very little chance of buying it anywhere other than a dealer. Price they paid for my Rolex in PX was more than I thought it was worth on SC and was comparable to to estimate Ebay sales without any of the risk.

I wouldn't buy a Rolex from them though as prices seem very steep and it seems rare that they are reasonably priced for what you want but it does happen!

Master
    Great responses so far guys, thanks. To be honest, this would be quite a good regular thread. Would be good to hear of peoples positive experiences rather than just the negative ones!

Craftsman

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post

Absolutely agree with the comment on Watches.co.uk. Tim and his team offer an impeccable service, straight forward and very easy to deal with.

Craftsman

WF

Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    Good experience with WF fairly recently, price for what I was buying (non Rolex) was reasonable compared to other dealers on Chrono24 and of course I could see it and collect in person. Very little chance of buying it anywhere other than a dealer. Price they paid for my Rolex in PX was more than I thought it was worth on SC and was comparable to to estimate Ebay sales without any of the risk.

I wouldn't buy a Rolex from them though as prices seem very steep and it seems rare that they are reasonably priced for what you want but it does happen!
    Cannot really fault WF, they are where they are because they offer the one stop shop in pretty easy steps. In regards buying a a Rolex from them, like most dealers at the moment they are maybe pushing the envelope in their pricing and do not feel that any dealer is offering good value on a Rolex purchase. Maybe after Christmas/New year with a glut of non shifting stock, prices may alter somewhat.

Master
    I’ve dealt with Mike Wood from the oldwatchshop loads of times even before he frequented this forum I’ve had great experience every time and wouldn’t hesitate to use him again.

Craftsman
    Had a decent experience with Chronext a few years ago now, concluded with a no quibble return, kind of regret not keeping the watch now...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    I’ve dealt with Mike Wood from the oldwatchshop loads of times even before he frequented this forum I’ve had great experience every time and wouldn’t hesitate to use him again.
    Mike’s good to deal with, prices are very fair and he only sells nice stuff.

Mike Wood offers an impeccable service and best I’ve dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Eric the Singapore Seiko dealer. Scrupulously honest listings and a pleasure to deal with.
    Sounds right up my street - do you have a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 5avvy View Post
    Sounds right up my street - do you have a link?

http://antiquewatchat.blogspot.com/

For some reason he never touches divers, but he does also do some swiss watches
    Last edited by Der Amf; 18th November 2019 at 05:59.

Thanks mate

Master
    Blog Entries
    Only bought one from Watchfinder,service was top notch as was the watch.

I found Mark Worthington very straightforward to deal with.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Absolutely agree with the comment on Watches.co.uk. Tim and his team offer an impeccable service, straight forward and very easy to deal with.
    Another positive endorsement from me. I've dealt with Tim and Dee for many years, from Tags to APs, with plenty of Rolex in between, always great service in both directions buying and selling.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Mike Wood offers an impeccable service and best I’ve dealt with.
    This.

Also Chronomaster.

I've bought a rolex from watchcentre (aka watches and jewellery of bond street), was very pleasant. However when I tried to sell a watch to them a week or two ago I got serious low-balled.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post

Another vote for them, bought a few watches from them and sold to and they are a very decent company.

Journeyman
    WF can be a hit/miss - depending on the watch

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    Watchfinder is clearly the biggest and most well known. A few others have a bit of presence like Ian Blowers. Just wondering where the forum have purchased watches from and of there is any recommendations. WF reviews seem mixed but one thing is for sure, their prices are pretty top end!

another vote for Mark Worthington, currently buying a speedy and selling a Milgauss. all seems to be positive.
    had some good deals with WF as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PD1 View Post
    another vote for Mark Worthington, currently buying a speedy and selling a Milgauss. all seems to be positive.
    had some good deals with WF as well.
    Christ he's pricing high. £14,750 for a D-Blue. Grief.

Craftsman

Bargain

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Christ he's pricing high. £14,750 for a D-Blue. Grief.

Worthington are certainly not the place for a bargain or even a decent price on a Rolex but then which dealer/seller currently is. They do appear to get a more than average number of brand new unworn Sports models constantly throughout the year, they are either offering very good buy ins or looking at the number of brand new unworn bimetal datejusts they get in, maybe a favourable dealer relationship helps with their Sports model stock levels.

Another independent close to me has a Cameron for 12850 and a lovely looking 16660 for less than one sold for on Sc last week ( though it’s not tritium it has 2 yrs warranty) 7250

Master
    Funnily enough I've also dealt with Eric! Top bloke.

Haywood. Sold a Daytona, bought a Daytona. I didn’t meet the man himself, but communications were excellent and his staff way more knowledgeable than many authorised dealers and friendlier too. Love refreshing his website to see what’s new. This weeks catch appears to be two-tone Subs

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    Haywood. Sold a Daytona, bought a Daytona. I didn’t meet the man himself, but communications were excellent and his staff way more knowledgeable than many authorised dealers and friendlier too. Love refreshing his website to see what’s new. This weeks catch appears to be two-tone Subs

If only he could change the website to only show available instead of most recent/old and high/low price. Keep seeing things I think are available and aren't!

Craftsman

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    Funnily enough I've also dealt with Eric! Top bloke.
    Could you please post a link to his website?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobar View Post
    Could you please post a link to his website?

Thanks

Craftsman
    Thanks

Master
    UK Bullion in Sheffield I find are pleasant chaps to deal with. Good choice of watches too.

Craftsman
    Dominic Hackett is always my first go to, for both buying and selling.

Craftsman
    Jopsons Jewellers in Carlisle, third generation ex-Rolex AD. A nice bricks and mortar shop to call in and shoot the breeze with, never the most expensive and ran by a genuine watch enthusiast. They sell on C24 but does most of their advertising on social media these days I think.

Which second hand dealers have you had a good experience with?

Watches by Timepiece are where I bought my 126660 DSSD from and I was very pleased with them. Their Rolex prices were very competitive and they sell via E-bay or their website. I’d buy from them again if I was in the market for something Rolexy

Craftsman
    Anyone dealt with Sanderson and son from Stamford?
    Been looking at their stock and have got something I'm interested in.

Grand Master
    Gary Sanderson is fine, see my comments earlier in the thread. Not cheap, but he only sells good stuff.

Master
    I can recommend Jonathan Gilbert at Edinburgh Watch Company.

Christopher Poel in Stratford upon Avon - http://www.christopherpoel.co.uk/
    Bought and sold with them, can't recommend them highly enough.

Blowers - https://blowers-jewellers.co.uk/store/
    Sold a 5513 and bought a GMT master II 5-7 years ago and prices were bang on and certainly not low balled. Times may have changed though.

Master
    Parkers Jewellers in Sheffield are good to deal with. https://parkersjewellers.co.uk/