closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Customs fee breakdown for eBay Global Shipping Programme?

Customs fee breakdown for eBay Global Shipping Programme?

Afternoon,

Anyone have any experience of getting a fee breakdown of the import charges from eBay when using the Global Shipping Programme (GSP?)

I ask as I'll need to be sending a watch to Switzerland, and having already paid import charges on the watch through Pitney Bowes, I want to be able to evidence this so I don't have to pay fees once again upon reentry from Switzerland.

Any pointers?

Hugh

I've just used this for the first time, and it will be the last as the extra charges were horrendous.

The actual eBay order receipt shows the item price and then the customs charge, and the PP receipt is split into two payments – one to the seller (item cost) and one Pitney Bowes, (import charge and postage charge).

Is this a return for repair/replacement? I take it there isn't an online form to indicate charges have been paid? Have you asked eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Is this a return for repair/replacement? I take it there isn't an online form to indicate charges have been paid? Have you asked eBay?
    It's for the future when sending to Switzerland for a service. Nothing wrong with the watch at all now - it's lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I've just used this for the first time, and it will be the last as the extra charges were horrendous.

The actual eBay order receipt shows the item price and then the customs charge, and the PP receipt is split into two payments – one to the seller (item cost) and one Pitney Bowes, (import charge and postage charge).

They're not cheap to use, no, but some sellers only use that and won't ship otherwise (if I was in their boat, I'd do the same!).

Like you I have the split of 'price', 'postage' and 'import charges', but that's as granular as it gets. It doesn't specify the actual breakdown of the 'import charges', and that's what I'm after.

The only way I've found to question them, is to open a dispute in PayPal, which automatically triggers two disputes - one with the seller of the item, and one with Pitney Bowes (as the GSP charge recipient). I only want the latter to be triggered, as the seller has been superb.

I've since found a contact at Pitney Bowes specifically for the GSP, so I'm now waiting to hear what they have to say.

Don’t see you need any evidence. Would have thought that coming from and returning to UK is enough.

I’ve used Global Shipping Program and costs didn’t see much worse than doing it any other way TBH.