closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster Quartz

Banned
    Blog Entries

Omega Seamaster Quartz

Recently I found this watch in a draw in my FIL’s writing desk. Can anyone assist with identifying the precise model, age etc? It is not running at the moment, but I am keen to rectify that as my son has taken a liking to it. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quartz watches that have been in drawers for a long time are usually in poor condition. They get put away when they stop running and over the years the battery ends up leaking and causing damage to the movement. Judging from the staining on the dial its likely that's happened in this case.

there will be a case reference number in the back, that will allow you to trace when the model was current. My guess is late 70s/early 80s, Omega made lots of different variants.

Depending on the movement it could be expensive to get fixed, parts for the early quartz stuff are v. scarce. Unfortunately the cost of sorting it out is likely to far exceed its value, I would send it to STS as they're folks likely to have access to parts. It'll not be cheap, possibly that won't worry you?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Quartz watches that have been in drawers for a long time are usually in poor condition. They get put away when they stop running and over the years the battery ends up leaking and causing damage to the movement. Judging from the staining on the dial its likely that's happened in this case.

there will be a case reference number in the back, that will allow you to trace when the model was current. My guess is late 70s/early 80s, Omega made lots of different variants.

Depending on the movement it could be expensive to get fixed, parts for the early quartz stuff are v. scarce. Unfortunately the cost of sorting it out is likely to far exceed its value, I would send it to STS as they're folks likely to have access to parts. It'll not be cheap, possibly that won't worry you?
    Thank you. I guess you would say the watch has family-related value, so it merits proper and appropriate treatment.

Seamaster Quartz UltraThin
    Cal.1432 -
    Ref.196.0287
    1980-1989

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Seamaster Quartz UltraThin
    Cal.1432 -
    Ref.196.0287
    1980-1989
    Thank you.

Master
    A friend recently had an old (over 30 years), quartz Globemaster repaired at STS after it had lain not working for years. It cost him around a grand / 1100 to get it fixed by them.. Looked mighty impressive afterwards mind..