closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chrono24 still OK...

Master

Chrono24 still OK...

Tried a search, but it brought up too many threads about specific watches, so I'm just quickly checking...I saw a present for my wife for Christmas, on a chrono24 japan seller. The seller and watch comes under the chrono24 'buyer protection' and has lots of good feedback, so this is pretty safe? Seiya doesn't have the watch, but shoppinginjapan does, but it is cheaper on the chrono24 seller.

Hi

have purchased 2 watches (UK) and a few bits EU all arrived safe and sound

I only bought from approved / sellers with CH24 Buyer protection

essentially you pay CH24 to their bank acc (like escrow) they acknowledge funds have been received ....then you wait for vendor to send item

once you are happy with goods CH24 send money to vendor

if you feel uncomfortable ring CH24 they are very helpful

Out of interest, I have just bought a watch from Shopping in Japan and the experience was great, loads of communication etc.

I have also bought from Chrono24 and it is probably one of the safest platforms around. As said, you buy the watch, the money is deposited in their escrow account, seller instructed to send the Watch, you confirm receipt and then you are asked are you happy with everything and can we release your money to the seller.

Both of the above are completely spot on.

Journeyman
    I bought 3 or 4 watches through C24 , I never had any problem though I read on some forums several people telling that C24 provides no guarantee at all, if the watch is not as described , or has a problem when you receive it.

My 2 cents,

Regards,

Journeyman
    I've made a handful of purchases through Chrono24 and all worked out fine. If you're allowed to purchase through C24's site, it adds to the likelihood that the seller is legit. If not, I've searched outside of c24 to see if they have a brick and mortar presence.

won't you get hit with import duty from Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    Yes, 20% vat and couriers fees £12 to £20 depending who carries it in the U.K.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Handy thread this,been looking at a watch on this platform today.

Craftsman
    I’ve purchased one watch this year and as others have said all went smooth,

The watch was in impeccable condition as was the boxes, papers and supporting bumf.

Process is robust and reassuring - consequently it probably discourages chancers as you have the opportunity to inspect your delivered goods before releasing payment.

Certainly would use again and would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    best to factor it in but I did not for the purchase of my Gs, from omicron watches, japan, comms were very good and in English
    I do wonder how it would have worked out if I was not happy & needed to return it though?

Master
    Thanks for replies folks, I figured as much and I am sure there was another similar thread, but this was re-assuring; I would only use a seller that came under the buyer protection (and yes, I know about the VAT thing). Thanks for the help!

Craftsman
    My issue has never been the thousands of satisfied customers but what actually happens if things do go wrong?

Journeyman
    Never mustered courage to buy through C24.
    Buyer protection helps - but cant compare to actually buying from a person you have met or know

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve tried to buy two watches recently from private individuals ,neither have bothered to get back to me ,even tho the latest one shows reserved and I got an email from chrono to that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    My issue has never been the thousands of satisfied customers but what actually happens if things do go wrong?
    Chrono24 make their Buyer Protection pretty simple and accessible, and explain it better than I can be arsed to.

If buying from the EU (and prior to the numerous bullets we've fired at our collective feet finally finding their target and us leaving), then you're backed-up by having the same consumer rights as in the UK (plus you don't have to work-out your tax and duty liabilities).

If from a private individual, as always: Caveat Emptor! The lowest price is rarely the Best price...

FWVLIW, I've used C24 twice to buy from overseas dealers - once in Italy, once in Australia - both transactions were faultless.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    I’ve tried to buy two watches recently from private individuals ,neither have bothered to get back to me ,even tho the latest one shows reserved and I got an email from chrono to that fact.
    Well ,seller got back to me and money changed hands.Hopefully all goes well.

I've recently sold a Rolex on chrono24. I think it could also be possible that the watch has been sold elsewhere / privately not through chrono24. But the website won't let you delete the ad unless it's sold there or past a deadline.

Also, some of the messages I received were quite outrages.. asking for a £2k discount, or where I live that sort of thing

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    I've recently sold a Rolex on chrono24. I think it could also be possible that the watch has been sold elsewhere / privately not through chrono24. But the website won't let you delete the ad unless it's sold there or past a deadline.

Also, some of the messages I received were quite outrages.. asking for a £2k discount, or where I live that sort of thing
    Ah,never thought of that thank you.I had offered the asking price .At least one got back to me.

I often wondered whether the classic eBay scam was rife on C24....you know the one....

Seller sells his 100% genuine Submariner

Buyer receives it and says it’s a fake.

He tells C24 that it’s a fake

C24 tell him to send it back and they then refund his money.

He sends back a fake and keeps the real one.

Buyer has no money and a fake watch.

Does this not happen a lot on C24 as it does on eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    I often wondered whether the classic eBay scam was rife on C24....you know the one....

Gulp.

Good info on this thread 👍

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post

Would seller not have photographs of the original and paperwork to prove what he has been sent is a fake?

Ah,never thought of that thank you.I had offered the asking price .At least one got back to me.
    best of luck!