closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another break in

Another break in

Had another break in yesterday,attempting to steal car ,took keys but immobiliser stopped them.
    I’ve only had it back 2 months after it got taken in June .I think I’ll do with out a decent car if this is going to carry on.
    The culprits in June were caught but it seems having them on cctv isn’t enough to prosecute these days.
    Has they didn’t take the car this time they took all the wife’s jewellery,at least they didn’t find the watches .
    There’s only one thing they deserve .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    What car is it that's so desirable for stealing?

Craftsman
    Anything with an engine and 4 wheels for these scrotes.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    What car is it that's so desirable for stealing?
    M3-f80

Upgrade security with a hidden safe, huge security lights, more CCTV with signs all over the place, add an old steering wheel lock to the car to slow them down / put them off bothering if they are not familiar with it. Use lock types that are known to be bitches to crack ( I bought old US military ones that are absolute pigs to pick ) Put Doberman signs up ( nobody wants a fight with those dogs )

We put in a pull up post, nothing is getting on or off the drive.

Obviously the house is alarmed and well insured

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    We put in a pull up post, nothing is getting on or off the drive.

Obviously the house is alarmed and well insured
    Post are probably the best you can do, but it has to be the buried type than can track a ramming.

My house had a simple pull up post when my car was stolen then just drove into and over it. I've got a full buried post now that pulls up telescopically.

CCTV is a complete waste of time, all you get it a great break in home movie. It's not a deterrent at all as the faces are always covered.

Master
    Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Where do you live?
    Doncaster

Sorry to hear this Mick. At least you are all safe.

Grand Master
    Sorry to hear this.

If you own a desirable car it needs to be garaged thesedays, sad but true. Even that won`t stop the determined thieves.

It reminds me of the late 80s/early 90s when certain cars were getting nicked frequently, despite all the advances in technology the problem hasn`t gone away and it never will. The keyless entry thing is a retrograde step, god knows who thought it was a good idea, it's created new opportunities for the thieves. A definite case of solving a problem that didn`t exist.

I`ve lost interest in the so-called 'desirable' cars, but even if I hadn`t I`d think long and hard about owning something that will attract the wrong attention, it's just not worth it.

Craftsman
    I`ve lost interest in the so-called 'desirable' cars, but even if I hadn`t I`d think long and hard about owning something that will attract the wrong attention, it's just not worth it. This. It’s a shame we now live in this society but it’s so true,there is also the supermarket trolley green eye that will run down the side of yours just because Santa didn’t leave one for them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    I`ve lost interest in the so-called 'desirable' cars, but even if I hadn`t I`d think long and hard about owning something that will attract the wrong attention, it's just not worth it. This. It’s a shame we now live in this society but it’s so true,there is also the supermarket trolley green eye that will run down the side of yours just because Santa didn’t leave one for them.
    Couple of years ago I watched in amazement as a young woman in a Range rover after unloading her shopping just cast away the trolley.

It was a very windy day and said trolley went bouncing its way through the car park hitting several cars!!!!

Another break in

I feel for you, work hard and treat yourself to some luxury items and some scum think they have a right to just take it.

I suppose you could upgrade security but how far do you go before it feels overwhelming and not like a home? Also, perhaps the car gives away that the owner will also own other expensive luxury items.
    I also have an M3 (1987 E30) in the garage that isn’t currently road worthy, but when it was I didn’t like leaving it on the drive as it attracts attention to the house, one dodgy delivery driver with mates and the house is logged for a visit.

Craftsman
    Not a nice thing to happen.
    Hope you are all ok.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Glad you’re ok

Friend of mine has sold both his m3 and m4
    Sick of seeing villains on his drive and breaking in

No matter what you put up - if they want it - they’ll come for the keys.

Master
    Feel for you...when changing to my latest car i really wanted the Golf R but where i live there is a high performance car being stolen every month with them breaking into the house...couldn't put the wife or me through that.

Most of the scum are traveling from Manchester and Liverpool to our nice estates in rural Lancashire.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Feel for you...when changing to my latest car i really wanted the Golf R but where i live there is a high performance car being stolen every month with them breaking into the house...couldn't put the wife or me through that.

Most of the scum are traveling from Manchester and Liverpool to our nice estates in rural Lancashire.
    To our nice estates in rural Lancashire ? Are there no nice estates in Manchester or Liverpool ?

How do you know most of the thefts are by peoe from Manchester or Liverpool ?

Nice to massively generalise

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    To our nice estates in rural Lancashire ? Are there no nice estates in Manchester or Liverpool ?

How do you know most of the thefts are by peoe from Manchester or Liverpool ?

Nice to massively generalise
    Organised gangs from South Liverpool, Manchester and West Yorkshire are venturing out every night. Main targets are Crewe, Northwich and Knutsford due in part to Bentley workers having high end VAG group cars and generally more affluent folk being an easier target. It's an epidemic.

That's taken from a conversation with a friend who has a relative who works for GMP.

