closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC diver strap options

Master
    Blog Entries

CWC diver strap options

I’m excited at the prospect of my first CWC diver courtesy of Chris. I would love to see your diver together with any suggested NATO strap options!

Hi Gav,

Congrats, they're a fantastic watch and one of my personal favourites. I've tried numerous strap options on mine but for my taste the black NATO always works best, also use a Pheonix grey and a silver Seatbelt type but don't have any pics with me of those.

The MN isn't quite right for my taste.

Enjoy it when it arrives.

You can have any colour you like as long as it grey

Enjoy the watch they are a great everyday wear.

Master
    Bark & Jack NATOs are very good quality & valuewise.

Master
    '96 CWC on 90s 18mm grey nato strap

Rubber nato,

This is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some great pics and ideas guys .. keep them coming!

I am another Erika's MN convert. I got the old style for fixed bars and really like that I can wear the watch with nothing between my wrist and the case back. I have three CWCs and all are on MNs now. My second favorite strap for a CWC is a Haveston canvas strap or a TF coyote strap with the old style hardware.

Two MNs and a TimeFactors coyote strap

MN old style for fixed bars

A Haveston canvas strap and a Crown and Buckle premium nato. The C&B has a great color but is a bit stiff and plastic feeling.

Ive had a few of these and quite likes the OE nato that they came with.

Ive tried a number of other options including leather...….

…..but found a Eulit Panama perlon strap by far the best thing.

Master

On duty with one of Eddie's green natos I've had for an age. Its ageing really well and looks ace on the sbs

Master
    Something very appealing about the monin case style, I’ve always wanted one. Maybe one day when I offload some pogues!

I’ve always wanted to see one on the rubber tropic style NATO’s.

The Eulit Panama perlon looks interesting Velorum, particularly in brown, do they keep their shape well ?
    Last edited by Crispin; 14th November 2019 at 22:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    The Eulit Panama perlon looks interesting Velorum, particularly in brown, do they keep their shape well ?
    Yes, I have found that they keep their shape very well unlike the none genuine Eulit ones which are floppy affairs in my experience.

Sent from my SM-G970F using TZ-UK mobile app

The original, of course: Phoenix 20mm NATO in admiralty grey. Mike sells seconds on ebay under the username mickie500

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Pho...-/383171468109

Not a CWC diver but a Zeno Broadarrow.

Mine is on a Horween leather strap, if you dont plan on swimming with the watch I think its a very comfortable option. I have tried a CWC diver before and used a variety of straps, I found the Perlon straps to be uncomfortable to wear and not too secure for the watch. The phoenix watch straps didnt seem to have much life in them and quickly looked worn. Both had the issue of potentially leaving marks on the rear of the case which a leather strap isnt going to do. I also had a brown leather NATO from watch gecko but it was a bit too thick this being thin is perfect for the watch.

If you do plan to go diving with the watch or swimming there is also the Italian rubber NATO straps from watch gecko, I have found them to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    The phoenix watch straps didnt seem to have much life in them and quickly looked worn.
    I prefer CWC's own brand NATOs to Phoenix. They sell both on their site.

Where did that suede NATO come from? I quite like the look of that. I've got a Tanner Bates leather NATO (from watchobsession) which was fairly expensive, but it's also extremely thin, comfortable and looks good. I only wear it occasionally, so I don't know how hard-wearing it will be long term. So far so good though.

I'm planning to buy one of the CWC own-brand leather NATOs as well, but haven't got around to it yet. I'd imagine those are reasonable quality for the price. They look a bit thicker than TB, but presumably still suit CWC watches.

For a leather nato I highly recommend a kangaroo strap. The leather is as thin and comfortable as a nylon nato and is very tough, it does not stretch. Be aware it the lighter colors do seem to hold and show water stains so not something to get wet unless you don't mind it looking worn.

You can also use a two piece leather strap made for fixed bars such as the Jurgens rivet strap shown below.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I prefer CWC's own brand NATOs to Phoenix. They sell both on their site.

Where did that suede NATO come from? I quite like the look of that. I've got a Tanner Bates leather NATO (from watchobsession) which was fairly expensive, but it's also extremely thin, comfortable and looks good. I only wear it occasionally, so I don't know how hard-wearing it will be long term. So far so good though.

I'm planning to buy one of the CWC own-brand leather NATOs as well, but haven't got around to it yet. I'd imagine those are reasonable quality for the price. They look a bit thicker than TB, but presumably still suit CWC watches.
    Watch Gecko for the suede NATO. Dont know if they still have them its comfortable just a bit thick in comparison to the other watch strap

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Watch Gecko for the suede NATO. Dont know if they still have them its comfortable just a bit thick in comparison to the other watch strap
    Cheers, doesn't look like they sell the suede ones anymore :(

WRT Perlon, has anyone tried the Zuludiver? It's on sale at Watchgecko for the next week:

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver...ustable-buckle

Personally I suspect these are normally a bit overpriced, so the sale probably just brings them down to a more sensible cost. The hardware looks better quality than Eulit though. I'm not sure about the "footprint" pattern, but the plain ones look OK.

WG sales do tend to be fairly legit when it comes to discontinued lines, although I don't think that's what these are. I did pick up some proper bargains last year. If I spot anything else to make it worth the postage cost, I might take a punt on one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    WRT Perlon, has anyone tried the Zuludiver? It's on sale at Watchgecko for the next week:

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver...ustable-buckle

Personally I suspect these are normally a bit overpriced, so the sale probably just brings them down to a more sensible cost. The hardware looks better quality than Eulit though. I'm not sure about the "footprint" pattern, but the plain ones look OK.

WG sales do tend to be fairly legit when it comes to discontinued lines, although I don't think that's what these are. I did pick up some proper bargains last year. If I spot anything else to make it worth the postage cost, I might take a punt on one of these.
    I've tried the Timefactors perlon nato on mine and it just didn't look right to me. Sorry don't have any pics, can take one the weekend if requested.