closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Long Time Lurker saying hello

Long Time Lurker saying hello

Hi there, my name is Pete and I have enjoyed reading threads and viewing some lovely watches on this forum for the best part of three years without posting despite being occasionally active on TRF and the Omega Forum. I am mainly in to my Divers but I also have a soft spot for Chronographs.

With a bit more time on my hands since partially retiring and a recent rebuild of my collection I think it is time to make a bit more effort to get involved here so I will be contributing when I have something (hopefully interesting) to say going forward.

My only one of Eddies right now is my Aerotimer but I will probably be signing up for an Everest Expedition when they are restocked having dithered around during the last opportunity.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Hello Pete and welcome to the forum.

Mike

Craftsman
    Hello and welcome.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Welcome Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Hello Pete

Thanks for the warm welcome!

To start things off let me show you my latest acquisition, this one will certainly polarise opinion but I really wanted to try something a bit different....and this IS different!!

It wears surprisingly comfortably

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    First on the forum, I think! Someone was recently asking when and where they were finally going to filter through. Congratulations on your ballsy choice

Welcome to the forum , Pete .

Welcome Pete, from another slow starter.

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing and reading more about the P01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    eee gods! with taste like that do we want you! ;) only kidding. welcome to you and the POS

Master
    Fugly as sin. I would let one within a foot of my wrist let alone walk out the door of an AD with one. Which probably means it’s a fantastic investment!

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    eee gods! with taste like that do we want you! ;) only kidding. welcome to you and the POS
    Hey thanks!

I would certainly not recommend this piece to the one watch owner but it is a breath of fresh air in my fairly conventional collection.

I look forward to auctioning it off in 2030 for half a million

Craftsman
    Welcome Pete!

I commend your bravery on the Tudor, it's an odd looking thing but that is not to say it does not have some charm :)

To start things off let me show you my latest acquisition, this one will certainly polarise opinion but I really wanted to try something a bit different....and this IS different!!
    I don't think it's one that I would want, but congratulations on going for something a bit different. I'm glad you like it. This forum needs fewer day traders and more people with different tastes in interesting watches. Welcome to the forum!

You brave and fun loving dude!
    Welcome

BUBI 0_0

I quite like it.....

Welcome to you and an interesting watch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great welcome and straight talking opinions on the P01. I look forward to continuing to contribute and will post a SOTC in due course.

I am going to be attempting to fit a rivet stainless steel bracelet to the watch this evening once the spring bar pliers are to hand as some posters on TRF had expressed an interest in how this might look and I am curious myself.

If all goes well (fingers crossed) I will post some photos in the new arrival thread.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

It wears surprisingly comfortably

welcome and lovely Tudor!

Welcome, Pete.

I'm really intrigued by the P01 and will definitely try one if the opportunity arises.

Can I ask if you know what the length of the case is please, lug tip to lug tip? I've only read it is 'over' 50mm.

Master
    I quite like it, particularly with the in-house movement.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Welcome, Pete.

I'm really intrigued by the P01 and will definitely try one if the opportunity arises.

Can I ask if you know what the length of the case is please, lug tip to lug tip? I've only read it is 'over' 50mm.
    It is certainly over 50mm

I just ran a ruler over it and would say 58 - 60mm. Lug width is 22mm and it takes a 20mm strap on the step down from the first steel link.

My wrist is a flat 7.25 inches, I don't think this works on much smaller wrists than that as you start to introduce the dreaded wrist overhang but what surprises me is how comfortably this piece actually wears. I thought it would be one of those watches where you are constantly aware of it's presence DSSD style but it is not the case at all.

They seem to look very different on the wrist; and your image is probably the most flattering to it I have seen. Enjoy it and your time here!

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Welcome to the forum and strong first watch post :)

It is certainly over 50mm

I just ran a ruler over it and would say 58 - 60mm. Lug width is 22mm and it takes a 20mm strap on the step down from the first steel link.

My wrist is a flat 7.25 inches, I don't think this works on much smaller wrists than that as you start to introduce the dreaded wrist overhang but what surprises me is how comfortably this piece actually wears. I thought it would be one of those watches where you are constantly aware of it's presence DSSD style but it is not the case at all.
    Thanks.

I've found a dealer that has one (actually two) in stock and will go and try it on tomorrow.

Journeyman
    Thanks for posting the P01, gave me something interesting to 'google' yesterday, would love to see some alternative strap options, but small volume potential may stop anyone having a go...….

Your user name looks familiar, were you an early adopter of the BMW M135i and active on the forum??

Quote Originally Posted by m.barn View Post
    Thanks for posting the P01, gave me something interesting to 'google' yesterday, would love to see some alternative strap options, but small volume potential may stop anyone having a go...….

Your user name looks familiar, were you an early adopter of the BMW M135i and active on the forum??
    Good spot, yes I had one of the first M135i's and spent quite a lot of (wasted) money on the M Performance catalogue to personalise it. There were a few build threads running back in the day.

I am in an M2 now, remaining loyal to the brand despite the eye watering depreciation!

Journeyman
    Good spot, yes I had one of the first M135i's and spent quite a lot of (wasted) money on the M Performance catalogue to personalise it. There were a few build threads running back in the day.

I am in an M2 now, remaining loyal to the brand despite the eye watering depreciation!
    Nice one, mine was white like yours, I think I added a few bits to mine based on your build pics.....great cars tbh, fun!! X5 for me now, need loads of seats, but I let someone else suffer c50% depreciation before I get into one.

Quote Originally Posted by m.barn View Post
    Nice one, mine was white like yours, I think I added a few bits to mine based on your build pics.....great cars tbh, fun!! X5 for me now, need loads of seats, but I let someone else suffer c50% depreciation before I get into one.
    Very wise!

In terms of your comments re the P01 strap situation, any 20mm strap will fit this watch with the caveat that it will need to be short as it must be fitted to the first fixed steel links.

I have a 20mm Tropic coming today and am looking at the Steveostraps military canvas as another option. I did try and fit an Oyster style bracelet last night with the help of my AD but lets just say that didn't go at all to plan