The area I live in Liverpool is a hotspot due to easy motorway access. The last lot of break ins were tracked to a gang from Salford. Cross pollination is rife.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Organised gangs from South Liverpool, Manchester and West Yorkshire are venturing out every night. Main targets are Crewe, Northwich and Knutsford due in part to Bentley workers having high end VAG group cars and generally more affluent folk being an easier target. It's an epidemic.

That's taken from a conversation with a friend who has a relative who works for GMP.

The area I live in Liverpool is a hotspot due to easy motorway access. The last lot of break ins were tracked to a gang from Salford. Cross pollination is rife.
    South Liverpool ? Its the most affluent part of the city.

South Liverpool ? Its the most affluent part of the city.
    Gateacre, Allerton and Woolton aside, that small fishing village called Speke tends to overshadow the area.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Gateacre, Allerton and Woolton aside, that small fishing village called Speke tends to overshadow the area.
    Mine was found to be some lads from Tuebrook.

I don't think you can even say it's organised gangs anymore it's just lads from everywhere in every area.

Mine was found to be some lads from Tuebrook.

I don't think you can even say it's organised gangs anymore it's just lads from everywhere in every area.
    Aye, it's centred around the bad areas that's for sure. Like any inner city good and bad areas always flank each other. But there still an element of organisation to it. For example an order goes in for for a make / model (for parts or splicing) and the scouts are sent out - usually with Intel taken from Facebook and Forums. There are methods to get owner details if you have the number plate from, say, a picture posted to a owner group. Always blank out your number plate folks!

The approach currently being taken by Crims in London and, especially Birmingham on the other hand is what I fear. Broad daylight violent carjackings. It won't take long for that method / approach to spread.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Glad to read you are all ok.

Over here it ís very well organised crime.
    Several bands, several types of markets:
    - very high end ones for selling on, often on order
    - high end ones for spares
    - the most popular on the market for spares
    - popular mid range family cars with diesel engine for north african market

The first two benefit from localisers as the gangs will often leave the cars for 48 hours in case it is tracked. Preventing theft is basically impossible.
    The latter are on a ferry with Moroccan plates the next day.
    Theft of the latter two is not complicated as there are plenty in communal use garages. All they need is clone the remote control and wear a mask.

The joy riding category exists too but is negligible in comparison.

There some 140.000 cars stolen yearly in Spain:
    1. Seat León
    2. Seat Ibiza
    3. Volkswagen Golf
    4. Citroën C4
    5. Audi A3
    6. Opel Insignia
    7. BMW 120
    8. Ford Focus
    9. BMW 320
    10. Mercedes-Benz CLA 117

New car sales was 1.334.085 in 2018:
    Seat León
    Seat Ibiza
    Nissan Qashqai
    Dacia Sandero
    Renault Mégane
    Renault Clio
    Volkswagen Polo
    Volkswagen Golf
    Peugeot 3008
    Opel Corsa

Rather shocking that theft is a tenth of sales!!
    Same thing the correlation.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 8th November 2019 at 14:50.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Like some others have said, I'm no longer interested in high end cars (not that I've ever had a really expensive car).

Meanwhile, my neighbour has a very well specified X5 M which probably cost around 100K (or more) and he fits a crook-lok on it. I just couldn't be bothered with that and rather delight in my bottom of the range Honda Civic that is hopefully a fairly unlikely target for thieves.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

It’s depressing that smart cars seem to be on loan to the owners. We have had a spate of car vandalism here. I have never known a theft though. We have the protection of a 10 hour ferry ride to the mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Had another break in yesterday,attempting to steal car ,took keys but immobiliser stopped them.
    I’ve only had it back 2 months after it got taken in June .I think I’ll do with out a decent car if this is going to carry on.
    The culprits in June were caught but it seems having them on cctv isn’t enough to prosecute these days.
    Has they didn’t take the car this time they took all the wife’s jewellery,at least they didn’t find the watches .
    There’s only one thing they deserve .

Sorry to hear about the break in, out of interest what immobiliser did you have? Ghost?

we learned yesterday, my employer ( as a large insurer ) of JLR and other prestige marks mecs, bmw, are currently taking hits of approx. 1.5 to 1.6 million pounds a month ( yes a month) in stolen / un recovered vehicles ! and we are also aware landrover know were some of the vehicle's are but will not tell due to GDPR/ data protection, the latest JLR cars are connected( implanted sims) to LR and LR know when a owner opens a door ,when a light comes on , claims of stolen vehicles have been rejected as the owner has not locked the car, as a misconception amongst owners is believing because a door opens as they approach , it locks automatically when they walk away!

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the break in, out of interest what immobiliser did you have? Ghost?
    Trackstar ,tracker and immobiliser

Glad to hear you’re ok, must be very unsettling to say the least. I recently test drove the new fiesta ST which I quite fancied - not a ‘high end’ car but I’m sure desirable to the scumbags out there, and much as I liked it - and even though I have a garage - I couldn’t be bothered with all the potential hassle, and attracting idiots to the house and family. Sad thing is now I’m old enough for cheap insurance and am sensible enough to drive hot hatches my sensible middle aged head just says ‘don’t bother’