closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Rolex Boutique, Leeds

New Rolex Boutique, Leeds

Prestons have moved to new premises in the Victoria Gate centre from Commercial St , so persuaded Mrs T to go to visit on prospect of a glass of Champagne and nibbles!
    As to be expected nothing ss sport wise on show but managed to try on a GMT Master , though was told it was a “display” piece (?) , looked good and Mrs T now fancying a Oyster 34mm.
    I’ve succumbed and have an “expression of interest “ in a Milgauss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Is that not a WG GMT? The oyster bracelet is the giveaway - I think!

You should be able to get a Milgauss at list. There are occasional sightings in AD windows even these days.

Nice New fancy boutique same allocation in Rolex more people on weekend in the busy Victoria gate to tell they cannot have nothing in steel we have a nice DJ36mm or oyster perpetual

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Nice New fancy boutique same allocation in Rolex more people on weekend in the busy Victoria gate to tell they cannot have nothing in steel we have a nice DJ36mm or oyster perpetual

My heart bleeds for you........try writing a nice letter to Santa telling him what you’d like for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    My heart bleeds for you........try writing a nice letter to Santa telling him what you’d like for Christmas.
    Wouldn't you be a bit miffed if your unofficial Omega parts supplier stopped providing you with what your customers needed because they'd decided to only supply a bigger outfit with a higher spend?

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    No need Santa been plenty time years gone by and looked after me

Craftsman
    Looks like a lovely shop

Yeah

Red face

Inspirational business plan, open a shop with no stock. Might catch on !

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Is that not a WG GMT? The oyster bracelet is the giveaway - I think!

You should be able to get a Milgauss at list. There are occasional sightings in AD windows even these days.
    Yeah , going on £28000 price tag , though the person we were being shown them by said it was a none working display piece.
    You never know I might even get "the call" , eventually! . I was thinking of an Explorer 1 but after getting the Everest last November
    I actually prefer the dial on Eddie's version , the printed numbers and markers compared to applied ones , which would be on a
    earlier version and at silly money.

Quote Originally Posted by PD1 View Post
    Was thinking the exact same thing 👍

Also a lot more money in rent to where they was and half million kit out to say we can put you on a "expressed interest list sir" if you like. What's the sense in that

Master
    Blog Entries
    Also a lot more money in rent to where they was and half million kit out to say we can put you on a "expressed interest list sir" if you like. What's the sense in that

I guess the only sane conclusion is they sell a load of DJs and OPs.

Grand Master
    I was in Leeds on Friday, saw the notice advertising the opening of the new store. The irony wasn’t lost on me, a new store opening that'll have a very limited amount of stock to display. Also popped into Watchfinder to discuss a potential watch sale, had an interesting discussion, but the lack of actual watches on site for sale is somewhat bizarre. Another example of a shop with no stock on site, in the most expensive retail area in the city, seems crazy to me.

I’m sure there’s an element of frustration for those who have several £K available for a Rolex but can’t buy the model they want because its not available, but perhaps they should embrace the alternative and start wanting something else? I still believe that much of the ‘demand’ is fuelled by the lack of availability, people want what they can’t get, it’s a human characteristic that afflicts some more than others.

My enthusiasm for continuing to own any Rolex watches is waning, I have one I’ll never part with (sentimental value) and another I keep purely because its value is rising......which can’t go on forever.

New Rolex Boutique, Leeds

I was wondering when it was eventually going to open. I’d decided they were waiting for stock, so sometime next century. Fortunately I can buy a nice DJ even nearer to home, so no need for me to visit the great metropolis. Kind of looking forward to how they’ve filled the place though.

BTW, the Watchfinder thing is indeed bizarre but I think it’s driven by fear of theft rather than having nothing worthy of purchase oop north. Lots of shops around that area are facing similar problems (and high rent, etc). Shame as I used to like a good peruse and the occasional giggle at some prices.

Last edited by NCC66; 12th November 2019 at 20:52.

I walked by this shop earlier in the week and wondered what stock they would have on opening day. I’m guessing plenty of gold stuff and not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post

BTW, the Watchfinder thing is indeed bizarre but I think it’s driven by fear of theft rather than having nothing worthy of purchase oop north. Lots of shops around that area are facing similar problems (and high rent, etc). Shame as I used to like a good peruse and the occasional giggle at some prices.

I believe that they did have couple of raids and being close to the Boar Lane end of the arcade
    It made easy get-away for the thieves , might be an insurance thing not having stock on display
    or on the premises.

well its nice to think we have a dedicated Rolex boutique here in our little hick town I mean its not London is it , LOL also for someone to think we poor folk up north have a bit of spare brass to blow on frivolities, , even if there is no desirable watches to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch1956 View Post
    well its nice to think we have a dedicated Rolex boutique here in our little hick town I mean its not London is it , LOL also for someone to think we poor folk up north have a bit of spare brass to blow on frivolities, , even if there is no desirable watches to buy.
    We used to have the first Rolex Boutique outside of London in our Prestons, the original. Unfortunately our council did not listen to the store and they relocated. It broke my heart.

Craftsman

Quick buck

“I still believe that much of the ‘demand’ is fuelled by the lack of availability, people want what they can’t get, it’s a human characteristic that afflicts some more than others.”

Quote from Walkerwek above but my own thoughts are when you look at Chrono24 and the usual dealer suspects with brand new unworn etc etc, is that Rolex/Patek availability is fuelled currently by people looking to make a fast buck. Take these people out of the market and I do not believe you would see the current Rolex mania.

Craftsman
    Suppose they must be making money to fund the move! Suppose no watches are sitting around anymore so there selling almost everything that comes in straight away !

Quite a few Leeds folk on here. I’m in Leeds too, although not a Yorkshireman.

The Goldsmiths opposite Preston’s used to carry Rolex til a couple of months ago, but apparently Rolex wanted one bespoke outlet and Preston’s got the gig. The Goldsmiths now has a large Tudor window where the Rolex stuff used to be. The WatchFinder shop in Victoria Quarter used to have more stock on show, but it got raided about 2 years ago and now has virtually none, just a locked door and a bloke behind a counter!

Did Berrys in VQ not do Rolex?

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post

Think they used to , now just the odd pre owned now.. they do patek ,breitling , tag , omega as far as I’m aware

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post

Berrys haven’t sold Rolex for a few years, they lost the Rolex brand when they were (allegedly) caught supplying the grey market........that’s what I was told by a reliable source!

Or, open a shop with stock nobody wants. It worked for Reginald Perrin with Grot Shops.