closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any panerai luminor due or 1940 owners?

Master

Any panerai luminor due or 1940 owners?

I know panerai isnt as sought a brand as it used to be but i have always retained a soft spot for them. I have had a few, 45mms luminors, 45mm radiomirs and a couple of 45mm 1950s autos.

In most cases i have ended up parting with them because i find them just a little too bulky.

As is my wont i have been eyeing up a panerai again and the conclusion i am now at is that a due or 1940s might make more sense.

id still want a 45mm i think.

any owners with any feedback to give?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I had a 40s case 662. Wore fine for me, a lot smaller than its sibling the 663.
    Ive never had a due as not really a fan.
    I think really though, if you're planning on buying don't do it blind as one persons "fits fine" is another persons dinner plate depending on wrist size.

try loads on,my 753 is 45mm and I must admit it feels great on the wrist,very comfortable.better than the 372

Agree with others, try lots. For instance the regular 44mm Luminor wore much better than the 1950s version, despite most people believing the latter was more comfortable.

I personally find the 45mm normal Rads to be the best wearing, the subs are also pretty comfortable - especially the 47mm ones.

I was a massive fan of the 45 mm Rads, until I tried the 1940s cased 512. On my sub-7 inch wrist it’s absolutely perfect.

As suggested, try them all. However, read up on the Due range so you know what you’d be buying.

Journeyman
    I don’t have both due and 1940 but I’ve tried them before

Personally I find the wire lugs radiomirs to be the most comfortable whether in 40,42,44,45 or 47mm with regular Bettarini luminor in 44mm,for 1950 case,the 47mm case fits much better than the smaller ones

I find the 1940 to be a bit like luminor 1950 but a bit thinner

The due,OTOH,feels weird...the thin-ness of the case made it fit a bit awkwardly on my wrist,sort of like a pancake

Craftsman
    My two pence worth
    Radiomar
    Wire lug models feel better on the wrist
    But even among these there is a difference in feel
    For me the 753/754 is almost perfect the 609 is a bit thicker i havnt tried 47mm though
    Luminor
    The 1959 case is bigger on the wrist than other luminors
    At the moment i have a 913 and a 1351 the 913 feels much smaller
    I have tried the duos on
    The 42mm was too small and the 45mm just didnt feel wright
    Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 42mm due, which is the watch that gets the most comments. It is beautiful and slim, but the strap feels too small. I think the dues are crying out for a slimline steel bracelet so that they fill the date just market.

I have the 45mm 729 - great watch and the blue sunburst finish really works well particularly in the sunshine. On my 7.25" wrist it wears well.