closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anthony Gallo speakers - any users?

Master

Anthony Gallo speakers - any users?

Hey

We’re just in throws of house renovations which gives me channel to install a discrete 5.1 setup in our open plan living room. I’ve Anthony gallo on my radar for a long time now, just wondered if anyone uses them/ installs them for any guidance and advice.

I’ve looked at other options from monitor audio and Kef so any pics of discrete installs would be awesome to see as well

Cheers

Andrew

Master
    I looked at them a few years ago, but ended up with the Monitor Audio radius set up with a rs12 sub. Sounded much better in my view, although was not mounting mine in the ceiling, so the AG May win there visually.

Also their sub is significantly smaller than the MA one, so more wife friendly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEF speakers were our choice as a HiFi dealer. They use Uni-Q drivers which are fairly neutral and have a good wide dispersion of sound. We found Anthony Gallo speakers very clean sounding but a tad on the bright side.
    Monitor Audio are reasonable but I would put B&W ahead of them.Seek out a dealer (take a room plan) that can demo them for you.
    It's very subjective at the end of the day, plus your room acoustics, and positioning will play a part.

I've used 2 Gallo systems over the last few years. One, attached to a receiver ( sub plus 3 speakers) has performed faultlessly, with great sound and ground shaking bass for movies.

The second system has been a real challenge. Set up as stereo+ sub, it has eaten 4 speakers - reduced them to crackly death on one channel and pretty broken on the other. Good news is that the Gallo tech support in Glasgow has been exemplary, replacing the broken units, rebuilding them into different housings, trying different drivers, before working out that it was all down to the sub, which had a fault in it. Working on how to fix that now.

I did buy everything from e-bay, but even so, Gallo has been excellent.

The downstairs (working) system has been great, and copes with a Linn Sondek, Apple TV and Playstation all running through it. Very happy.

I'll be happier still once the upstairs system is as reliable..

( I should say, my wife does crank volume up to ear bursting levels on the upstairs system - we have blown a number of systems over the years.....)

Gallos

I am using 4 micros and an Adiva as centre for my surround sound and they sound very good although I use a large sub with them the beauty of the micros are they are very inconspicuous mine are on walls I’ve used B&W and K4s Keffs etc the Gallos are fine for my ears👍

Master
    Cool. Thanks for all the replies. I’ll take a look at some alternatives and if anyone has any contacts Inn Sheffield area for consultation that would be awesome

Master
    I used the nucleus micros ( 5 plus the sub) for a few years.

I really liked them , brilliant for home cinema , really punch above their weight but the sub was a bit of a let down , the crossover was not that precise and finish up I had to use a berengher feedback destroyer as a parametric equalizer to get the sub tamed.

In fact from memory taking the speaker level outs from the stereo fronts to the sub and letting the crossover handle the split in analogue was much better than using the sub line in from the amp.

Also I had one sub melt down without warning , wasn't even driving it at the time. Huge bloop as the caps ate themselves , terrible mess inside.

The stands and ceiling mounts were crazy money , you could make your own for a couple of quid , the stainless steel stands were quite nice though.

recommend a different sub but the speakers themselves are pretty good.
    Last edited by Mr.D; 12th November 2019 at 14:10.