closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Today’s conundrum 70 into 68

Today’s conundrum 70 into 68

Kitchen fit proceeding today.

Came down to make tea and heard the fitter talking to the designer.

Seemingly he has ‘designed’ a 720mm tall freezer to fit into a 680mm high opening.

Solution is to cut out the bottom shelf, mount the cooker above on brackets and it will fit!

Clearly an unacceptable solution. My question to anyone who might know as I have scoured the internet, is if all integrated freezers are 720, then presumably this is a standard size that would be accommodated by the kitchen manufacturers cabinets and door panels?

If my assumption is correct a new cabinet with a 720 opening plus matching fronts is all that is required here? The fact this will translate into 2 new cabinets and 7 new door panels to match the new size is not a solution the supplier has offered, for obvious reasons.

Is a 720 freezer cabinet with oven cavity above exist? It’s made by Kitchen Stori if that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a filler front panel between the top of the freezer and the bottom of the oven? If so, surely all you need is a differently sized panel?

I think your measurements might be wrong.

Surely a freezer is taller than 72cm high?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    I think your measurements might be wrong.

Surely a freezer is taller than 72cm high?
    I've just measured mine. It's 720mm aka 72cm

It’s deffo 720mm, 20mm of it is a piece of sprung metal used to fix the appliance to the cabinet.

874 does seem more of a standard height integrated freezer though.

An 874 freezer plus oven plus cupboard would do, no idea if this is even feasible.

I’ve never seen this combination before,oven and microwave in the same unit yes ,but 2 appliances that are totally different,I.e one gets hot the other is trying to stay cold .
    I’ve also never seen a freezer in a tall unit,most are usually around 820 with a 720 door and you lift it up on a panel ,as the legs don’t usually adjust that much.