closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Speedmaster 42mm Moonwatch Anni Ltd

Omega Speedmaster 42mm Moonwatch Anni Ltd

My work colleague will retire next year and asked me what I thought of the above and if it would be an investment?

I replied I think it is an absolute cracker but how long is a piece of string in terms of the investment?!

https://www.mappinandwebb.com/Omega-...01/p/17331592/

A nice problem to have though!

Craftsman
    Not an investment whatsoever. But if he likes it buy it

Master
    Blog Entries
    In my opinion it would be a bad investment as there were to many released (6969 I think)

How about trying to find an omega Ultraman?

Craftsman

100th anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Danpd View Post
    Not an investment whatsoever. But if he likes it buy it

Maybe after the 100th Anniversary model release the 50th might make a decent return.

With WF etc etc currently paying under retail for these and the flood of them on Chrono24, just seems to be too many made to make it an unmissable edition, add in, that what buyers wanted for the 50th was the 321 movement not Aldrin’s butt. I think the 50th has some nice features but not great ones and that is the let down on what should have been a knockout piece.

The Speedmaster 50th appears to be as big a let down to buyers as the Heuer Monaco Anniversary pieces. The manufacturers are a victim of their own making, having jumped on this limited edition band wagon for the past number of years they have just diluted the meaning of limited edition.

I love it. It will always be worth money but who knows if it will be a great 'investment' - i.e. rise in value.

If he likes it and can afford it then he could do worse.

I can't see how a watch which has nearly 7000 pieces in a run will be an investment. That isn't exactly "limited" in my eyes.

That would usually be true but Bond Seamaster in a 10007 edition still sell for far more than the standard models, and well above the original asking price. Now, I'm not saying your money wouldn't have been better invested elsewhere, but...
    It's just a matter of time...

If he likes Speedmasters and wants an investment then I would go vintage at that price, the watch in the link will probabley takes years to come good as an investment and if he's at retirement age now then whats the point!

Personally for that budget I would be looking at something like a 1967 pre moon with 321 movement and dot over 90 bezel, 5 years from now it could easily be worth 30-50% more.