closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Timex automatic released

Craftsman

New Timex automatic released

Clean, classic look. Not sure I’d pay the asking price though

https://www.timex.co.uk/giorgio-gall...2U16800GO.html

I like the sides of the case, but not too sure it would look good filled with other people's DNA - perhaps a watch that needs to be bought new 

That is a very dull watch, even with the case cutouts.

I'd wear it backwards so the display back shows instead of that very boring dial.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    That is a very dull watch, even with the case cutouts.

I'd wear it backwards so the display back shows instead of that very boring dial.
    Speaking of dull, if you're going to be rude about every single new release that someone starts a thread about, could you please think of some better insults?

Very nice watch but not sure about the 'ruby'. Doesn't feel like it adds much to the overall aesthetic.

It’s great that Timex are listening to their customers and making automatic watches again. But to me this is a pretty bland watch. No mention of the type of movement - is it Chinese? At best it’s gonna be a Miyota, and no sapphire either? At £425 I’d say there’s better value to be had elsewhere, not least Seiko, Orient or TimeFactors - ie same or better spec for much less, and probably a more interesting watch too.

Of Timex most recent offerings my favourites have been the mechanical Marlin (not the oversized automatic ones), and the new automatic Navi. I had and sold the quartz Navi and it was a good little watch.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    It’s great that Timex are listening to their customers and making automatic watches again. But to me this is a pretty bland watch. No mention of the type of movement - is it Chinese? At best it’s gonna be a Miyota, and no sapphire either? At £425 I’d say there’s better value to be had elsewhere, not least Seiko, Orient or TimeFactors - ie same or better spec for much less, and probably a more interesting watch too.

Of Timex most recent offerings my favourites have been the mechanical Marlin (not the oversized automatic ones), and the new automatic Navi. I had and sold the quartz Navi and it was a good little watch.
    The movement is 9039 - you need to scroll down a bit

Craftsman
    Think bit expensive for the movement. Also, would have been nice it was smaller.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    It's not bad. Could be a tad smaller, and lose the ruby for my tastes, but it's half decent, and not bad value for money either.

Master
    Well I like it, and would be happy with the size. In this day and age the price doesn’t seem to excessive. I guess as with most things, you can’t please everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Speaking of dull, if you're going to be rude about every single new release that someone starts a thread about, could you please think of some better insults?

Master
    That's quite nice. For the money it could do with a date window.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I like the sides of the case, but not too sure it would look good filled with other people's DNA - perhaps a watch that needs to be bought new 
    Apparently it comes with a small brush for just this purpose, I think that may be a first!

If I hadn't recently spaffed a fair bit of my limited budget up the wall, I'd be tempted by this - I think a lot of thought has gone into creating an elegant watch that isn't just a me-too "tribute" to someone else's design. Particularly love the casework and strap.

Last edited by earlofsodbury; 16th November 2019 at 02:28.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like it clean and simple.

I think that it looks good.

Way too big for my taste though - would have been much better at 36mm or 38mm at a push

Sent from my SM-G970F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    It's nice, but the aesthetics are essentially a rehash of an 80's Seiko with case cut outs for a somewhat optimistic price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

I like it as well. Very clean which may not appeal to all but it is hard to get a minimalistic design right. As said above not sure about the ruby on the dial but overall well done and the case looks quite unique. Hard to tell the finish from some pictures, hope they nailed that. Strap choice is also not a safe one, neat.

Craftsman
    For me it's in the category of like but wouldn't own. I like the look of it and would probably compliment someone if I saw them wearing it, but probably wouldn't buy it myself.

Master
    I wonder if Fred Olsen would ware one. He owns Timex but he's getting on a bit at 90.

Boring, too big and overpriced. Could be argued I'm in the 'would not give it a second look' camp.

The case-side cut-outs remind me of the AP Code 11-59.

As others here have said, I like it but I won't be buying it.

Craftsman
    The dimensions are nice, and thankfully the movement is both hacking and winding, but I agree that the price is a bit steep for Timex usual segment. Perhaps they're trying to move up?

Master
    Blog Entries
    details that could only have come from Giorgio — a high-accuracy automatic movement, a fully-custom case design and a domed K1 mineral

That’s what you are paying for.

I like it. Its clean and almost minimal, without being plain. Hard balance to strike for the most part.

Pricing is off though for the movement though.

Journeyman
    Clean dial - price bit steep tho

Quote Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
    Clean, classic look. Not sure I’d pay the asking price though

https://www.timex.co.uk/giorgio-gall...2U16800GO.html