closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A very quick SOTC and a request for thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Which tells you something about the forum psyche.
    Quite a few watches which draw oohs and aahs on WT spend an unreasonable amount of time on SC. The Garrick from the other thread about an SOTC is another one which might take a while to sell.
    Yes, that's quite commonplace actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I agree this forum has a lot of Rolex fanboys but IMHO the only thing that stopped Tony's GS going is the 35.8mm case size. I was working out how long I needed to be on a diet in order to carry that off :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    To be fair I only listed it a couple of days ago. Still, it will be better off remaining in my care

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, that's quite commonplace actually.

To be fair I only listed it a couple of days ago. Still, it will be better off remaining in my care
    Agreed but it is so superbly proportioned and also well priced it is an absolute no brainer to buy as a superb dress watch.

All beauties, especially like the Grand Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I agree this forum has a lot of Rolex fanboys but IMHO the only thing that stopped Tony's GS going is the 35.8mm case size. I was working out how long I needed to be on a diet in order to carry that off :)

As I appreciate classical sizes, and am fairly slim of wrist, I thought its size was spot on. It’s when an all dial dress watch gets to 39mm, it has reached a point of no return for me.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, in the last 24 hours I've withdrawn my GS from sale and bought this (which I've been after for a while now and is JUST what I wanted).

It's going well, then

Craftsman
    Love that ALS, the sbgk005 and the 5513. Must ease the pain of the departed that the new arrivals are so so good.

The VC is a touch too big for my wrist so that would be out and I’d have kept your lovely navi instead. Pams aren’t really my thing, but everything else is quality.

Re SC, I think we all love admiring a dress watch, but they’re generally expensive for something rarely worn, hence the WT appreciation but SC tumbleweed.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I recently saw a GO in the flesh - same model that you have. Understated elegance and my favourite of your collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    Love that ALS, the sbgk005 and the 5513. Must ease the pain of the departed that the new arrivals are so so good.

The VC is a touch too big for my wrist so that would be out and I’d have kept your lovely navi instead. Pams aren’t really my thing, but everything else is quality.

Re SC, I think we all love admiring a dress watch, but they’re generally expensive for something rarely worn, hence the WT appreciation but SC tumbleweed.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes, I do understand that dress watches are a more specific market within TZ. The VC, though, is only 40mm (being the first generation of the chrono)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I recently saw a GO in the flesh - same model that you have. Understated elegance and my favourite of your collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is indeed a beauty!

Craftsman
    Yes, I do understand that dress watches are a more specific market within TZ. The VC, though, is only 40mm (being the first generation of the chrono)
    True, I think it was more the lug to lug, which depending on the shape of the lugs seems to have the biggest impact on me.

Congrats on the new purchase

A quick update to this thread from November - no plans to change anything in particular, although I do keep my eyes peeled for things that might either fit in well or take the place of an existing watch. I don't seem to be able to get under 10, which I'd really like to do, because there's nothing I'm minded to move on.

Have a lovely Easter weekend, everyone, such as we can. Stay safe.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 12th April 2020 at 15:10.

Master
    Super lineup just now Tony. That GO should definitely stay. I woud just step away from the keyboard and enjoy them, and don't look at anything else (I have this very problem).

If I was to offer an opinion the Tuna isn't my kind of thing, I think a G is a better beater. Got a Casioak for Christmas which I enjoy - and can read without taking my glasses off!

The CWC, Breitling and VC aren't my kind of thing, and with the SD and 2 Subs the GMT feels a bit unnecessary - but that doesn't mean it's not a good complement.

The top 4 plus a beater are a class act and all you would ever need - I guess plus the other Sub and/or SD and the JLC, and... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    Super lineup just now Tony. That GO should definitely stay. I woud just step away from the keyboard and enjoy them, and don't look at anything else (I have this very problem).

If I was to offer an opinion the Tuna isn't my kind of thing, I think a G is a better beater. Got a Casioak for Christmas which I enjoy - and can read without taking my glasses off!

The CWC, Breitling and VC aren't my kind of thing, and with the SD and 2 Subs the GMT feels a bit unnecessary - but that doesn't mean it's not a good complement.

The top 4 plus a beater are a class act and all you would ever need - I guess plus the other Sub and/or SD and the JLC, and... LOL
    Thanks Alun, although interestingly I love the one's that don't appeal to you (VC, Tuna, CWC and Aerospace). I'd also keep both the TT Sub and the GMT over the Sea-Dweller, although not over my old 5513.

Master
    Thanks Alun, although interestingly I love the one's that don't appeal to you (VC, Tuna, CWC and Aerospace). I'd also keep both the TT Sub and the GMT over the Sea-Dweller, although not over my old 5513.
    :) Takes two to make a market.

Interesting how the ceramics beat the SD. I remember when my 16600 was my 'keeper'. That was before the ceramics came along...

Cheers!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

If you need a hand reducing your lot Tony, I’d happily take the 5513 off you.

Always happy to help.

Lovely collection BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    If you need a hand reducing your lot Tony, I’d happily take the 5513 off you.

Always happy to help.

Lovely collection BTW!
    PM sent!