closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Music Streaming for Teenagers

Music Streaming for Teenagers

My 16 year old daughter would like a music streaming service. We’ve just looked at Spotify and Apple Music and neither will offer her a student rate because she’s in sixth form rather than college. She qualifies for student discount everywhere else but apparently sixth form isn’t recognised be music streaming sites.

The price would have been a fiver a month rather than £10 which is obviously a big difference.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to solve this conundrum for around the £5 a month please?

Many thanks.

Master
    Has she got any mates that also want Spotify? Just asking as I have the Spotify family package which gives 6 accounts and share it with my mate which then halves the costs. Very easy to do👍

Haven't you got a Spotify account? You can share but not listen on two devices at the same time. My son listens to my account as long as I'm not.

Other than that, it's an extra £5 per month? Two less coffees per month?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    My 16 year old daughter would like a music streaming service. We’ve just looked at Spotify and Apple Music and neither will offer her a student rate because she’s in sixth form rather than college. She qualifies for student discount everywhere else but apparently sixth form isn’t recognised be music streaming sites.

The price would have been a fiver a month rather than £10 which is obviously a big difference.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to solve this conundrum for around the £5 a month please?

Many thanks.
    Looking at the Spotify Student terms you have to be 18. It's meant for students in higher education, not college/sixth form. Are you a subscriber? If you are, the previous suggestion of a family plan is the way to go.

All her mates already have it and sharing an account won’t work as they’ll want to listen at the same time.

Spotify student discount is only for 3 or 4 years not for as long as you're a student so if you get it now it will make it harder later.

Two options:
    1. Get it free with certain Vodafone plans
    2. Get a family pass or be part of a family pass and chip in to minimise the cost.

I have it free as part of Vodafone. £20 per month unlimited calls and texts and 20gb of data. Good value.

Isn't there. Free version with adverts she can have?

Amazon Prime Music for Prime members is £7.99 a month.

Thanks for all your help, I’ll consider all of it. At the end of the day I might just have to get it for her.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    All her mates already have it and sharing an account won’t work as they’ll want to listen at the same time.
    If you get the family pack then 6 people can listen at the same time.

Master
    YouTube? Radio? If she wants it offline, then she could just buy the stuff she likes.

She's 16, I'm sure she is capable of sorting something out herself, even if it working the 2 hours a month that's required to pay full whack.

Thereay be work arounds, but there is nothing wrong with making kids understand the realities of life.

Deezer are doing three months free at the minute . Sign up and then cancel so you don’t forget.

Thanks. She has a part time job and already pays for her phone contract. She’s very bright and savvy and can sort such things for herself, I just thought the TZ collective might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    YouTube? Radio? If she wants it offline, then she could just buy the stuff she likes.

She's 16, I'm sure she is capable of sorting something out herself, even if it working the 2 hours a month that's required to pay full whack.

Thereay be work arounds, but there is nothing wrong with making kids understand the realities of life.

Shop at Aldi or Lidl every other week. Save a fiver (and more) and put that towards the cost.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Craftsman
    Try 3 months free...
    https://www.spotify.com/uk/family/

Thanks everyone. It appears £9.99 a month is what it costs so il get it for her. I’ll take the three month fee trial too.

She’s a great kid so I don’t mind ;)

Cheers.