closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for a watchmaker in the North Wales area

Looking for a watchmaker in the North Wales area

I am hoping somebody has personal experience with a good watchmaker in the North Wales - Chester area. Haywood has recommended his guy in Liverpool but I am hoping there might be someone closer who is good with the usual stuff - Rolex/Tudor/Val 7750 etc.

Joe at Anglesey Watches and Clocks has a solid reputation except he is unresponsive after months of trying to reach him by phone and email.

Cheers,
    Simon

Craftsman
    Might be a bit far but there’s Prestige Watches in Lymm, really good - https://www.prestigetimeservices.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks for the suggestion, Ben. It looks to be about as far as Liverpool so I think I will have to face up to making a couple of trips there before Christmas.

Surprised there hasn't been more suggestions but it confirms what I suspected, I live in an area that seems to lack repairers.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, Ben. It looks to be about as far as Liverpool so I think I will have to face up to making a couple of trips there before Christmas.

Surprised there hasn't been more suggestions but it confirms what I suspected, I live in an area that seems to lack repairers.

Cheers
    I think it’s a general lack of repairers full stop, I imagine most people on here don’t mind posting watches off to trusted repairers?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hayward uses a guy in Liverpool - must be good and reliable - suspect it’s a guy in the city centre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Suds he is near to the city centre.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I think it’s a general lack of repairers full stop, I imagine most people on here don’t mind posting watches off to trusted repairers?
    Seems to be Jason, like many trades I suspect its not seen as attractive to young people and opportunities to train in an apprenticeship are scarce.

I really would like to drop the watches off myself and chat with the repairer about the work, but failing that, it looks like I need to look into insured postage options as a few are over £5k. I have struggled with this in the past.

Thanks for the replies

Bumping this one time in case somebody with a recommendation missed it. I have pretty much drawn a blank.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I can always drop it off for you when I’m passing if it helps

Journeyman
    I've spoken with Joe at AW&C twice in the last month, he currently has a watch of mine for service. I know he has reduced his working hours as a result of a health issue, and is generally busy so can be tricky to reach. I didn't bother with email, just telephone, had to try several times before I got an answer. He certainly seems to have no shortage of work!

In the abscence of other options, persevering with him might be worthwhile.

Thats good to hear, I am glad that he is still going. I must have tried calling or texting at least a dozen times. Would you have any idea what days he is working? It would be ideal if I could get hold of Joe and have the work done locally by someone with such a solid reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    I can always drop it off for you when I’m passing if it helps
    Thats very kind thanks Suds. As it happens we are off to Liverpool airport tomorrow and I tried to get something set up with Haywood's guy but no good. Do you make the trip very often?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Thats very kind thanks Suds. As it happens we are off to Liverpool airport tomorrow and I tried to get something set up with Haywood's guy but no good. Do you make the trip very often?
    No probs really - I can always tie it in with a visit to relatives so could drop off and collect at a later date.

Thanks Suds, the offer is appreciated. If I cant get a conversation going with Joe I will drop you a PM soon

Cheers

Journeyman
    As far as I know his hours are as per the website, so 10-4 with half day tues and closed sun/thurs. Both times I got him was mid/late morning.

Thanks, I will start the chase again!