closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA Yema Black Friday deals

PSA Yema Black Friday deals

Just had word about Yema Black Friday sale:

https://en.yema.com/collections/black-friday

I couldn't resist a Mysterious Blue Superman auto on bracelet. Works out at about £400 rather than £650, and free shipping
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 8th November 2019 at 12:09.

Craftsman
    Some very good deals there, although it's a shame the Navygraf Heritage isn't among the discounted watches.

I'm confused with the pricing on these:

Page & Cooper (natch) has them at £560

Yema website lists them at €750 = £649

How is P&C doing them so much cheaper than Yema?

I don’t think P&C include VAT. At least they never used to.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I don’t think P&C include VAT. At least they never used to.
    The P&C price includes VAT.

Master
    Yema wouldn’t have put the RRP up on the sale watches would they (surely not!)

I notice the Superman Heritage (not on sale) is roughly the same price (£930 on Sapphire at P&C vs 1099 Euros).

Thanks. I just ordered one of these for a pretty bargainous 240 Euros:

Looks like good value
    Maybe they’ll follow the Christopher ward model,of sales so frequent that no-one ends up paying retail!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Looks like good value
    Maybe they’ll follow the Christopher ward model,of sales so frequent that no-one ends up paying retail!
    Keeps everyone guessing at least, they do make some cracking watches but for every good one there’s at least 5 turds in the lineup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Keeps everyone guessing at least, they do make some cracking watches but for every good one there’s at least 5 turds in the lineup, Yema don’t make the same mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Thanks. I just ordered one of these for a pretty bargainous 240 Euros:

Very tempted by this.

My Yema arrived today and I have to say it's a bit crap. The whole watch, especially the bracelet, just feels light, flimsy, tinny and cheap. I'm not going to get too upset as it was only 240 Euros but I'd definitely have been better off buying 2 Vostok SEs from Meranom for the same price - both would have been better quality. Or 4 normal Vostoks.

Useful to know.....^^

My Yema arrived today and I have to say it's a bit crap. The whole watch, especially the bracelet, just feels light, flimsy, tinny and cheap. I'm not going to get too upset as it was only 240 Euros but I'd definitely have been better off buying 2 Vostok SEs from Meranom for the same price - both would have been better quality. Or 4 normal Vostoks.
    This doesn't bode well. Mine still hasn't arrived but it sounds like it might be going straight back.

I wonder if the more expensive Heritage versions are any better? They cost about a grand

Master
    Glad you said that as I was getting tempted to give one a try but will save the money if that is the case!

Many thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a miss then!

Master
    Does anyone have both this and the heritage version to compare? I kind of hope they’re clearing the decks of the cheaper stuff.

Craftsman
    I bought the Yema Yachtingraf Regatta Black Quartz

YMHF1563-AA in Sale at 140 euros.

Strap is a texture foam type materiel but watch seems chunky and pleased for price

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...g?v=1560166525

https://eu.yema.com/collections/blac...tz-ymhf1563-aa

Probably the worst 'space watch' ever designed

Not surprising they've got the SpaceGraf on 'special offer'.

https://eu.yema.com/collections/blac...-ymhf2016-fgmt

My Mysterious Blue Superman just landed and first impressions aren't that bad. It's weighty, bracelet feels like any other standard, micro-brand, flip-lock clasp bracelet (with a nice taper), bezel clicks nicely, nice zip case. I'll reserve full judgement until I've had a proper look over the weekend.

Journeyman
    Not a bad deal, thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Just had word about Yema Black Friday sale:

https://en.yema.com/collections/black-friday

I couldn't resist a Mysterious Blue Superman auto on bracelet. Works out at about £400 rather than £650, and free shipping

Craftsman
    I asked about discount on non BF watches and they will give 10% off

Master
    Thought the heritage watches were decent quality I only sold mine because I had a similar tag I wore more

I'm reserving overall judgement until I've worn it for a week but initial impressions are: wears bigger than 40mm due to the thin bezel; beautiful dial colour; good lume comparable to my Doxa or Gycine, but still not Seiko/Omega bright; bracelet so-so with pin links and can't use 4th micro hole on the clasp because the wetsuit extension blocks it; timekeeping from the in-house MBP1000 movement seems to be pretty good so far (+2 over 48 hours); the quick-set date is nowhere near the smoothness of a Seiko or ETA movement, but it changed over normally at midnight. I think I'm going to fit my big hole Tropic tonight to give it that vintage vibe.

I'd say it was worth the sale price but I'd be miffed if I paid £650 or whatever for it.

I'd be interested in the heritage models as I think they're slightly smaller at 39 with domed sapphire and ETA movement, but it is quite a hike in price.

The pics make the bezel look out of wack but it's the angle. Straight on they're all good, give or take a gnat's cock

I'm reserving overall judgement until I've worn it for a week but initial impressions are: wears bigger than 40mm due to the thin bezel; beautiful dial colour; good lume comparable to my Doxa or Gycine, but still not Seiko/Omega bright; bracelet so-so with pin links and can't use 4th micro hole on the clasp because the wetsuit extension blocks it; timekeeping from the in-house MBP1000 movement seems to be pretty good so far (+2 over 48 hours); the quick-set date is nowhere near the smoothness of a Seiko or ETA movement, but it changed over normally at midnight. I think I'm going to fit my big hole Tropic tonight to give it that vintage vibe.

I'd say it was worth the sale price but I'd be miffed if I paid £650 or whatever for it.

I'd be interested in the heritage models as I think they're slightly smaller at 39 with domed sapphire and ETA movement, but it is quite a hike in price.

I'm *really* trying not to buy one of these (already have FAR too many midfield watches), but your pic makes it looks pretty damned nice!

Journeyman
    I ordered the Superman Lagoon. It seems black most of the time, it needs angled light to really see the blue.

The bracelet end links extend past the lugs, negating the lug to lug 48mm. It’s like a 50-52mm and makes it overhang my wrist. I took the bracelet off and am looking for another one that won’t extend, I think it will wear better. So far, the lug holes line up differently on everything I have. I’ll find one, the hunt is half the fun.
    Here it shows the overhang.

Poor planning and execution on the end links.
    I like the watch though, I like the color, hands, indices, fit and size.

Quote Originally Posted by svaglic View Post
    I ordered the Superman Lagoon. It seems black most of the time, it needs angled light to really see the blue.

The bracelet end links extend past the lugs, negating the lug to lug 48mm. It’s like a 50-52mm and makes it overhang my wrist. I took the bracelet off and am looking for another one that won’t extend, I think it will wear better. So far, the lug holes line up differently on everything I have. I’ll find one, the hunt is half the fun.
    Here it shows the overhang.

Poor planning and execution on the end links.
    I like the watch though, I like the color, hands, indices, fit and size.
    Seeing yours tipped me over the edge in the end...

Preferred the tan tropical leather. No regrets!

Craftsman

The pics make the bezel look out of wack but it's the angle. Straight on they're all good, give or take a gnat's cock
    I had a heritage Superman (with the lume issue) and didn't keep it long. It was okay, but never felt like it was worth the money and I found the bracelet particularly disappointing.

Love mine. Switched to a tropic strap, +6 seconds. Comfortable as well.