closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seeking a decent quality no frills monitor

Seeking a decent quality no frills monitor

I'm looking to replace a couple of slightly ageing 22" monitors with one around 28", but I'm getting a bit bogged down by the breadth of choice available, so I was hoping for some recommendations.

I don't play games, stream or process much by way of heavyweight audio video content. The vast majority of my use is textually based - pdf documents and coding mostly. Having now got used to the display on my 15" Quad HD laptop, I'm ideally looking for the same quality on the desktop. Budget wise I'm more interested in value for money than the sticker price, however I don't want to be paying for extras such as sound and games support which I won't be benefiting from.

If anyone can offer any guidance I'd be grateful.

Watching - I edit an A4-size-based car magazine and have just upgraded my PC. A better-size monitor would be lovely.

Master
    I bought a 4k monitor for my office PC about 6 months ago and it was super cheap.

Just checked and it is a Samsung U28E590D

We do a bit of graphic design and video editing on it and its really good. Most of my time is spent on sites like this on it though

It had mixed reviews I think when I bought it but I decided to take a punt as it was cheap enough and its great.

I was looking at monitors recently and quite liked this one:

I also don’t like the versions with frills

HTH

Someone's been modding those slow worms if you ask me.

Just setting up a new HP 27 FW Screen, big improvement and £130 , rather pleased with it. 27" and runs of HDMI and VGA.

Master
    Are you sure you want to go to one screen from two? Many users find it better to have general web/email etc on one screen & dev apps etc on the other. I find the overlapping windows on one scren don't work as well.

If you want the same sort of PQ on a 27" screen as your laptop then you'll probably need to look at 4K screens. Personally I've always liked Dell screens:
    https://www.dell.com/en-uk/work/shop...or-accessories
    https://www.dell.com/en-uk/work/shop...or-accessories

Craftsman
    I run 2 of the Dell ultrasharp monitors, slightly older versions to the ones in the links and they are superb.
    I tend to have email/pdfs on one screen and browsing or CAD on the other. I can spread one image across both screens but the bezels get in the way.
    I have been looking at a Dell 49" wide screen monitor, that would be lovely!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Warning I am not computer savvy.

But I bought this one and I love it,easy to set up colours are good and it looks good itself,comes in a massive box but fits my desk perfect.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1