closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: A very quick SOTC and a request for thoughts...

  1. #51
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    28,443
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Which tells you something about the forum psyche.
    Quite a few watches which draw oohs and aahs on WT spend an unreasonable amount of time on SC. The Garrick from the other thread about an SOTC is another one which might take a while to sell.
    Yes, that's quite commonplace actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I agree this forum has a lot of Rolex fanboys but IMHO the only thing that stopped Tony's GS going is the 35.8mm case size. I was working out how long I needed to be on a diet in order to carry that off :)

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    To be fair I only listed it a couple of days ago. Still, it will be better off remaining in my care

  2. #52
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,806
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, that's quite commonplace actually.



    To be fair I only listed it a couple of days ago. Still, it will be better off remaining in my care
    Agreed but it is so superbly proportioned and also well priced it is an absolute no brainer to buy as a superb dress watch.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  3. #53
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    20
    All beauties, especially like the Grand Seiko

  4. #54
    Master helidoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I agree this forum has a lot of Rolex fanboys but IMHO the only thing that stopped Tony's GS going is the 35.8mm case size. I was working out how long I needed to be on a diet in order to carry that off :)

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    As I appreciate classical sizes, and am fairly slim of wrist, I thought its size was spot on. Itís when an all dial dress watch gets to 39mm, it has reached a point of no return for me.

    Dave


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #55
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    28,443
    So, in the last 24 hours I've withdrawn my GS from sale and bought this (which I've been after for a while now and is JUST what I wanted).



    It's going well, then

  6. #56
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    476
    Love that ALS, the sbgk005 and the 5513. Must ease the pain of the departed that the new arrivals are so so good.

    The VC is a touch too big for my wrist so that would be out and Iíd have kept your lovely navi instead. Pams arenít really my thing, but everything else is quality.

    Re SC, I think we all love admiring a dress watch, but theyíre generally expensive for something rarely worn, hence the WT appreciation but SC tumbleweed.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  7. #57
    Craftsman Megatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    LV426
    Posts
    480
    I recently saw a GO in the flesh - same model that you have. Understated elegance and my favourite of your collection.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #58
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    28,443
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    Love that ALS, the sbgk005 and the 5513. Must ease the pain of the departed that the new arrivals are so so good.

    The VC is a touch too big for my wrist so that would be out and Iíd have kept your lovely navi instead. Pams arenít really my thing, but everything else is quality.

    Re SC, I think we all love admiring a dress watch, but theyíre generally expensive for something rarely worn, hence the WT appreciation but SC tumbleweed.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes, I do understand that dress watches are a more specific market within TZ. The VC, though, is only 40mm (being the first generation of the chrono)

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I recently saw a GO in the flesh - same model that you have. Understated elegance and my favourite of your collection.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is indeed a beauty!

  9. #59
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, I do understand that dress watches are a more specific market within TZ. The VC, though, is only 40mm (being the first generation of the chrono)
    True, I think it was more the lug to lug, which depending on the shape of the lugs seems to have the biggest impact on me.

    Congrats on the new purchase

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •