closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Why Justin Bieber, Chris Pratt and Offset Like to ‘Double-Wrist’...

Master

Why Justin Bieber, Chris Pratt and Offset Like to ‘Double-Wrist’...

Looks like me wearing a Fitbit on my right wrist and a "proper" watch on my left wrist is now super chic :)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/06/s...ble-watch.html

simon

If one's a fit bit isn't that just for exercise stats?

Not going to wear two on the same wrist. Plus is he an ambassador for a watch brand? Might be contracted to wear a watch on TV interviews, when rest of the time he doesn't

Master

It's just a matter of time...

I see a lot of men in San Francisco "double wristing", invariably with a Rolex or an AP and the ubiquitous Apple Watch.

I've resisted it so far but it's only a matter of time before I succumb, the utility of the Apple Watch being what it is (I currently "make do" with a more discreet Fitbit)

But two mechanical watches? I guess it's jewellery, and women wear more than two bracelets or rings or pendants, or earrings, so why not? It's just a convention after all.

However, the idea that you need two for two different timezones is, of course, nonsense. That's what the Pepsi is for ;)

Craftsman
    I was guilty of wearing a mechanical watch and a Fitbit for a few months, though Fitbit is now rarely worn. Serves a good purpose for monitoring activity, health etc though

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    I was guilty of wearing a mechanical watch and a Fitbit for a few months, though Fitbit is now rarely worn. Serves a good purpose for monitoring activity, health etc though

Depends on the activity. If you do lots of oly lifting type work, there is no elegant electronic solution for tracking workouts.

Use the stairs, walk, do 30 mins of intense exercise 3-4 times a week, moderate the treats and nobody needs to monitor anything.

Master
    I've got to admit I've thought about it with my Garmin and Rolex.

The Garmin's I thought were a junk gimmick but since I've had one they are actually superb. I don't myself wearing that more than any other watch now as it's great the info you get from it.

Craftsman
    I’ve been seriously thinking about getting an Apple Watch recently. To try and get the idea out of my system I’ve gone back to wearing my Fitbit on my other wrist this week to see if I get any real value out of the data.

It’s the narrow band HR type so it doesn’t seem as dorky as having two watches on

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    I see a lot of men in San Francisco "double wristing", invariably with a Rolex or an AP and the ubiquitous Apple Watch.

I've resisted it so far .....
    I definitely misread that first time through...... :o

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post

The term you presumably nearly misread is also used by Americans in polite conversation - it means carrying two glasses of booze at the same time - what we would less tantalisingly refer to as “stacking”

I’ve been double wristing for most of this year.

Wanted to try an iwatch so the wife bought me one for Christmas. Never going to replace my other watches so tried it and found it works for me. Had a couple of mates doing it now as well

Malc

Craftsman
    My 73 year old dad is a trendsetter, who knew?!

Blog Entries
    Probably the first time in 20 years I’ve been fashionable. Been wearing a Fitbit for health monitoring on my right wrist but still wearing a mechanical on my left for about 6 months. So does the missus.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    I can see why people do it, I’ve thought about teaming up the trusty Rolex with a Fitbit combo but I’m sure I’ll get some funny looks.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    I see a lot of men in San Francisco "double wristing"
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    that username to post correlation.

Master

Why Justin Bieber, Chris Pratt and Offset Like to ‘Double-Wrist’...

Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    I can see why people do it, I’ve thought about teaming up the trusty Rolex with a Fitbit combo but I’m sure I’ll get some funny looks.
    I’ve been doing this for some time now (with the smaller HR Fitbit) and I haven’t noticed any funny looks. The Fitbit just looks like a bracelet. I have mine on a leather strap.
    Somewhat irrationally, the step up to Apple Watch is one I’m not willing to make yet, as I suspect that might get looks. Although the idea that anyone else really gives a cr@p is kind of self-indulgent in the first place ;)
    Last edited by MadeOfCheese; 8th November 2019 at 07:22.

Master
    I have a charge 3 fitbit on my right wrist & whatever I fancy on my left. I have a variety of straps for both, as you’d expect.

Love the idea of the extra functionality an Apple Watch would bring, but just a little unsure of wearing it instead of the fitbit size wise.

Equally the speed Apple seems to update them feels like the only time to purchase is yesterday or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Like many it seems I wear a fitbit on the right wrist and mechanical watch on the left. Fitbit is small and disrete so don't get any comment an have not noticed and odd looks. Thus far at least.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson_smyth View Post

Use the stairs, walk, do 30 mins of intense exercise 3-4 times a week, moderate the treats and nobody needs to monitor anything.
    Exactly why I stopped wearing mine ;)

Journeyman
    Been thinking about the Apple Watch on the right wrist for a while as I never wear it other than for exercise at the moment... a few more celebs and maybe I can do it lol

Been wearing an Apple Watch on my right hand for over two years now with my choice on the left.

Master
    I double wrist sometimes when cycling. My Garmin GPS watch won't show clock time and distance done at the same time, so I wear a very cheap & light Casio analogue piece on my wright wrist.

Journeyman
    I was thinking of getting a apple watch on black Friday, mainly for at work, I am in a noisy environment and miss lots of calls and notifications, so I can see the benefit,

Scottie

Master
    Been double wristing for over three years now, mechanical watch on the left and Garmin fitness band on the right.

Who knew I’d be ahead of trend ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by scottie2345 View Post
    I was thinking of getting a apple watch on black Friday, mainly for at work, I am in a noisy environment and miss lots of calls and notifications, so I can see the benefit,

Scottie
    I have an Apple Watch - now sat in a drawer as I found it irritating tbh, although I’m the type who switches his phone off and chucks it in a kitchen drawer most evenings, to avoid too much time staring at little screens! Never double wristed though, The concept of a watch on one wrist and jewellery watch on the other is a bit, erm, fashion conscious imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Very common these days - but happy resisting the urge