closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchmaker's screwdrivers.

Hybrid View

Master

Watchmaker's screwdrivers.

Could come one suggest a decent set of screwdrivers. I need something smaller than 1mm for the new Everest bracelet. The Amazon reviews are all over the place. I don't need Bergeon. but also don't want something that will break on first use.

I’ve had a set of AF on a neat carousel that I’ve had years, decent quality and not too expensive.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    use the search function, there was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago and some good suggestions were made.

Master
    Bergeon do some excellent sets with multiple drivers, not cheap but excellent quality.

Grand Master
    Gleaves do a good set for around £40, French made, in a nice wooden box. No point paying more for Bergeon.

Trodden this path very recently.

It's very hard to find anything that isn't chinesium, and having purchased same, I ended-up wasting time and effort with a whet stone grinding the tips straight and true! Even then the temper of the steel was very poor.

Bad tools make jobs harder, pricier and the likelihood of damage much greater. False economy, and I kick myself for forgetting that.

I ended up buying a Bergeon repair kit, but if you want a screwdriver set, I believe Beco Technic do decent stuff that's cheaper than Bergeon and better than the Chinese garbage.

Master
    Blog Entries
    AF french kit is good.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry1975 View Post
    AF french kit is good.
    +1, I buy AF replacement blades in packs of 10 from Cousins

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Could come one suggest a decent set of screwdrivers. I need something smaller than 1mm for the new Everest bracelet. The Amazon reviews are all over the place. I don't need Bergeon. but also don't want something that will break on first use.
    Are you sure you need a sub 1mm screwdriver, seems awfully small for bracelet screws!
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Are you sure you need a sub 1mm screwdriver, seems awfully small for bracelet screws!
    It was for the new Everest and sub 1mm seems to work best. Got a cheap set of Amazon. Quality isn't great but as I'll only use a few times a year, fine for me.

AF are a good do. But l really like the feel and quality of VOH screwdrivers. Once lve dressed the blade properly they're pretty much all l need ever to adjust stuff.