700lb Bench For 3 Reps!

Crazy strong MOUNTAIN of a man!

https://youtu.be/9SCt2X4PqSc

Craftsman
    Absoulte Monster!

Is that all ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Phenomenal pressing. Think this is the first tme someone has repped 700lbs raw? Deont recall Eric Spoto or Kirill Sarychev (Sp?) ever doing it.

Bit of a tangent but Colin Bryce (man behind Worlds Strongest Man) has invited him to the world log lift championships and offered him £50k if he beats the world record. Will be interesting to see what he can do. A lot more to a log life than just pressing in. I'm a failry decent presser but have a comparatively poor log press for example.

Bit of a belly on him mind you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They all run on a ton of carbs

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Phenomenal pressing. Think this is the first tme someone has repped 700lbs raw? Deont recall Eric Spoto or Kirill Sarychev (Sp?) ever doing it.

Bit of a tangent but Colin Bryce (man behind Worlds Strongest Man) has invited him to the world log lift championships and offered him £50k if he beats the world record. Will be interesting to see what he can do. A lot more to a log life than just pressing in. I'm a failry decent presser but have a comparatively poor log press for example.
    I thought I used to be quite strong, but he's not that far off to being double my old bench. Trying to increase my weights again this year I shredded my pec, and I'm probably not going to lift heavy chest press again.

The log lifts look like a whole different animal technique wise.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I thought I used to be quite strong, but he's not that far off to being double my old bench. Trying to increase my weights again this year I shredded my pec, and I'm probably not going to lift heavy chest press again.

Erm...if you were benching ca. 150kg I’d say that makes you ‘quite strong’...that’s certainly more than my current (and best ever) weights. But having recently met you I can believe it though!!

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    They all run on a ton of carbs
    Yep that’s the difference between a power lifter and steroid laden bodybuilder.

Master
    Blog Entries
    2 scoops of Creatine powder, BCAAs + Cayenne pepper = CRAZY POWER.
    Last edited by Bry1975; 7th November 2019 at 08:03.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post

I have also tore my pec, although mine wasnt a full rupture, still stopped me from benching for a good year. I have now found I can bench heavy again but I have to use a narrow grip. Good job I was already a tricep dominant presser!

Loglift is very different technique so bit of an odd challenge to be set for him really. Two completely different lifts. My bench pb is 205kg but most I have log pressed is 140kg (push press). Yet strict standing overhead press most I have done is 110kg which is wefully poor in comparsion to my bench. Everybody's biomechanics are different.

I also found that increasing body weight helped lifts like squat and deadlift (althought there is a point of diminshing returns) but had little benefit to my bench.

Craftsman
    Good lifts them, what bodyweight are you?

My current bench is around 120 which frustrates the crap out of me because I never seem to improve on it, I've just reset and began to bench wider as I'm a narrow grip bencher to see if that helps.

The log is a different beast all together, I've started log pressing as an alternative to straight bar military for some variation in the last 6 month and to me there is alot more technique to it. The first time that logs resting on your throat before lockout out you know about it ����
    My current goal is 250 DL, which I'm plucking away at slowly
    Last edited by Neal666; 7th November 2019 at 12:18.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post

My current bench is around 120 which frustrates the crap out of me because I never seem to improve on it, I've just reset and began to bench wider as I'm a narrow grip bencher to see if that helps.
    120kg, I have pushed up to 20st (128kg) but didnt get any benefit (other than enjoying eating more food!!) so cut back down. Current bodyweight is 105kg so bench, squat, deadlift has dropped my circa 20%, interestingly overhead pressing strength by nowhere near as much. My best bench at 105kg bodyweight is 190kg but I had to really focus on bench and make sure I stayed injury free.

Ultimately if you want to get strong you have to train to get strong (ie powerlifting programme not hypertrophy based etc) but takes times. Keep chipping away and it will come.

Deadlift is one lift I have found I couldnt rush and I also found I can only deadlift from the floor once every two weeks otherwise I cant recover fully. Very annoying especially when I see some people deadlifting heavy multiple times a week. Finding out what works for you is half the battle.

With bench a specifically a lot of it is down to finding the right technque for you eg flat back / arched back, feet tucked / flat feet etc so you have to play around with it and see what feels natural.

