closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZUK Watch Polishing Service Recommendations?

Craftsman

TZUK Watch Polishing Service Recommendations?

Just acquired the watch below, and for me it's a keeper. However the case could do with a polish. Do any TZUK members offer a polishing service for a reasonable cost?

I've never used a polishing service and my internet searches so far have turned up places in Hatton Garden, etc which I'm guessing won't be cheap (it's not a very expensive watch anyway, so not worth investing heavily in).

PS I tried cape cod, but doesn't appear to have made much of a difference...

I just used Simon Freese, (recommendation from this forum) he was reasonable. But took 18 weeks though.
    My watch came back looking better but I had hoped it would look newer. I’m aware Simon probably does more of a sympathetic polish as the watch in question is a fairly rare piece, and I guess people might get ocd about too much of a heavy polish.

If you do decide to use him it’s worth noting down or calling him and telling him exactly what you want.

Grand Master
    Some watches are relatively easy to refinish, others aren’t. Sometimes it isn’t possible to make a watch look like new again, it all depends how deep the marking/ damage is and ( more importantly) where it is. Damage to edges can be a problem, but in most cases a watch can be made to look far better even if the result isn’t perfect. When I did this work I always used the phrase ‘as far as reasonably practicable’

Refinishing can be a time- consuming job, more so than servicing work, so there will always be a significant cost involved.

Send it Seth The Watch Dealer he will do a good job

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Not sure if SwissTec would do this model but worth contacting them to ask, their refinishing is incredible but they don't do that work on all watches.

Craftsman
    I've not used them, but read good things about them.

http://www.watchworks.co.uk/renovation.html

Just dropped off a couple of watches to William Rice for light polishes yesterday. Whilst I’ve never used him before, he seems to have excellent reviews.