closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quidco

Apprentice

Quidco

Anybody have any experience of using Quidco to get cash back from Goldsmiths? They advertise 13% cash back on all full price items except Tag Connected, wondering if anybody has bought an omega from them this way, as its effectively a pretty substantial discount. Thanks in advance.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    Anybody have any experience of using Quidco to get cash back from Goldsmiths? They advertise 13% cash back on all full price items except Tag Connected, wondering if anybody has bought an omega from them this way, as its effectively a pretty substantial discount. Thanks in advance.
    I'd expect to get 13% off most omegas. It's also 13% after VAT

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    I'd expect to get 13% off most omegas. It's also 13% after VAT
    Out of interest what would that equate to in reality? I have been looking at the Omega tresor and they don’t seem to have much discount going on these.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Out of interest what would that equate to in reality? I have been looking at the Omega tresor and they don’t seem to have much discount going on these.
    10.8%.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    10.8%.
    I get it at 10.4%

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    I get it at 10.4%
    If £100, price before VAT is £100/1.2 = £83.33 (not £80).

13% of £83.33 = £10.83.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    Trouble with Quidco and TopCashBack is they always say it's not guaranteed (for whatever reason) so, if you can get money off guaranteed some other way, that might be a better option.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Trouble with Quidco and TopCashBack is they always say it's not guaranteed (for whatever reason) so, if you can get money off guaranteed some other way, that might be a better option.
    Many thanks.

I bought an Aqua Terra some 5 years ago now. Bought via Quidco and Goldsmiths. Quidco advertised 14% off and this INCLUDED watches bought on interest free.

I suspected this was an error, knowing you rarely get discount and interest free in a store. Anyway, I ordered and took a screenshot of offer.

Sure enough, as time passed and the cashback was due, it was rejected by Goldsmiths. It turned out Quidco made an error. I presented Quidco with my screenshots and they stumped up the £400 or so that day.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I bought an Aqua Terra some 5 years ago now. Bought via Quidco and Goldsmiths. Quidco advertised 14% off and this INCLUDED watches bought on interest free.

I suspected this was an error, knowing you rarely get discount and interest free in a store. Anyway, I ordered and took a screenshot of offer.

Sure enough, as time passed and the cashback was due, it was rejected by Goldsmiths. It turned out Quidco made an error. I presented Quidco with my screenshots and they stumped up the £400 or so that day.
    Thats helpful! It seems pretty unambiguous on the website, but I know jewellers discount offers often wont include any of the "luxury" watch brands, thats what made me a little uneasy.

Thanks again.

I use Quidco but it is not very good at paying out and whatever percent is advertised, it is never the amount expected. Booked flights for approx £1450, received less than £5. I treat Quidco as potential cashback.

Exactly! I had a Quidco claim for a TUI holiday purchase and they didn't pay it. There are loads of ways for them to wriggle out.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post

I've generally had good dealings with both Quidco and TCB.

Journeyman
    I've also done quite well out of both of them but it's never guaranteed.