closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Everest rivet bracelet sizing advice please

Everest rivet bracelet sizing advice please

I received my bracelet this morning to be fitted to my 36mm Everest, from the 1ˢᵗ batch last December. If anyone's sized one for a 7" wrist can you tell me how many (if any) links you removed and which side/s you took it/them from please. Thanks in advance.
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I received my bracelet this morning to be fitted to my 36mm Everest, from the 1ˢᵗ batch last December. If anyone's sized one for a 7" wrist can you tell me how many (if any) links you removed and which side/s you took it/them from, please. Thanks in advance.
    My wrist is 6 7/8. I removed 3 links and have the bracelet attached at the second hole of the clasp. I have no removeable links left on the 6 o'clock end and 3 on the other end. The "scissors" of the clasp are more or less centred on my wrist, but the visible part of the clasp is not. You will likely need an extra link. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by fishbio2; 7th November 2019 at 14:50. Reason: minor wording change

Apprentice
    I removed 2 links from the 'Rivet' bracelet for a 7 1/2 inch wrist. Clasp is at the first hole or maximum diameter.
    The bracelet fits exceptionally well but I'll most probably have to revisit sizing for the summer months when the local temperature sometimes exceeds 45'C combined with high humidity causing the body to retain fluid and fat wrists.

The Black Dial 36mm with 'Rivet' bracelet is due to arrive with me this afternoon and I'll experiment with only 1 link removal and minimizing the diameter using the clasp.

Truely lovely watches with I think exceptionally well made and attractive rattle free bracelets.

First post after years of lurking, be gentle.

Curses! UPS have just emailed to say my package containing the Black Dial Everest 36mm is being held for exceptional circumstances and an alternative delivery date will be arranged. No 'Rivet' bracelet sizing for me this evening after a day of happy anticipation.
    Last edited by Misbourne; 7th November 2019 at 15:38. Reason: No delivery of watch today.

Apprentice
    Whoops! New Starter and a double post.
    Last edited by Misbourne; 7th November 2019 at 18:22. Reason: Double post

Thank you both for taking the time to reply. I have a good idea where to start now.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    You wrote 31k posts and you ask how to adjust the bracelet?

Thanks again gents, saved me a little time adding and removing links to get the size right and the clasp where I want it. In fact I spent more time dressing my screwdriver and putting a new tip in the Bergeon!
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    What's a bracelet?

Will your grammar improve over the next 31,344 posts?

Apprentice

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Will your grammar improve over the next 31,344 posts?

Blog Entries
    You have wrote four posts since you joined sir, your fifth is now a comment on this thread to which the OP has asked a genuine question. I can't see what the issue is but you being smarmy is not very helpful.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bond; 8th November 2019 at 21:25.

Good evening, welcome to the forum. Although you state that you won't improve your grammar it's your manners that you need to work on. I hope you enjoy your time here.
    Last edited by magirus; 9th November 2019 at 08:45.
    F.T.F.A.

Welcome to the forum.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Damn... I also atruggled myself!
    This thread makes total sense!

Allow me to say that at first it wears weird, maybe the clasp is shorter than the folding bits and the slim case has some ... whatever, fact is I had to adjust it 4 times before being rather satisfied.
    Well, it could have been my wrist, fact is I could not get the clasp to hang at the middle of the wrist when the watch was on top, in the middle.

As of now, I have 3 more links on the top side bracelet which for me is totally weird but it seems to work!

BUBI 0_0

Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post

Allow me to say that at first it wears weird, maybe the clasp is shorter than the folding bits and the slim case has some ... whatever, fact is I had to adjust it 4 times before being rather satisfied.
    Well, it could have been my wrist, fact is I could not get the clasp to hang at the middle of the wrist when the watch was on top, in the middle.

As of now, I have 3 more links on the top side bracelet which for me is totally weird but it seems to work!

BUBI 0_0
    I had the same issue and solution, with my first Submariner.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post

BUBI 0_0
    I wouldn't say I struggled, but it took me a while to figure it out... so I knew the question was valid... I just didn't know how to explain it to someone with smaller wrists than me.

Basically, you gotta position the blades underneath the wrist and not the buckle...
    Last edited by abraxas; 17th November 2019 at 16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

Basically, you gotta position the blades underneath the wrist and not buckle...
    Exactly that. I've got another watch with a small clasp/buckle that I have to do the same thing with, so I was sort of familiar with the need.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Grand Master
    With most bracelets the 6 side has to be slightly shorter for the watch to sit properly. The blades of the clasp should be central on the wrist, that’s what influences the fit. If this causes the clasp to appear imbalanced its not a problem.

bubi your photo shows it adjusted to the 3rd hole in on the clasp just like mine. I would like to go in one more but the rivets stick out and will not allow. If I remove another link and put it in the first hole it will work but in the summer months not allow for any loosening. I removed 3 links and plan to sacrifice one by grinding off the rivets to allow it to fit inside the clasp.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbmike View Post
    bubi your photo shows it adjusted to the 3rd hole in on the clasp just like mine. I would like to go in one more but the rivets stick out and will not allow. ...
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that the last two holes in the clasp were unusable due to the width of the rivets.

I am not going to lose any sleep over it.
    Last edited by abraxas; 17th November 2019 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that the last two holes in the clasp were unusable due to the width of the rivets.

I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

You aren't the only one. Luckily it's not an issue for me, but my Dremmel was on standby in case.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbmike View Post
    bubi your photo shows it adjusted to the 3rd hole in on the clasp just like mine. I would like to go in one more but the rivets stick out and will not allow. If I remove another link and put it in the first hole it will work but in the summer months not allow for any loosening. I removed 3 links and plan to sacrifice one by grinding off the rivets to allow it to fit inside the clasp.

I'm actually looking for a non riveted oyster...

BUBI 0_0

Master
    I did a fair amount of adjustment as well, but I'm now happy with the fit.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I did a fair amount of adjustment as well, but I'm now happy with the fit.

It seems well balanced, both the bracelet itself and on the wrist

Apprentice
    Sadly the v2 bracelet and I did not get on. I did not mind the rivets but I could not get it adjusted comfortably to fit my six inch wrist no matter how I configured it. So I have gone back to the original bracelet. It's ugly but of the three bracelets I've tried now, for me it is the most comfortable.

Apprentice
    You're right, the question wasn't so stupid.
    I condemn myself.
    The folding element does not match the clasp. A clasp in the prototype was almost perfect, but here we have a weird combination of a modern folding with a retro clasp.