closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Transferring purchase history (WoS group) / Rolex related

Transferring purchase history (WoS group) / Rolex related

I’ve made the thread title perfectly clear so the people who hate Rolex threads can scroll past :)

Has anyone had any luck transferring a purchase history? I’ve recently moved to a new part of the country and would rather purchase from a new local AD (WoS group). I wouldn’t have minded travelling back to the old AD to buy my watches, by the people I was dealing with have all moved on anyway.

Will I be starting from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    I’ve made the thread title perfectly clear so the people who hate Rolex threads can scroll past :)

Has anyone had any luck transferring a purchase history? I’ve recently moved to a new part of the country and would rather purchase from a new local AD (WoS group). I wouldn’t have minded travelling back to the old AD to buy my watches, by the people I was dealing with have all moved on anyway.

Will I be starting from scratch?
    Haven't you sort of answered your own question? You suggest your purchase history is no longer even with the store you bought from as the staff have all moved away. So transferring that now seemingly forgotten purchase history to another location may be somewhat of a challenge, given it's only recalled by the staff?

Master
    Assuming the old AD is also part of WoS group, it may depend on how recent your history was with them. They are all connected online now. A watch I purchased from Goldsmiths before they were even part of WoS showed up in M&W records and counted towards “my history with the group”. Similarly, WoS were able to look up what items I had bought from Goldsmiths and M&W. Apparently WoS were also able to see which watch I had registered my interest in at M&W but I am not sure if that part was just meant to tell me what I wanted to hear.
    Last edited by FK77; 14th November 2019 at 00:14.

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    Assuming the old AD is also part of WoS group, it may depend on how recent your history was with them. They are all connected online now. A watch I purchased from Goldsmiths before they were even part of WoS showed up in M&W records and counted towards “my history with the group”. Similarly, WoS were able to look up what items I had bought from Goldsmiths and M&W. Apparently WoS were also able to see which watch I had registered my interest in at M&W but I am not sure if that part was just meant to tell me what I wanted to hear.
    I’m confident my purchase history will be on their computer system as they have been within the last 12 months. I’m just wondering whether they’ll look at that and add me to the list for future models (which the old AD quite easily) or whether they’ll treat me as a completely new customer. I’d imagine this would vary across different stores, but I’m keen to hear if anyone has had similar experience. Cheers

Probably depends in part on whether your new AD is in a major city or a small town.

Master
    If I wasn’t clear, I meant that I was told they would consider all my history at other stores. Whether or not I will get the watch they claim I’m on the waiting list for, I can’t be sure. But no, I haven’t moved and all the shops I have bought from are in the same region.

Craftsman
    I made a purchase from Fraser Hart recently and they said "oh have you shopped with us before?".

Turned out I'd bought a strap there years ago.

Go in and ask if you're on the system. That way they will check for you, see all the money you've thrown away over the years, and realise they got emselves another sucker...

I'm joking of course.

Master
    WoS group have a CRM system which allows them to check your purchase history with the group, as well as the individual AD. To be frank, I don’t think it matters whether they know your purchase history or not, it seems to come down to luck and timing.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    WoS group have a CRM system which allows them to check your purchase history with the group, as well as the individual AD. To be frank, I don’t think it matters whether they know your purchase history or not, it seems to come down to luck and timing.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I think you’re right. Unfortunately I’ve moved to London which doesn’t bode well!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I made a purchase from Fraser Hart recently and they said "oh have you shopped with us before?".

Turned out I'd bought a strap there years ago.

Go in and ask if you're on the system. That way they will check for you, see all the money you've thrown away over the years, and realise they got emselves another sucker...

I'm joking of course.
    This made me chuckle.

Master
    And in London, you've got much more competition from the tourists looking to hoover up anything that ticks!