Ideally when the bar is on your chest your elbows shouldnt be below your back (if that makes sense) and your forarm should be perpendicular to the floor with the bar sat in line with forearm for most effective power transfer. When lowering the bar also try and imagine your'e trying to bend the bar with your hands and that helps keep your body tight and in the correct position. It is a surprisgnly technical lift and in this day age youtube helps a lot.

The below series of vids is very useful for bench setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHx1gYTA-Rw

Hope that helps a little.
    Last edited by Gerald Genta; 7th November 2019 at 12:35.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Bit of a belly on him mind you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    All power lifters have,the guys you see on stage posing (Body builders) are two totally different physiques,and for different sports all together.

And both held highly by myself because I know what it takes to achieve both those body types.

Master

The log is a different beast all together, I've started log pressing as an alternative to straight bar military for some variation in the last 6 month and to me there is alot more technique to it. The first time that logs resting on your throat before lockout out you know about it 🤣🤣
    Up your tricep training routine that's what will be failing you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post

All the strongmen are on steroids too !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Also worth using wider bar and band training.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    All power lifters have,the guys you see on stage posing (Body builders) are two totally different physiques,and for different sports all together.

And both held highly by myself because I know what it takes to achieve both those body types.
    What sport is body building for?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Up your tricep training routine that's what will be failing you.

Yeh I have increased my tri work recently aswell. I've just changed to the conjugate style 2 max effort 2 dynamic effort days. I was using a variation of the 531 which served me well bit felt I needed to change it up, it was a big change going from somthing so ridgid to the conjugate method with all the variations.

He made that look easy but I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest there will be some pharmaceutical assistance. My max was 185kg bench, for one or two and that was after grinding away with a five week system for months. The aim was 200kg bench, 300kg deadlift and 300kg squat but the bench stuck at 185, no matter how hard I tried.

Craftsman
    Yeh I have increased my tri work recently aswell. I've just changed to the conjugate style 2 max effort 2 dynamic effort days. I was using a variation of the 531 which served me well bit felt I needed to change it up, it was a big change going from somthing so ridgid to the conjugate method with all the variations.
    I followed the 531 boring but big routine for a couple of years and got good results. Ive never had a good run at conjugate method but several friends train that way and have great results. Always thought conjugate benefitted equipped powerlifters more than raw but I have no personal experience of it so perhaps not in best position to comment,

If you are able to bench multiple times a week a smolov routine would blast you through your plateau. Used this on squat with very good results.

It’s a mighty large weight but bulk shifts bulk and a good target for anyone is to be able to bench 1.5x bodyweight. He is 203kg and lifted 335kg, I was benching 125kg at 74kg bodyweight. It’s all relative but I’d kick his butt at pull ups, muscle ups or chin ups. Saying that I do always enjoy the strength on WSM etc so fair play to him.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    It’s a mighty large weight but bulk shifts bulk and a good target for anyone is to be able to bench 1.5x bodyweight. He is 203kg and lifted 335kg, I was benching 125kg at 74kg bodyweight. It’s all relative but I’d kick his butt at pull ups, muscle ups or chin ups. Saying that I do always enjoy the strength on WSM etc so fair play to him.
    The correlation between bodyweight and strength def differs as you get to the upper echelons of strength sports. For example I could bulk to 200kg and I would be fairly confident my bench would not be anywhere near 300kg! I've benched 205kg at 120kg bodyweight and 190kg at 105kg so there comes a point of diminishing returns. In the past I have bulked beyond 120kg and didnt get any gains in my bench press (squat and deadlift did increase though).

As an aside Eddie Halls 500kg deadlift was only 2.5 times bodyweight, some top lightweight powerlifters have managed to deadlift 4 x BW. In my opinion Eddie Halls achievement is more impressive simply because 500kg is 500kg!! haha

Master
    Blog Entries

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    Very unfair, I know a few bodybuilders and none of them use steroids. They eat ultra clean train hard and have a meticulous program. Massive amount of work and mental strength required and none of them deserve to be categorized as a steroid laaden bodybuilder.

See it time and time again, normal folk see a shredded built guy and instantly jump to "roid head" wirhout a thought of the weekly meal prep, planning, programing, super clean diet and consistent hard work.