closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tales from the Workshop. An Amphicar!

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Tales from the Workshop. An Amphicar!

Technically not in the workshop for repair. Let me explain:

More than 50% of the workshops time is spent on repairing / restoring classic Jaguars. That's also the reason why the Dutch JDOC members come over for their annual tech meeting. The meeting is tomorrow. It's always nice to have something that people like, e.g. a workshop spot repair, a presentation about spark plugs and ignition etc. This summer one of the JDOC members came over with his XJC. When drinking coffee he told us the he has a bunch of classics next to his classic Jag. Mostly microcars like Messerschmitt, Isetta, Peel and... not so micro... an Amphicar! So, in the middle of the summer, we agreed that he would come over with his Amphicar. Which he did!

We talked to a local farmer who has a large pond on his land and he was (is) more than willing to provide access to the pond, a big Fendt tractor as standby and drive plates (sort of ramps) between the main road and the edge of the pond!

Yesterday, the Jag/Amphicar owner came over with the Amphicar on a trailer behind his daily driver (Tesla X), unloaded the Amphicar and took the car for a 'swim' in the pond. I wasn't there myself, but according to stories today it was a big success!

For now a bunch of pics and I hope to take a few more tomorrow when the Amphicar is swimming again!

Menno

Last edited by thieuster; 9th November 2019 at 14:35.