closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: interesting watches you have seen in the wild

Craftsman

interesting watches you have seen in the wild

Im always looking around at peoples watches on my commute and usually its the standard apple watch, galaxy something or other, fitbits, occasionally a g-shock or a seiko or citizen bought on an argos sale.
    Today however was a little different.

First, a chap had a Rolex Gmt master 2, the black ceramic bezel & red GMT hand version, super clean very nice watch.
    Also saw an Alpinist on nato as i was getting off public transport.

Two automatics like that on one commute is far from standard!
    About a month ago i also saw a lady wearing a gold rolex oyster of some type, im not too up on rolex ladies watches so unsure what model exactly.

It may be a little different for folks in london, perhaps rolexes & omegas are more common place.

What have y ouseen in the wild recently that was genuinely interesting to you?

Craftsman
    If it was a black ceramic bezel GMT Master II then it should have the green 24 hour hand.

If it had a red hand then it was probably an earlier 5 digit GMT with black (non ceramic) bezel. I have limited knowledge so stand to be corrected lol

Saw an older guy in a pub once wearing an Ed White Speedmaster on its original bracelet. He claimed he didn't know about the names given to watches etc, although he said he was a jeweller and someone had brought it into his shop to sell. Probably told the guy it was just an old Omega and gave him buttons for it. It was a nice watch, would hate to think the original owner was ripped off, but I suspect they were.

Craftsman
    Saw someone earlier this year wearing a 50th anniversary Speedmaster (Aldrins Arse) and struck up a conversation. He was over the moon somone had noticed it!

Master
    ‘The Aldrin’s Arse’
    This could be the next Paul Newman !
    Or maybe not....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    A bloke I sat next to on the bus yesterday wore a Seiko 6139-6005 "Pogue" on a leather strap.

My most memorable was an older gentleman in Whole Foods wearing his well worn Rolex Explorer 1016 on a bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    Saw someone earlier this year wearing a 50th anniversary Speedmaster (Aldrins Arse) and struck up a conversation. He was over the moon somone had noticed it!
    I never knew they made a Speedmaster with Uncle Buzz on the dial. Then again i lost interest in the Speedmaster years ago.

The most unusual I've seen is a carbon fibre Hublot on the wrist of an Italian tourist on the train, never seen (recognised) any Hublot before.

Regularly see Rolex Subs, OPs, DJs, the occasional DD, more regularly modern Omega Seamasters and once a PO.

A lovely JLC moonphase chronograph once on a plane...

On Monday a 50something guy wearing a blue suit and trainer-like shoes was managing to display his Patek Nautilus as he catwalked his way down Arlington St.

interesting watches you have seen in the wild

I never realised I really really want a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms until I sat on a plane next to a guy wearing one...

Simon

Master
    As the OP mentioned its relatively rare in Dublin still. May have been my wife you saw with the gold ladies rolex

One of my colleagues, london based, has a nice collection and we talk watches a lot, he has most of the modern sports rolexes as well as a vintage explorer and explorer 2, nice JLC sector dial and a few other bits.

We have a team in antwerp and one of them trades in watches a little and normally has a nautilus of some description on!