closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Redbar Bristol?

Craftsman

Redbar Bristol?

Hello

I recently went looking for a group of watch enthusiasts locally who meet in real life, and discovered the Redbar Crew, which started in NY, but now has chapters all over the world, including London and Manchester, but sadly there isn't one where I live in Bristol.

I thought I'd join here and see if there was anything similar, or if anyone was interested in forming a Bristol chapter?

I'd be interested in attending, and helping out, but don't feel like I have either the knowledge, or the collection to start up something like that on my own.

Cheers.

Craftsman
    Welcome aboard. My name is Jason and after about 8-9 years in the hobby I still consider myself very much a newby.
    I went to my first watch meet in Bristol a year ago, organised through here and was quite nervous and didn't know what to bring etc.
    My next meet I organised myself at very short notice and my last meet was in Swindon organised by the Facebook Seiko Passion page. All great fun, all different and all people came with an enthusiasm and no snobbery.
    I don't know what it takes to start a Redbar .... or whether it's worth it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Cheers Jason.

I don't know what it takes either really. I think you contact them via the Redbar Group website, and most of the chapters seem to be predominantly active on Instagram.

I'd guess that, other than the name, casting a wider net than the forum, and the occasional national and international events, there isn't a huge amount to be gained, if there are already local get togethers taking place.

I posted on another thread, so apologies for the repetition, but I'd be interested in attending the next time Bristol folks gather.

Dan.

Master
    I tired to join the Glasgow group but not knowing an existing member and a lack of an Instagram account seems to have resulted in no reply to my request.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I tired to join the Glasgow group but not knowing an existing member and a lack of an Instagram account seems to have resulted in no reply to my request.
    I recently joined the Glasgow redbar group. They do take some time to respond so a few weeks of a wait would be normal in my experience.

Craftsman

First Redbar Bristol meet this Saturday

Nearly here. A good guest for the first one. Hope to see you there. redbarbristol.co.uk

Master
    Really disappointed not to be able to make it. Hopefully there will be some mid-week dates too.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Just joined the NE one and hoping to head along to the first meet at the end of the month. Not really sure what to expect. Good luck with finding a local group.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Really disappointed not to be able to make it. Hopefully there will be some mid-week dates too.

Midweek next time Huw

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Just joined the NE one and hoping to head along to the first meet at the end of the month. Not really sure what to expect. Good luck with finding a local group.
    We've one set up now. RedbarBristol is live.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    Midweek next time Huw

Excellent. Thanks Jason.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Hey Mark I am one of the organisers for RedbarNE, next week is just an informal meet-up, we’ve got a guy from Oris coming along too so a chance to look at some of their collection. Look forward to seeing you next week.