closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thinnest automatic speedy?

Master

Thinnest automatic speedy?

I love the speedy but personally don’t want a manual wind watch. Does anyone know the thickness of the thinnest automatic speedy or are they all the same?

Stu

Master
    If you want a full size ie the same as the Moonwatch in look then the 3303 or 3313 movement Broad Arrow models are exactly the same thickness as the manual wind equivalent. From memory around 13mm. The Reduced model using the compound movement is likely thinner but that is a very different watch. I doubt the 7750 based models such as the Date and Triple date are particularly thin, that movement is very fat. If thinness is what you desire I would steer clear of the recent two register ‘57 and Racing models. Those are very thick at around 16mm+
    Last edited by Padders; 10th November 2019 at 11:07.

Master
    My guess is that the thinnest one is the reduced...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Agree with all the previous comments, The 3510.50 Reduced is the thinnest automatic but it’s a completely different beast.

If the OP likes the Moonwatch my strong advice is to cone to terms with the hand- winding, it really isn’t a problem. All you need to do is remember to wind it last thing at night and next morning. If you forget once it’ll have sufficient reserve to still keep good time till the next wind.

In years gone by all my watches were hand- wound, now I only have one, so I find it harder to remember to wind it, but I don’t see this as a problem or drawback.

A hand- wound Speedy that’s been regulated carefully will keep very good time if it’s wound twice/ day, I’ve serviced a couple this tear and I’ve been impressed. If the watch was slightly smaller I’d own one, but I’m happier with the smaller versions.

Master
    As always thank you all for the responses. I may eventually buy a manual wind watch but for now they just are not for me.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    I may eventually buy a manual wind watch but for now they just are not for me.
    Can’t understand this. A modern hand wound watch is a novelty thesedays but there was a time when most watches were hand- wound!