closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SPB077J1 On strap

SPB077J1 On strap

Hi folks

I tried one of these on recently at the local jewellers. I was pleased with how it felt, much smaller than the dimensions suggest.

However I’m not that keen on bracelets and wondered how it would look on a strap - nato, rubber or sailcloth etc.

It’s hard to find pics and I’m not very knowledgeable about the super catchy Seiko naming structure so found it a bit confusing using an image search.

Anyone here able to help? I suppose I’m wondering about those lugs, will they look a bit chunky when not on a bracelet?

I’d probably put it in a plan black rubber hirsch pure or maybe a seiko waffle so pictures would be great!

Thanks

I have an SPB079 which I wear on bracelet and on a Seiko waffle strap. It would be worth checking Instagram for the hashtags. Can search by #mm200 and #spb077 or #spb079.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I have an SPB079 which I wear on bracelet and on a Seiko waffle strap. It would be worth checking Instagram for the hashtags. Can search by #mm200 and #spb077 or #spb079.
    Thanks but that's the sort of ambiguity that I find confusing - people saying hey check out the SRP670s06 and the japanese issue SJ765js8767. Forgive me but I just want to see pictures of that actual watch on a strap - it took a long time for me to find which model it was that I tried on, compounded by the fact there seems to be a JDM model number as well as a code for everyone else...

Thanks though I'll try instagram even though I loathe the platform I suppose it might have a use!

I've given up on Seiko using different references for the JDM models, it's too confusing.

SPB077 = black bezel and bracelet = £999.
    SPB079 = blue bezel and rubber = £799.

I had both and kept 079. When I sold the 077 I kept the bracelet as I prefer the blue bezel and wanted to try it on the bracelet.

John Lewis recently had the 077 for £500 in a sale and I've seen them about for £800 or so so do keep an eye on prices if you want either model. From memory my 079 was £611 delivered from a bricks and mortar shop in Milton Keynes.

Instagram is useful when searching hashtags.

Thanks for that, it helps me narrow down what I’m looking for. I like the black bezel so will keep an eye out for a used one or a good deal though I’d like to use my local shop too. I wonder if they’d let me try it on a strap if I take one in...

I took a SPB053 in trade the other week that had the bracelet from the Black dial Watch bought as an additional extra. I think it looked so much better on the bracelet, but the original Blue rubber divers straps were included. The dial and the bezel seemed to change colour in different light from a real dark blue to a lovely light metallic blue. A few images seeing as none have been posted. I sold the Watch on SC shortly after receiving it.

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Hi folks

I tried one of these on recently at the local jewellers. I was pleased with how it felt, much smaller than the dimensions suggest.

However I’m not that keen on bracelets and wondered how it would look on a strap - nato, rubber or sailcloth etc.

It’s hard to find pics and I’m not very knowledgeable about the super catchy Seiko naming structure so found it a bit confusing using an image search.

Anyone here able to help? I suppose I’m wondering about those lugs, will they look a bit chunky when not on a bracelet?

I’d probably put it in a plan black rubber hirsch pure or maybe a seiko waffle so pictures would be great!

Thanks
    I have a black one arriving tomorrow on a bracelet. Much prefer straps. It will be going straight on to a Tropic. I'll post a a pick tomorrow evening.

Regards
    Gerard

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

Master
    On a Yellow Dog rubber nato.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    I have a black one arriving tomorrow on a bracelet. Much prefer straps. It will be going straight on to a Tropic. I'll post a a pick tomorrow evening.

Regards
    Gerard

Why didn't you get the blue bezel model instead if you don't like bracelets?

Crafter blue have confirmed that they will have their rubber strap on sale from the 1st quarter of 2020 specifically for the 077/079 etc models.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 11th November 2019 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Why didn't you get the blue bezel model instead if you don't like bracelets?
    I have the blue bezel SPB079 on the strap which I put onto a waffle strap immediately....looks so much better. TBH I think these watches are better on classic straps.
    I prefer the classic look of the SPB051 in black and got what I thought was a really good deal.

I tried mine on a big hole tropic…

It was OK but I prefer it on the bracelet.

I really want a MM300 waffle strap for it but it will probably too long.

I did try it on an Isofrane but didn't take any pics. I might try it again this week and post a pic.

Thanks guys. I think the 20mm lug width looks quite small compared to the chunky case - I’m used to a Longines Legend Diver shape but I do like a strap that tapers from 22 to 18mm. Keep the pics coming!! The side profile on that big hole tropic looks pretty nice I think

I've just discovered this so thought I'd give it a go:

Uncle Seiko tyre tread strap. The SPB077 is near enough to a 6159-7001

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I've just discovered this so thought I'd give it a go:

Uncle Seiko tyre tread strap. The SPB077 is near enough to a 6159-7001
    That does look cool. I have an Uncle Seiko Waffle on my 6519-7001.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    I have the blue bezel SPB079 on the strap which I put onto a waffle strap immediately....looks so much better. TBH I think these watches are better on classic straps.
    I prefer the classic look of the SPB051 in black and got what I thought was a really good deal.

Fair. I do like the SPB051 but it reminds me too much of the 62MAS/SLA017 which I'm still hoping to get via a WTB here.

Found a photo of mine on a waffle.

I think the crafter blue will look great when released as it will fit tight to the watch case.

Arrived this morning and put on a Tropic type strap. Really like it. Sorry not the best photo.

Master
    I have the 053 on a sailcloth strap which suits it well.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

I put the SPB077 on an Uncle Seiko tyre tread rubber today if the OP's interested.

It's one of the cheaper (harder) versions so I needed to do the coffee cup/boiling water trick. Fits lovely now