closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help please!? Cyma Navigator from ‘55?

Apprentice

Help please!? Cyma Navigator from ‘55?

Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum and have been recommended by the dutch watch forum to ask my question here.
    So here goes a small introduction:

I’ve been interested in British Military watches for a few months now and came across a nice watch online. It’s supposed to be a Cyma Navigator if i look at the caseback saying: 6B\346. And its supposed to be from 1955... Too my knowlegde watches from 55 didn’t look this modern. See picture below:

For the last few days if been doing some research and couldn't find any information regarding this watch. In my opinion it’s a fake or at least a watch put together from different watches.

So I hope you guys can tell me more about this watch. Or have some information regarding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    RUN.....wash your hands, and your eyes....and your memory....

Apprentice
    Hahaha thanks, I know enough now

You did the right thing to ask. Excellent advice from size11s.

If you are at the beginning, maybe start with a CWC G10 quartz watch from the 80s/90s/00s. Popular, wearable military watches with less risk.

You might want to join

http://www.broadarrow.net/

Never be afraid to ask before buying.

Apprentice
    Thanks for your advice Billy!
    I will check the link you send.

This Cyma really looks like its been put together from differenr from watches. The strange thing is that it does seem too have a Cyma caliber... It looks like a Case from CWC/Hamilton navigator with a Cyma Dail and caliber. See picture below.

Im wondering what you guys think.

Last month I bought my first BMW a G10 from 85 :) A very nice medium fatboy which I really enjoy wearing.
    I was looking too add a much older piece to to my collection but it seems this Cyma watch isn’t the watch Im looking for.

Good choice - CWC G10

Here’s a thread with interesting information on each year of production.

https://www.mwrforum.net/forums/show...Cwc+production

If you are looking for something older, and more expensive, look out for a Smiths W10 or Hamilton 6B from the 1960s (both real beauties), Hamilton or CWC tonneau cased watch from the 1970s (currently popular, but I’m not a fan), or something like a Cyma or Record WWW from 1945. If no luck, have a look at Timefactors’ current re-edition of the Smiths W10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Nice! I was searching for info of the CWC G10 from 85 a few weeks now. Definitely will check out the site you recommended.

Thanks again for all your advice Billy. You’ve made me feel more than welkom at the BMW forum :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Good choice - CWC G10

Here’s a thread with interesting information on each year of production.

https://www.mwrforum.net/forums/show...Cwc+production

If you are looking for something older, and more expensive, look out for a Smiths W10 or Hamilton 6B from the 1960s (both real beauties), Hamilton or CWC tonneau cased watch from the 1970s (currently popular, but I’m not a fan), or something like a Cyma or Record WWW from 1945. If no luck, have a look at Timefactors’ current re-edition of the Smiths W10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Smiths military in black dial is now sold out at TimeFactors. I would also suggest the CWC Mellor-72 mechanical, unfortunately it is sold out for now over at their web site.